Sentimental Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Ventrex
Org Profile

Post by Ventrex » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Fairly new to the site, but this is the video that drew me in:

Initially, I thought it was a horrible idea to use a Travis song for a montage of various Oshii films. Actually watching it won me over; everything about it is somehow perfect, much more so than any other anime music video I'd seen previously. Each lyric matches the imagery to a T. And the shots from Angel's Egg still make me smile, even knowing the ending. There is just something about that film I find inherently sweet and melancholy. A strange combination, but watching it always makes me feel warm, though the ending brings on coldness.

The music, lyrics, and imagery for the video all combine to make something completely beautiful and moving. It's not really often I can say that about an anime music video. A reminder that this can be an artform and not always just a hobby.
"I don't think I'm alone in feeling the immutable sadness contained in these fragments. Perhaps that is the price of perceiving accurately. At least with such sorrow must come knowledge."
--333: 366

TannimFodder
Org Profile

Post by TannimFodder » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:50 am

Ran across this while downloading Incubus songs. Excellent use of Tenchi to invoke feeling.

Link: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=1602

Title: I Miss You (remastered)
Anime: Tenchi Muyo
Music: Incubus - "I Miss You"
Creator: Nullstate Productions

imphill
Org Profile

Post by imphill » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:01 pm

OMG WTFFF?!
how can you forget:

It brought tears to my eyes first time :oops: . Great lipsync (Mainly...), excelent anims and professional looking.
Yes OK, its Excel Saga, but it's still sentimental.
"At least i have chicken"
- Ols Klingon Proverb

>Mone Mone!
>Is that right?
>MONE!!
>hmmm...

raiju
Org Profile

Post by raiju » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:22 am

The AMV:

is a very emotionally filled one. you'll understand what I mean if you've ever seen SHUFFLE!. Like I said, very emotional! It had me almost :cry:
Don't Start With Me! You Will Not Win.

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:24 am

Okay the visual-qualitiy of this one isn't that great, but still I like this video.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:28 pm

------

It might not seem like a really sentimental video since it is a metalvideo, but I'm sure it more the sentimental if you know the connection between the sources. It's really touching somehow and it never get's boring to bad it didn't get that award at the VCA's 2004.

------

When it comes to smooth editing and good excuted videos I mostly think about action or effectfocused videos. But this is the best example that you can sync everything properly and still build up an atmosphere that'll let you shed a tear. Sierra Lorna is definitely the best artist when it comes to sentimetal videos. In my mind is one fine video it's ver dramatic somehow mellow and very sentimental without being cheesy.

------

The very best sentimental video I've seen till now. There's nothing beyond this one. It really took my breath away when I saw it for the first time, such passion and moreover skill is nearly unbelieveable. If you haven't seen it (which would be a bit strange since it's really popular) get it and be a witness of the best sentimental video in ages. :)

------

This is more a happy romance video than a sad or sentimental video, but iit's effect on the viewer is in fact sentimental thus I also recommend it here. It's not as dramatic as the videos above but I like the naive way the story is told within this video, it's way more cute than the movie itself. And moreover the editing is very skilled. Definitely worth more than just one watch.

menvael
Org Profile

Post by menvael » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:43 am

OK everyone I got to watch this vid has cried outright or teared up including my freaking hockey coach. The best AMV I've ever seen hands down.

So weather it was meant to be sentimental or not, it lands as such in my books at least

silmeluin
Org Profile

Post by silmeluin » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:39 pm

This video made me a bit juicy in the eyes, a powerful- and rather heartwarming amv.

Vicious Knives
Org Profile

Post by Vicious Knives » Wed Mar 22, 2006 4:40 pm

Since Individuality is the only sentimental Azumanga Daioh video I've seen, that makes it the best sentimental Azumanga Daioh video I've seen by default. Even so, I think it's very well done. It touches on every one of the main female characters. It starts out a little slowly (with a clip that many of you might recognize from AMV Hell 3), but it managed to really grab hold of my heartstrings by the end. I'm such a sap.

c17
Org Profile

Post by c17 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:31 am

Don't forget A thousand Miles by Kwasek

Return to “Recommended AMVs”