Yaoi, Slash, Shonen-ai and Alt Universe Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
kowaiyoukai
Org Profile

Post by kowaiyoukai » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:50 pm

Hey all. These are my favorite yaoi/shounen-ai videos, although some of them can probably be construed as friendship vids. I highly recommend all of these to all yaoi/shounen-ai fans, or just to fans of the series. Sorry if there are repeats.

I’ve ordered them by series, so you can easily browse through this incredibly long list! ^_^;;

<b>Angel’s Feather</b>:

Description: I didn’t really like the OAV, I’ve never played the game, but this AMV rocks.

<b>Boys Next Door</b>:

Description: This AMV uses the BND manga by Kaori Yuki as it’s only source, and it so works. Major spoilers for the manga if you haven’t read it yet.

<b>Cardcaptor Sakura</b>:

Description: How can you not squee like a fangirl over this video? I ask you.

<b>Descendents of Darkness</b>:

Description: This is the only AMV I have ever liked for Yami no Matsui. I love the Tsuzuki/Hisoka pairing, but this is the only AMV that does the pairing properly, in my humble opinion.

<b>Digimon</b>:

Description: The only good yaoi and yuri Digimon AMV I have ever seen. Period.

<b>Final Fantasy: Advent Children</b>:

Description: Not exactly yaoi, but that’s okay because it’s funny as all get out.

<b>Fullmetal Alchemist</b>:

Description: So entertaining in so many ways. Plus, it’s basically impossible to find well done Roy/Ed AMVs, so a well done trailer is the best I can hope for. ^_^;;

<b>Gravitation</b>:

Description: A great AMV depicting how Yuki Kitazawa changed Yuki’s life forever, and how Shuichi helps him afterwards. This video will make you angst like woah.

“Gravitation Complication” by Good Luck Studios

Description: The picture quality is low, and some of the timing is slightly off, but overall this video is one of the better ones that I’ve found for showing Shuichi’s side of the story. Recently, there was a remake of this made by Psycho1412, but I’m not sure if permission was given for that or not.

<b>Hikaru no Go</b>:

Description: This AMV shows how Akira feels about Hikaru. It is one of my favorite shounen-ai AMVs simply because it fits so well with how I see the series. Also, the timing is excellent.

Description: Another well-timed video that goes with the words of the song nicely. Also, there was a high fangirl factor for me in this one. ^_^*

<b>Kingdom Hearts</b>:

Description: The timing is great, but this is this member’s only AMV, and you can tell that they’re inexperienced. Still, one of the few good Riku/Sora AMV’s out there.

Description: The only good AMV I’ve found with both Riku/Sora and Axel/Roxas in it. Very slow, and of course with KH vids you can’t get rid of the subs. Extremely well done in terms o pacing and footage choice.

<b>Loveless</b>:

Description: This video starts off very differently than any other Loveless AMV I’ve seen, and from there it gets better. The effects are very well done, and the timing is great.

Description: A slow AMV that really shows how emotional the show is. Very well done.

<b>Naruto</b>:

All of the following are Sasuke/Naruto AMVs, just FYI. Some of them are not even meant to be romantic pairing AMV’s, but whatever. ^_^*

Description: This will make you cry. It’s not particularly great in terms of effects or anything, but emotional impact? Oh yeah.

Description: This one had subtitles, which normally makes me immediately dislike an AMV, but the effects and timing of this one make for it by far. Short and sweet, this AMV seems to have passed under the radar of most Sasunaru fans. Check it out if you like the pairing.

Description: Thirty seconds of unbelievable yaoi goodness. I laughed so hard I choked.

Description: The best Sasunaru AMV I’ve ever seen if you’re looking for an emotional rollercoaster. I cried the first time I saw it, and then I laughed at an unintentional joke at the end.

Description: Fuze makes awesome AMV’s, and this is no exception. This song works very well with the pairing, and the effects and timing of this AMV are outstanding.

Description: This AMV is #72 on the top 10% list as of December 16, 2006, and it deserves that spot. A slow-moving AMV that will leave you feeling emotionally raw.

Description: This AMV has great effects and timing, as well as scenes that are not usually used in Sasunaru AMV’s.

Description: Not entirely about Sasunaru, but this AMV gives a great look on how Naruto affects Sasuke. Also, the timing and effects are amazing, and when those are good, everything else just clicks for me.

Description: This AMV looks into how both of their pasts affect Sasuke and Naruto’s relationship. Very well done.

<b>Revolutionary Girl Utena</b>:

Description: Everyone should see this AMV at least once in their lives. I don’t like this pairing, but it’s just… there are no words. None at all.

<b>Saiyuki</b>:

Description: Well done, but incredibly corny. It’s Gojyo/Hakkai and Sanzo/Goku.

<b>Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle</b>:

Description: The only well done KuroFai AMV in existence so far, as far as I can tell. Seriously.

Description: I watch this AMV at least three times a day. It’s short, and everything you ever wanted from an AMV after the manga chapter 217 came out.

<b>X/1999</b>:

This section includes: <b>X/1999 (TV)</B>, <b>X (Movie)</b>, and <b>Tokyo Babylon</b>.

Description: Very mood-setting in terms of how Subaru and Seishirou’s relationship develops, and Hokuto’s involvement in the whole thing. Good song choice, even though the visuals aren’t that great when measured by the current standards.

Description: I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry during this video. I ended up doing both. If you can get over Seishirou being cast as the female lead, the song works amazingly well for this pairing.

<b>Multiple Anime</b>:

Description: Not incredibly well timed, and there’s not a lot of showy effects, but this AMV deals with the actual problems of the characters in the series, so it gets an A from me.

Description: Watch this AMV by yourself, because there is so much sex in it that you will be known as a sex offender if someone catches you with this on your screen. That was totally fair warning.

Description: The timing is good, and the footage is very accurate for the lyrics of the song. There’s also hot mansex.

Description: This video will make fangirls everywhere happy. ^_^*

Description: Angsty AMV that focuses mainly on the “bad guys” in the series.

Description: Watch this AMV when you are alone, otherwise people will laugh at your fangirl. It’s not extremely well done, but the humor value is just so high on this one.

The following AMV’s are not technically yaoi, but just very heavy on the hot guys. Which most yaoi fans would appreciate, I think. Sorry if this doesn’t belong here, but most of them have yaoi undertones anyway, so… ^_^;;

All of the following AMV’s have multiple anime series in them.

Description: Amazing. Simply amazing. Download it and love it as I have loved it – with your heart and soul.

Description: Everyone has probably seen this already, but just in case you haven’t, you should. It’s a classic for both humor and Itachi being too sexy for his hat. Which is rather obvious, when you think about it.

Description: So entertaining. I found it hysterical even though it uses some pairings that I don’t like.

Description: I’ve no idea what to say for this one. Just get it, okay? It’s funny, and you know, insert other phrases here that will convince you to download it.

Description: There’s naked guys. What more can I say? Oh, and Fai’s tattoo, jut in case you need extra convincing.

That’s all for now. This list might be updated later, depending on how much free time I find myself with. ^_^*

~kowaiyoukai

kiseki_nkoi
Org Profile

AMV

Post by kiseki_nkoi » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:56 am

:lol: enjoy my favorite AMV yaoi!!!!!!
:arrow:

Gravitation!!!!!!!!!!
It's SO pretty and cute
I love anime, manga and funny things

chibiclam
Org Profile

Post by chibiclam » Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:45 pm

This is an Earthian amv. It's a parody trailer of Charlie's Angels. The lip synching is really good. There is a part that is a tad explicit, I just skipped that part ^^;;

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:14 pm

Last edited by JaddziaDax on Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

MishaGirl
Org Profile

One Piece--> Sanji/Zoro fans?

Post by MishaGirl » Mon May 19, 2008 11:10 am

Seriously one of the best edited slash amvs I've seen, that could also be seen as cannon, AND the best Sanji/zoro vid I've found. If you know of others let me know.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Wed May 21, 2008 6:55 pm

new banzors in the making :p

anneke
Org Profile

Re: Yaoi, Slash, Shonen-ai and Alt Universe Videos

Post by anneke » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:26 pm

A little 'For Play' by the wonderful Mie'aga.

How can you not have 'Yaoi!' on the list of Yaoi videos.
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

marthwmaster
Org Profile

Re: Yaoi, Slash, Shonen-ai and Alt Universe Videos

Post by marthwmaster » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 pm

Video: Slashapalooza
Category: Comedy, Fun, Parody
Anime: Various (notably Fruits Basket, Ouran Host Club, Gravitation)
Song: OK2BGay
Artist: Tomboy
Creator: SilversLightning, Krisqo (Divine Cooking Oil Productions)

As you can see, this is more of a parody than a serious yaoi video. What I find most interesting about it, is the yaoi fangirl is actually turned into a character through the use of text comments throughout the AMV, and this causes Slashapalooza be less a parody of the anime it uses, and more a commentary on how fangirls will see what they want no matter what (since only some of the characters in the video are, in fact, gay).

My friend and I spent half a day once, scouring AMVs.org for the best video that used "OK2BGay" as the song, so that by the time we found Slashapalooza, we hated the song. Don't let our sacrifice be in vain!

Return to “Recommended AMVs”