IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.

IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:04 am

This forum is designed to be a permanent record of what people consider to be truly great videos. Recommendations should have a lot of thought put into them and have good reasons why a certain video is recommended. Do not post haphazardly and please abide by the following rules:

1. You can only post OTHER PEOPLE'S videos. Any self-pimping will be deleted.
    2. Recommended videos must be, in your experienced opinion, the best examples you can think of.
    3. You must include the following in your post:
      a) The name of the video.
      b) The name of the video creator or creators.
      c) A link to the video info page.
      d) Reasons why you think this is an excellent example in this field.
    4. This is not a discussion forum. Any posts that are not making recommendations will be removed.
    5. Please make only one post per thread. The edit button is enabled in this forum for you to add to your posts if you have any further recommendations.
    6. The video must have a local catalog entry.

Adding New Threads and any other suggestions:
The topics can only be added by admins. If you feel that there is a genre, style or popular show that would be good to have a list of recommended videos then please tell us by posting in the Site Feedback fourm.
When suggesting new topics, please list a few videos as good examples of this and clearly define what the topic is about. "Videos that rock" is not specific enough; "Romance Videos" is but you need to define in some way what a Romance Video is. We withhold the right to modify this as we see fit when making the topic.

If you have any other suggestions on how to improve this forum please let us know in Site Suggestions. If there are any mistakes, we'd like to know that too :)

[NOTE: See the VidID tag post for information on linking to videos]
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby shishlik » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:26 am

great idea
these kind of topics keep on popping up on general AMV and now have their own forum
great
i love this idea
shishlik

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby bum » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:50 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:2. Recommended videos must be, in your experienced opinion, the best examples you can think of.

So you cant just sijest a video that you think is prety good, without it being a best of anyhting?
bum

Re: IMPORTANT! Rules for Video Recommendations forum.

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:56 am

bum wrote:So you cant just sijest a video that you think is prety good, without it being a best of anyhting?

You have to suggest which ones you think are the best in that category. It doesn't have to be one, it can be a few, but they have to be among the best in your opinion.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby Darkseid » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:22 am

Was looking at the topic listings and you need a best Evangelion AMV forum too. It's practically a genre at this point. LOL
"Had I known one human's death caused you pain, I would have killed MORE... and kill more I shall!"
Darkseid

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:48 am

I gave the most used animes and the most used music their own threads.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby mexicanjunior » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:47 pm

No Best Hentai video? :cry:
mexicanjunior

Postby Castor Troy » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:05 pm

How about specific project videos?
"Vlad, you will not get my new blockbuster video. Sorry bro." - Chemix800, Hollywood Editor
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E

Postby Bote » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:47 am

I want "Dark, angsty vids of dewm"! :angry hitler:
Trippy 3D Trip
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS Image
Bote

Postby Kai Stromler » Fri Feb 18, 2005 9:33 am

Lazy and impatient, I took the path of least resistance. If there is enough interest from others I may have the confidence to apply for this as an official topic.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
IT'S TIME!
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available
Kai Stromler

Postby Warheart » Sat Feb 19, 2005 6:38 pm

Kai Stromler wrote:Lazy and impatient, I took the path of least resistance. If there is enough interest from others I may have the confidence to apply for this as an official topic.

--K

Great Idea :D
Warheart

Postby post-it » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:01 pm

great idea 8-) 8-) 8-)
post-it

Postby Bote » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:10 am

Kai Stromler wrote:Lazy and impatient, I took the path of least resistance. If there is enough interest from others I may have the confidence to apply for this as an official topic.

--K

Wow! I can't believe I haven't seen this sooner. Great job putting it all togheter Kai. :up: And of course I'd like to see it as an official topic. :)
Trippy 3D Trip
Beowulf@RDS wrote:RECTANGLES AND AFTER EFFECTS WONT SAVE YOU NOW MOTHERFUCKERS Image
Bote

Postby RolltheStampede » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:04 pm

what no fanservice category
RolltheStampede

Postby Athena » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:14 pm

Ian,

Respectfully request "80s Anime Source" section. They're hard to find, period, let alone the ones that are great. Help a friend out?
Athena
I ♥ the 80's

Next

Return to Recommended AMVs