Looking for shocking deaths in anime [spoilers]

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Warlocket
Org Profile

Post by Warlocket » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:18 pm

A couple that come to mind:
Spoiler :
Cher Degre from Wolf's Rain, or pretty much any main character from Wolf's Rain (though I mentioned her's since it happened so abruptly it was kind of a shock and she technically died helping someone else)

Saya Minatsuki from Black Cat since a lot of people who have seen that series were really unhappy that she died.

Vegita1123
Org Profile

Post by Vegita1123 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:02 am

Ah man got some good ones so far. You know I thought of Hughes but I dont have FMA on DVD and neither do any of my friends, so I might not be able to put him in the video. I totally agree with Brandon from Gungrave, thats how I felt after watching it. I thought of the deaths in shows like Wolfs Rain, and Jin-roh, but I'm looking for more of specific deaths that grabbed you rather than main characters dieing one after the other. I heard Black Cat was good but I havent watched it yet, so I'll have to check out Saya Minatsuki.

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I'll look into the ones I dont recognize, but please keep posting some more, or agree with ones already listed so that I know if they are popular ones. Heres the ones I think so far, agree, disagree, or suggest new ones.

1. Kamina from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
2. Spike from Cowboy Bebop
3. Archer from Fate/Stay Night
4. Lockon from Gundam 00
5. Brandon from Gungrave
6. Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist
7. Chidori from Ayashi no Ceres
8. Tsuitengu from Speed Grapher

I'm only going to use 5 of them so any input would be awesome. Thanks
Cosplay Project '09

Vegita1123
Org Profile

Post by Vegita1123 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:06 am

I meant I'm only going to use 5 characters in the video, it might not be from that list, cause someone might suggest something better. I'm going to use the 5 most popular
Cosplay Project '09

guardiansoulblade
Org Profile

Post by guardiansoulblade » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:35 pm

Mo Mo when she died at the hands of her own Captain Aizen in Bleach. I was NOT expecting that. Threw me for a serious loop.

Garridy
Org Profile

Post by Garridy » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:48 pm

I didn't really read the other posts because i dont like spoiling things for myself, so I'm sorry if its already been mentioned.

How about the last ep of School Days?
I love to wear absurd and totally impractical garments. What's more, I derive great pleasure from spending time with women for no apparent reason.
I'm just that kind of person. - Sousuke Sagara

BunofGovt
Org Profile

Post by BunofGovt » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:10 pm

Wolfwood in Trigun (I swear I nearly gave up watching the rest of the series, but I kept hoping it was one of those tricks and he'd come back at the end.).

Suzu Edogawa in Tactics
Spoiler :
This was a shocker for me because we find out she had died at the end of the previous episode and it's her spirit appearing in the final episode. Kantaro doesn't want to send her spirit away at first, and she doesn't leave until things are resolved between Haruka and Kantaro, and she can say goodbye.
"Didn't I say something clever earlier?"
"Dunno, I was probably asleep when you said it."

Return to “General AMV”