AMV idea should I????

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
tamashii
Org Profile

AMV idea should I????

Post by tamashii » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:31 pm

I was thinking of making my first eva video to "prison song" by system of a down, or some other song by them ( no not chop suey, there's already too much of those ). Are you people already sick of eva videos, I wanna know so I don't waste time and fuckin tear my hair out trying to impress you only to find out everyone thinks eva is over used. So please tell me in advance if I should even bother???
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

Vazor
Org Profile

Post by Vazor » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:35 pm

I'll watch your video, although I can't say I speak for the rest of the org when I say I don't care how overused an anime is, as long as the idea is good.
"Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!" -Doreen (Chrono Trigger)

Aetherfukz
Org Profile

Post by Aetherfukz » Tue Nov 26, 2002 2:54 pm

I completely second that.
I never see too much good EVA videos. I don't know the song your will be using, but if you thing you're idea could work out good, then go for it!

Peace out,
Aetherfukz

Sub0
Org Profile

Re: AMV idea should I????

Post by Sub0 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:17 pm

tamashii wrote:I was thinking of making my first eva video to "prison song" by system of a down, or some other song by them ( no not chop suey, there's already too much of those ). Are you people already sick of eva videos, I wanna know so I don't waste time and fuckin tear my hair out trying to impress you only to find out everyone thinks eva is over used. So please tell me in advance if I should even bother???
keep away from Aerials too :P

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:17 pm

I dont mean to be some dude whos always like "this is the wrong furom to put that in" but this should be in the AMV suggestion forum, shouldnt it?

and since I havent seen many Eva vids to turn me off to them, ill watch and give a review when you finish it :)

tamashii
Org Profile

yes but

Post by tamashii » Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:59 pm

Perhaps, I was waiting for some to say that, I thought the same thing. Anyway if you look at it this way this is also a question of is eva overused anime for amvs, and is system of a down overused for eva videos. Its kinda like a long time ago some asked is linkin park and dbz overused.
"Kitty Poo"
"Make me king!"

Gilthanas
Org Profile

Post by Gilthanas » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:57 pm

Both of those ideas or well over used but if you can add something that is different than the other videos than there shouldn't be much of the problem. The thing about having so many AMVs with the same idea is you start to see the same thing over and over again and there is nothing new in that. Just try to make it fun and I'm sure someone :roll: will like it.

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Re: AMV idea should I????

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:38 pm

Sub0 wrote:
tamashii wrote:I was thinking of making my first eva video to "prison song" by system of a down, or some other song by them ( no not chop suey, there's already too much of those ). Are you people already sick of eva videos, I wanna know so I don't waste time and fuckin tear my hair out trying to impress you only to find out everyone thinks eva is over used. So please tell me in advance if I should even bother???
keep away from Aerials too :P
Sounds like a good idea to me, tamshii. Ive seen many Eva vids, and i loved em all.

Goddammit!! i was gonna do a DBZ mvid to Aerials!!! BAH!!! thats just BLOODY WONDERFUL!!! o well, ill do it anyway. It was gonna be a depressing one, based around Trunks.

Vazor
Org Profile

Post by Vazor » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:42 pm

SS5_Majin_Bebi, if you want to make a vid using those two things, then you should. Don't let people tell you that you can't just because it may have been done before. Anyway, I don't think anyone that would want to watch your video (I'm sure you've noticed how high a regard people here have for DBZ) will care if the song is overused anyway.
"Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man? Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of sashimi? Never assume what you see and feel is real!" -Doreen (Chrono Trigger)

SS5_Majin_Bebi
Location: Why? So you can pretend you care? (Brisbane, Australia)
Org Profile

Post by SS5_Majin_Bebi » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:46 pm

I like the way you think! Hey have u checked out my buddy ShipPagans video yet? he was workin on it the other day. Me and him are express Mvid makers. We can have a really good one done in a few hours!! So yeah, go check it out. He has the link in "Its All About Me>New Member" Its an Evangelion video using "Tear Away" by Drowning Pool.

Return to “General AMV”