AMV to trailer that doesn't (seem to) exist?

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

AMV to trailer that doesn't (seem to) exist?

Post by Ashyukun » Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:48 pm

OK, I've got an idea/question to bounce of the rest of the community to see what you all think about it. There's a movie that has long been a favorite of my friends and I that I would love to make a trailer parody to. There's just one problem- even on the DVD release of it (relatively) recently, there wasn't a trailer for it. I'm pretty sure at some point I saw a trailer for it, but I can't find it for the life of me (suggestions as to where to find obscure trailers would be very welcome...). But, I really want to do this- so, I'm wondering- would it be fundamentally wrong to make my own trailer to the movie, and then go back and make an AMV to the trailer?
Bob 'Ash' Babcock
Electric Leech Productions

kristan-sama
Org Profile

Post by kristan-sama » Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:58 pm

i dont really think so!!! so just go for it!!! gambatte!!! :wink:
:idea: Some things I learned after watching Rurouni Kenshin:
- When in doubt, "Oro".
- Smile at your opponents-it keeps them guessing.
- Talk while you're fighting. It's like, cool!
- Never send large groups after a lone warrior. It never works.
- Screaming "Kill them! Kill them all now!" Doesn't help either.
- The longer it takes to name a hit, the more it hurts.

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:34 am

what is this movie btw if you don't mind me asking?

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Sep 18, 2002 9:46 am

You choose Sam,the rest wrote:what is this movie btw if you don't mind me asking?
It's called "Split Second", it's a B-levelish Sci-Fi/Horror movie from the early 90's starring Rutger Hauer. It's hardly high drama, but it is a complete riot at the same- there are just some great lines and sequences in it that had us rolling the first time we saw it. Our first AMV was partly because we thought that one of the lines from it would make a great intro to an AMV (and it did, at least in our opinion :wink: )
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

You choose Sam,the rest
Org Profile

Post by You choose Sam,the rest » Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:04 am

Wow and your telling me that the DVD which was release just now didn't have the trailer? Well I know first generation DVDs didn't have features at all but this is unheard of! Well I can't really help you out here. Does the director have his other movies on DVD? Im asking because you never know if his other movies could have the trailer.

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:24 am

Yeah, the DVD is pretty minimal. But then, I've seen that in some of the discs where somewhat older movies have been released on DVD- if I remember, "The Black Hole" was much the same way. The "Split Second" DVD was put out by HBO, and since I don't think they were involved in the initial production of it, they probably just ended up with the movie in a deal for something else and put it out to see if they could make some money off it. Doesn't look like the directors of it have done much else, but the writer ironically has been somewhat successful- he wrote the story for "Hollow Man" and the screen story and screenplay for "The Fast and the Furious"...
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

RichLather
Location: Lancaster, OH Position: One of the Elder Statesmen of the .org
Org Profile

Post by RichLather » Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:15 pm

Hey, I think I've seen that movie! Isn't that the one where London is flooded, there's this creepy thing lurking in the dark killing people..?

Best line I remember from it: "We need bigger guns. Bigger fucking guns!"

Ashyukun
Medicinal Leech
Org Profile

Post by Ashyukun » Wed Sep 18, 2002 8:47 pm

RichLather wrote:Hey, I think I've seen that movie! Isn't that the one where London is flooded, there's this creepy thing lurking in the dark killing people..?

Best line I remember from it: "We need bigger guns. Bigger fucking guns!"
Yup, that's the one!
Bob 'Ash' Babcock

Return to “General AMV”