good song! help me use it!

This forum is for the sharing of AMV ideas and for help finding clips in anime to use in AMVs.

good song! help me use it!

Postby Pr0crastin8r » Thu Jul 04, 2002 12:23 am

Weezer's Pixies cover of "Velouria" from the Pixies tribute album...

great song. i'm thinking hellsing, but i have a few choices... i have the dvd source for noir, hellsing, cowboy bebop, berserk, akira, jin-roh, and many more. any ideas?
Pr0crastin8r

Postby Beef » Thu Jul 04, 2002 10:02 am

I will help you after you send me all your DVD's ^_^
http://www.sakkakustudios.com - Witness the Illusion
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=16354" target="_blank" class="postlink">ORG Profile</a>
Beef

Postby Pr0crastin8r » Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:51 am

scratch that... i think i've switched to stillwater's fever dog for Hellsing... if you've seen the series you'll understand my choice :-D
Pr0crastin8r

Postby SarahtheBoring » Sat Jul 06, 2002 4:21 am

Blaaarghhh, that ripoff of "Bullet the Blue Sky"? Try U2's "Bullet the Blue Sky", it's just like Fever Dog but um, not a ripoff. :P (IMO they ripped off that song note for note, and that's the only thing I hated about that movie...)

Just a thought. ;)
SarahtheBoring

Postby Pr0crastin8r » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:17 am

thanks! i'll check it out. the movie you're talking about i assume is almost famous?
Pr0crastin8r

Postby Pr0crastin8r » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:19 am

wait... excuse my ignorance, but didn't stillwater write that song before u2 wrote their song? i'm not familiar with the dates but i thought stillwater was pre-U2.
Pr0crastin8r

Postby Pr0crastin8r » Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:45 am

bleh... i've now ditched both songs. fever dog doesn't have enough variety/lyrics, and the u2 one didn't fit the anime as well.
Pr0crastin8r

Postby SarahtheBoring » Sun Jul 07, 2002 12:11 pm

lol, Stillwater is a fictional band. ^_~ Those guys in the movie? They were actors. It's based on the director's teenage years, but it's still not real. AFAIK Stillwater is supposed to be a "typical almost-bad 70s rock-band with one hit".

Sorry I discouraged you... just having a fit of temper. It's my second favorite band being copied for use in a "typical bad 70s rock band", which gets my fannish blood pressure up. ;)

Errr. Sorry about that part then.
SarahtheBoring

Return to AMV Suggestions