I Have A Pretty Good Idea

This forum is for the sharing of AMV ideas and for help finding clips in anime to use in AMVs.

Postby The Wired Knight » Thu Sep 05, 2002 2:44 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:OK, I should probably at this point say why i slapped.

It's to do with the problem of matching a metaphorical lyric with a concrete image. Bursting into flames is supposed to be metaphorical but by putting footage of DBZ characters going all SS completely ruins the metaphor.

As for the other lyrics, they're not actually that bad - although Incubus have been used a lot (I should know I've used them too). I just think that having an idea for a video based on that one lyric is a bad thing because inevitably it's quite cheesy. It just doesn't sit right.

Forced lyrical matches are difficult things to deal with at the best of times - making a whole video around a forced lyrical match is a recipie for disaster.

I agree wth you completely. That's basically the same as if you took The Wall and actualy showed people building a wall everytime the chorus line came up. Also I just disagree with doing an AMV simply because ONE line interests you, often this leads to disaster as you realize the entire song does not fit your concept. But you know, after reading the lyrics to the song, it would actually work very well for X, you could take it either literally or metaphorically (preferably the later of the two) but it would work. Now if only I owned X...
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

Previous

Return to AMV Suggestions