silence....

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
priuscomet
Org Profile

silence....

Post by priuscomet » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:14 am

would it be so bad to create a vid with absolutly no music to it...purely based on anime clips and titles?

it wouldn't rightly fall under the category of "music video" but this idea i have just can't stay untouched. has anyone else done a vid with no music?

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:38 am

See the thread in general about originality, in particular the references to 4 minutes 33 seconds by John Cage.

leathelanime
Org Profile

Post by leathelanime » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:49 am

You mean no music at all?Even no in-anime music?That would get old after the 1st 10 seconds....

Tom the Fish
Org Profile

Post by Tom the Fish » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:55 am

It's been done, and quite well (imo).

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=7463

Tom

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:59 am

jbone wasn't inspired by my john cage video or anything *grumble grumble*

Love Mimi wo avatar, Tom-fish.

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:04 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:jbone wasn't inspired by my john cage video or anything *grumble grumble*
Who's John Cage? I can't say I know what video you're talking about.

Funny thing is, plenty of people sit all the way through "The Best of R. Dorothy Wayneright," expecting <I>something</I> to happen at <I>some</I> point, and not wanting to skip around for fear they'll miss something. :-D
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:07 am

jbone, I distinctly remember you posting on the thread where I premiered my silent video saying you were inspired to make a video. 10 days later your Dorothy video premiered.

If the old forum was up I'd link to it but it isn't...

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:12 am

Hum. Well, I don't remember that, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. :-D
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:29 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:jbone, I distinctly remember you posting on the thread where I premiered my silent video saying you were inspired to make a video. 10 days later your Dorothy video premiered.

If the old forum was up I'd link to it but it isn't...
Shocking! :shock: It's not like jbone ever takes inspiration from someone else's vids to make his own or anything. *cough*PFS*cough* :D

jbone
Org Profile

Post by jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:14 pm

Dude, MJ, I was thinking about "A Little Piece o' Heaven" for weeks before PFS came out. Your video released then was just coincidence. :-)

Return to “General AMV”