silence....

This forum is for the sharing of AMV ideas and for help finding clips in anime to use in AMVs.

silence....

Postby priuscomet » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:14 am

would it be so bad to create a vid with absolutly no music to it...purely based on anime clips and titles?

it wouldn't rightly fall under the category of "music video" but this idea i have just can't stay untouched. has anyone else done a vid with no music?
priuscomet

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 07, 2002 3:38 am

See the thread in general about originality, in particular the references to 4 minutes 33 seconds by John Cage.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby leathelanime » Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:49 am

You mean no music at all?Even no in-anime music?That would get old after the 1st 10 seconds....
leathelanime

Postby Tom the Fish » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:55 am

It's been done, and quite well (imo).

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/video.php?v=7463

Tom
Tom the Fish

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 07, 2002 10:59 am

jbone wasn't inspired by my john cage video or anything *grumble grumble*

Love Mimi wo avatar, Tom-fish.
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:04 am

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:jbone wasn't inspired by my john cage video or anything *grumble grumble*

Who's John Cage? I can't say I know what video you're talking about.

Funny thing is, plenty of people sit all the way through "The Best of R. Dorothy Wayneright," expecting <I>something</I> to happen at <I>some</I> point, and not wanting to skip around for fear they'll miss something. :-D
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."
jbone

Postby AbsoluteDestiny » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:07 am

jbone, I distinctly remember you posting on the thread where I premiered my silent video saying you were inspired to make a video. 10 days later your Dorothy video premiered.

If the old forum was up I'd link to it but it isn't...
AbsoluteDestiny

Postby jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 11:12 am

Hum. Well, I don't remember that, but it doesn't mean it didn't happen. :-D
"If someone feels the need to 'express' himself or herself with a huge graphical 'singature' that has nothing to do with anything, that person should reevaluate his or her reasons for needing said form of expression, possibly with the help of a licensed mental health practitioner."
jbone

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:29 pm

AbsoluteDestiny wrote:jbone, I distinctly remember you posting on the thread where I premiered my silent video saying you were inspired to make a video. 10 days later your Dorothy video premiered.

If the old forum was up I'd link to it but it isn't...

Shocking! :shock: It's not like jbone ever takes inspiration from someone else's vids to make his own or anything. *cough*PFS*cough* :D
mexicanjunior

Postby jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:14 pm

Dude, MJ, I was thinking about "A Little Piece o' Heaven" for weeks before PFS came out. Your video released then was just coincidence. :-)
jbone

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:03 pm

jbone wrote:Dude, MJ, I was thinking about "A Little Piece o' Heaven" for weeks before PFS came out. Your video released then was just coincidence. :-)

Sure it was.... :wink:
mexicanjunior

Postby jbone » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:21 pm

Feh.
jbone

Postby priuscomet » Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:26 pm

uh huh...

well, i'm already into like 30 secs of the vid. i've already basically planned the whole vid out. but i was just wondering what the general reaction to a music-less vid would be from those who have done a vid such as. well, imo i think the vid will turn out well and i don't think you'll get tired of it after the first 10 secs leathalanime. o_0
priuscomet

Return to AMV Suggestions