Want Suggestions For Rarely Used Songs.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
BoxingBuddeh
Org Profile

Want Suggestions For Rarely Used Songs.

Post by BoxingBuddeh » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:35 pm

I'm new to making AMV's, but i really want to try making them all new and different. So far https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCweRKy ... i-A21oVu_g those are all the AMV's that I have uploaded. I didn't find any other AMV's with the same song for the animes, although I am sure they are out there. Anyways, I would appreciate any suggestions for songs that aren't regularly used, so I can make a unique video.

Enigmo
Org Profile

Re: Want Suggestions For Rarely Used Songs.

Post by Enigmo » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:48 pm

lol why is it that big of a deal? edit whatever you like. as far as i'm concerned, even if what you create already exists, if you have no knowledge of it and do not make a single conscious reference to an existing version, then whatever you create is original. also, it's pointless to try and make "new and different" things...once you're not so bogged down by what others do, or don't do, is when you'll start naturally making things that are "new and different"
Image Image

Sephirothskr
One Winged Angel
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothskr » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm

Enigmo wrote:lol why is it that big of a deal? edit whatever you like. as far as i'm concerned, even if what you create already exists, if you have no knowledge of it and do not make a single conscious reference to an existing version, then whatever you create is original. also, it's pointless to try and make "new and different" things...once you're not so bogged down by what others do, or don't do, is when you'll start naturally making things that are "new and different"

I completely agree. I just finished prison break and that song is used like no tomorrow and it was unlike any other one with the same song.

BoxingBuddeh
Org Profile

Post by BoxingBuddeh » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Enigmo wrote:lol why is it that big of a deal? edit whatever you like. as far as i'm concerned, even if what you create already exists, if you have no knowledge of it and do not make a single conscious reference to an existing version, then whatever you create is original. also, it's pointless to try and make "new and different" things...once you're not so bogged down by what others do, or don't do, is when you'll start naturally making things that are "new and different"

It's just that while I was getting more into AMV's, I saw a few people complaining about originality and same clips/music being used, so I wanted to try making something completely different. However I think you are right that eventually all my stuff will have it's own uniqueness, so thanks. I am new to this so I don't know everything, or even much about anything yet about making AMV's, but I hope to be there one day.

BakanoKami
Org Profile

Post by BakanoKami » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:14 am

One thing to try is go through older songs. There's plenty of songs from the 80s and 90s, and earlier, that are really good but have absolutely no AMVs out there. For instance there's "In the House of Stone & Light" (which could work with various material but imho fits beautifully with Haibane Renmei). For a particularly old, relatively short song that would make an amusing AMV: It Ain't Me Babe. And there's plenty of anime out there to fit that song.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:07 pm

Is it really that difficult to find songs that haven't been used before? I mean, unless your music listening range encompasses only whatever happens to be popular on the radio at any given point, it shouldn't be hard at all to find a song that hasn't been edited with.

BoxingBuddeh
Org Profile

Post by BoxingBuddeh » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:36 pm

CrackTheSky wrote:Is it really that difficult to find songs that haven't been used before? I mean, unless your music listening range encompasses only whatever happens to be popular on the radio at any given point, it shouldn't be hard at all to find a song that hasn't been edited with.
Well actually I don't hear any of the songs I want to use really on the radio, and the one I did, there were no AMVs of it. But other songs that I want to use like Save Yourself by My Darkest Days, Undone by FFH, A Little Faster by There For Tomorrow, or Through It All by Spoken are songs that I've liked for a while but have found other really good AMVs of.

Return to “General AMV”