I need a good love song.

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
AMV//addictionist
Org Profile

I need a good love song.

Post by AMV//addictionist » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:16 am

First of all, let say that I'm sorry if I posted this on the wrong section of the forum. Though I couldn't find a better place to post this.

So... I'm in need of a good love song. The lyrics doesn't have to be about a specific kind of love or a love between 2 persons, just love in general. The song doesn't even need to be an actual love song, as long as it fits with what I stated above. But nothing TOO heavy please.

I'll be thankful for any suggestions!

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Re: I need a good love song.

Post by Kariudo » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:37 pm

This probably fits better in "AMV Suggestions", so I'll be moving it shortly.

How about...Plain White T's, "Hey There Deliliah"

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:37 pm

I don't know what your definition of heavy is so I'll just leave this here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYNYb30nxU

Maybe you could post the anime you're planning on using or the genre you're looking for so we can get a better idea of what to suggest.

tackytramp
Org Profile

Post by tackytramp » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Female or male vocalist? Happy love song, bittersweet love song, breakup song ...?

dacXlee
Org Profile

Post by dacXlee » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:45 pm

The first song about love is a Croatian song for chilren and sung by children entitled "Pobijedit će ljubav", meaning "love will win".

The Cure have got a large repertoire of usual and unusual, heavy and light, well, various love songs.
Amongst my favourites are the following: Boys Don't Cry, Friday I'm in Love (not neccesarily a love song, though, it might be about feeling fine in weekends), High, The Catterpillar, Close to Me, Just like Heaven.

The Clash have got a few cute songs too, such as Train in Vain, 1-2 Crush on You, Should I Stay or I Go.
Speaking of Clash, Strummer's previous band, the 101ners had their love hit "Keys to Your Heart".

New Model Army have got I Wish, Living in the Rose, Marrakesh (if that could be considered as a love song, the lyrics are quite unique).

Manic Street Preachers haven't really got "love songs" of their own, it was famous the thing they considered love songs as "underclass betrayal", however, maybe a few songs about love could be found on their This is My Truth album: You Stole the Sun from my Heart, Tsunami, You're Tender and You're Tired; or, before they've got famous, a few can be found on their early demo recordings, such as This Girl's got Nothing and Just Can't be Happy. The rest of their song of love are the types I don't think you are looking for.

That's it with the rocking ones, now, a few other songs of mixed genres:

Katrina and the Waves - Walking on Sunshine
Frank Sinatra - Something Stupid
MC Hammer - Have you Seen Her?
Susumu Hirasawa - Love Song (this one is about children fighting in the war, actually.... and it's not in English)
Sixpence None the Richer - Kiss Me
Daft Punk - Digital Love
Garbage - Tell Me Where it Hurts (contains light swears, though)

Most of these are mainly about love relationships or feeling in love. But the songs about love in general that I've got are probably not the ones you would have considered in this topic. Or they are simply not in English. What other languages may I offer you songs in?
100 0100 110 0001 111 0010 110 1001 110 0001

Return to “General AMV”