Death of a best friend

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Death of a best friend

Post by pacotacoshell » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Is there an anime that has two men that are best friends and one of them dies? And then the other friend that is alive spends a lot of time with the deceased's wife and family?
A good example would be [from FMA]
Spoiler :
Roy and Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist, but there aren't a lot of scenes with Roy and Hughes' wife together.
[MOD258: This thread is an amazing spoilerbait. Edited the OP message with a spoiler, please spoiler your posts and just state which anime you're talking about outside of the spoiler tag.]

Zanzaben
Org Profile

Re: Death of a best friend

Post by Zanzaben » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:15 am

A few I can think of that are kinda close to that would be
Nabari no Oh
Spoiler :
In one or two of the episodes there is whole flashback thing where it shows how Kumohira and the Miharu's dad where buddies but then dad died and that's one of the reasons that Kumohira looks after Miharu the entire show, but it would be hard I feel to get enough clips to really show Kumohira and Miharu's dad together
Guilty Crown
Spoiler :
Episode 20 was one big flashback and shows how Shu's dad was best friends with Shuichiro Keido up until Keido killed him, however there severel scenes through out the series that show Keido with Shu's mom, its more as her boss than a helping friend but they are together, and there are also clips of Keido taking care of Inori who is the reincarnation vessel for Shu's sister so Keido is trying to get her back and stuff. Guilty Crown has become a very random anime with no real consecutive plot any more but some of the scenes you want are there.
Other than that I can't really think of any thing close but there are a couple that I can think of where you could possibly edit it to make it look that that

Code Geass
Spoiler :
Between Lelouch and Suzaku, show them being all the friends that they are from the first season, Then show him dying at the end of R2 , or some other time where he is defeated, and then focus on Suzaku and Nunnally, or Suzaku and Kallen.

Tenge Toppa Gurren-Lagann
Spoiler :
Between Kamina and Simon even though they are brothers, and after Kamina dies focus on Simon and Yoko

Also you could focus around Kittan and just show clips of the Black sisters hanging out with out him in the scene for when he is suppose to be dead
Dragon Ball Z
Spoiler :
So many people die and then come back or go away for long chunks of time to train or something that I am sure you could get something out of it.

FYI:
Dragon Ball Z Kai will probably skip over most of this kind of stuff so don't look there
Zanz Bonus Points Tally
8bit_samurai: 1, CodeZTM: 1, Eake4: 2, ibabrak: 5, Mirkosp: 4, tipsd9video: 1, uncreative: 1

EkaCoralian
Org Profile

Post by EkaCoralian » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:52 am

Hm...

Eureka seveN
Spoiler :
Holland and Charles? Holland kills Charles (and before that there were flashbacks of when they were best buds as lifters and members of the military). Uhh... I guess you could count Ray as his only family, but the problem with that is she died like an episode later so the only face-to-face experience she has with Holland is when she sees Charles corpse and when Holland aims a gun at her ship when he's in his LFO. ... There's a lot of scenes with her and Charles before that, but just after... not so much. xD;

Iunno if you could make that work but thats the only idea I can come up with.

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:11 am

O: Dang, my bad. I didn't really think about that as being a spoiler at the time. -derp-
I'll definitely research all of your suggestions and see if I can use them. Thanks a lot, guys! :up:

axemgreasefire
Org Profile

Post by axemgreasefire » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:31 am

Most I can think of is the HBO Spawn series. Not an anime, but it might work.

Return to “General AMV”