AMV Demos

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
Spectral_Spiral
Org Profile

AMV Demos

Post by Spectral_Spiral » Thu May 26, 2011 8:32 pm

I've been working on non-anime video projects recently but I keep getting ideas for AMVs from all the good music I'm finding. I had the idea of creating 'demo' amvs by combining audio with the series preview/ad reel/opening credits, those previews usually have a reasonable action sequence/cross section of scenes from the series. This is just a way to help organize ideas, and maybe for inspiration to actually work on it. These demos wouldn't be good enough for this site so I'd probably post them on some other easily accessible mass video website. If I'm lucky maybe someone else will see it and decide to finish a quality amv from that idea. It would be great if others could also contribute amv suggestions in this audio/visual format in a central way.

Thoughts/Feedback?

Spectral_Spiral
Org Profile

Re: AMV Demos

Post by Spectral_Spiral » Fri May 27, 2011 7:47 am

Lets see if I can give an example of the type of thing I mean, I created a group /group/amvdemos on dailyqmotion

The video on there takes longer to watch then it took to make, its just a song slapped onto a trailer.
Link http://www.dailymotion.com/group/amvdemos

Spectral_Spiral
Org Profile

Post by Spectral_Spiral » Fri May 27, 2011 7:50 am

The video got rejected as I was posting this link, that's embarrassing...

RajinIII
Org Profile

Post by RajinIII » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:35 pm

That reminds me of what Toonami used to do for their shows. Often before and after a show would air, they would show about 10 seconds of a rhythmic beat to various short dialogue and clips complied together. They had quite a few of these demos for each show. Actually Ive seen some of these demo amvs done in that style claiming Toonami as the inspiration.

This one specifically, I think you'll like:
"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose."--Rick Warren

RajinIII
Org Profile

Post by RajinIII » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:38 pm

The link was down >_<

But I found another one so you wouldn't be left hanging. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDHB7ijXgM
"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose."--Rick Warren

Return to “General AMV”