A Space Western AMV

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
SovietJedi
Org Profile

A Space Western AMV

Post by SovietJedi » Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 pm

So, I've had this idea for a while. It'll be an AMV of some of my favorite space western anime (Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Outlaw Star) set to "Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith. I think it sounds like a pretty good idea and I don't think anyone's tried doing that yet. However, a friend of mine said that the song is way too slow for some of the faster gunfights in these anime, in other words the song may clash with the video. But I think I still want to do it. So basically, I'm asking for your opinion. Does it sound like a good idea or not?

Also, I'll be attending Otakon 2010 this year and I'd like to enter this AMV (if I make it) into their annual AMV contest. I've never competed in one before but I think my editing skills are exceptional, even if I've only very recently started making AMVs. I don't know that I'll win, but if I put alot of effort into this video I could definitely make runner-up.

Well, what do you guys think? I want to hear some good advice. And what should I expect from my very first AMV contest? :awesome: Awesome face.

Thanks in advance.

LOL BLURRY

SJCorrectet
Org Profile

Re: A Space Western AMV

Post by SJCorrectet » Sun May 16, 2010 10:35 pm

the most important thing... is listening to the recording of the music.
it makes em get a musical sense... and that's the point.. of the fast progress

Without listening to the song you mentioned, you don't have to have large sections of the piece with nothing but gunfight clips. If you have some fast action, you may do well do just insert single clips of it at the part of the measure that has the most rhythmic tension.

overall, the piece needs to be thematically coherent. So pick your gunfight scenes careful and put them in the spots of the video where they're most appropriate and contribute to the dramatic tension of the piece or whatever bullshit you're going for and then rejoice.

if you decide you want faster music, may I recommend love me like a reptile by motorhead?

SovietJedi
Org Profile

Re: A Space Western AMV

Post by SovietJedi » Mon May 17, 2010 5:22 am

Wow. That's some good advice. Thanks

LOL BLURRY

Return to “General AMV”