Winners announced?

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Winners announced?

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:51 pm

It's only March 7th for another 3 hours on the East Coast... can we expect winners/the announcement of a runoff vote soon?

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:53 pm

$10 there's a runoff vote! :roll:
ImageImage

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:55 pm

$1 that the big hats have probably had some unexpected business come up and couldn't post up the results thus far...

Whether or not there's a runoff, I don't think it makes it that much harder to announce

:roll:

Anyways, wherefore the results?
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

luctmrc
Org Profile

Post by luctmrc » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:04 pm

AGGG I'm so nervous!!! :lol::twisted::cry:

AND THE WINNER IS.......... "I'm so happy to give this to you again Clint."
"Homeric Scream" -- Homer (Simpson)

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:33 pm

...Glad I'm not the only one insanely nervous. Even if my odds are a damn sight higher than any other category, I'm still suspect to that silly human condition called 'hope'.

I'm hoping we'll see the results for everything but the runoff voting by the end of the night, but I'm betting we probably won't have anything until tommorow, earliest.

It's Murphey's law. Not only will it take longer than you think, but everyone will want it done yesterday. :lol:

dokool
Sir Gaijin Smash
Org Profile

Post by dokool » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:35 pm

Anamorphic Productions wrote:I'm hoping we'll see the results for everything but the runoff voting by the end of the night, but I'm betting we probably won't have anything until tommorow, earliest.
Check the VCA rules for the dates - If there's a runoff, all the results get delayed.

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:40 pm

dokool wrote: Check the VCA rules for the dates - If there's a runoff, all the results get delayed.
Oh, I figured that would happen, but a gal can hope. Hrm.. So, to occupy my mind- what are your predictions for the winners?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:41 pm

Well, what's keeping me on my toes is that there doesn't seem to have been much activity on the part of AD or Phade today - so I'm holding my breath to see if either of them suddenly appears on the horizon...
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:46 pm

My predictions mostly lie with the "big fish", whereas in a good half of the cases I'm actually cheering for the "little guy"; so I'm cautiously optimistic at most.

I think Whisper of the Beast will make quite a splash. I don't know if it'll get "the big one" here, but I can see it winning more than one for sure.

I do expect some personal disappointments in the less-mainstream categories though. And I'll be kinda sad one way or another for "Horror/Terror", because I've been split on it to the very end; and as much as I'd love Requiem for a Nightmare to get a VCA, I'd also very much like for Fynjy's awesome and awesomely-underrated work to be properly honored. And both of them have nominations in that category only... So I hope that at least one of them gets it.

luctmrc
Org Profile

Post by luctmrc » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:50 pm

Yea I think Million Dollar Baby's gonna get it. Scorsese's been waiting for 30 years what's one more?
"Homeric Scream" -- Homer (Simpson)

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”