Last Minute Pimping: (It said 'Shameless')

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:58 am

My own: <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... ">Ghibli's All Around The World</a>. A fairly pointless special effects for special effects sake video that deserves winning 'best dance' or 'most pointless' for the simple fact I'm an egotistical bastard and need constant awards and recognition to stave off having my ego deflate to normal size. I should just change my username to Yukino Miyazawa.

Other: Rozards <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... v=47756">I DON'T KNOW</a> just because most comedy videos have 10 seconds of material that actually makes me laugh out of 3 minutes of AMV but this one managed to have 10 seconds of material that actually made me laugh out of 15 seconds of AMV. It deserves some sort of reward since it's laugh to length ratio is so much better than damned near any other AMV around

ReannaKing
Org Profile

Post by ReannaKing » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:31 am

Ahh, sorry.

Okay, second pimp:

For romance, I nominate "The Search is Over" by Imaginos. It's a very pretty Love Hina vid, probably one of the best I've seen.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=45219

Oh, and thanks for the props on Slayers CABARET. Much appreciated. :)
I host the Anime Music Video contest at No Brand Con in Eau Claire, WI.

Get your butt over to cheeseland and show me what you've got! :D

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:52 am

How could ya forget my video? I'm, like, one of the only people who made a big annoying image advertising my vid this year ;)

Kyo's Habit!

I spent a lot of time making this video, and I'm pretty proud of it, admittedly. I think, more than any other video I've seen of the type, that it captures Kyo's soul, and the spirit and feeling of his story, better than any other video has. There was a lot of learning involved in the making of this video. It was the first video where I used a track matte, as well as many many image mattes. The video itself has technical problems which grate on my nerves a bit, but my friends and others who watch it say that they love the video anyway, and didn't really notice the problems until I pointed them out.

So yeah, if you haven't already, just bite the bullet and give it a try. If you don't, you won't be voting fairly this year, because I think this vid has, at the very least, a good chance of nomination. I would be so hyped and honored if it was.
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:55 am

Garylisk wrote:How could ya forget my video? I'm, like, one of the only people who made a big annoying image advertising my vid this year ;)

[url=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=32963]
Kyo's Habit!
I've already told you how much I enjoyed your vid. ^^ And huzzah for large, obnoxious images!

BUT READ THE FIRST POST!

Where is your other Pimp? *shakes fist* I want to see one here ASAP!

Garylisk
Org Profile

Post by Garylisk » Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:05 am

Oh yeah... EASY!

Secret Waltz by Pianos

Not only does this video shine technically, look gorgeous, synch perfectly, have a catchy song, and addictive like an illegal substance... but it NEEEEEEDS to be pimped more, since not many people have been mentioning it (Except dwchang and me)

Like, fer real... This vid *IS* AWESOME!
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Anamorphic Productions
Org Profile

Post by Anamorphic Productions » Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:02 am

Garylisk wrote:Oh yeah... EASY!

Secret Waltz by Pianos

Not only does this video shine technically, look gorgeous, synch perfectly, have a catchy song, and addictive like an illegal substance... but it NEEEEEEDS to be pimped more, since not many people have been mentioning it (Except dwchang and me)

Like, fer real... This vid *IS* AWESOME!
I'm actually sad I watched it AFTER I posted this. Secret Waltz is AMAZING, and the fact that the creator is Japanese leads to VERY little coverage. This is hands down the BEST technical video of the year, and anyone who votes against it without actually watching it deserves something.... unpleasant. ^^
This is also proably the ONLY video I've seen to use a Japanese song as a lyrical song, as opposed to treating it (subconciously) as an instrumental.
But that's another rant. ^_^

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Re: Last Minute Pimping: (It said 'Shameless')

Post by greenjinjo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:04 pm

Anamorphic Productions wrote: Reflections of a Goddess by norskotaku

An Ah My Goddess! Video that started out in this contest with five opinions. It's beautiful, and uses the source (movie) footage amazingly. While long, it's easily one of the BEST instrumental vids I've seen in a long time. And more people need to DL it! *pimp*
This video could essentially summerize the whole Goddess movie, if that was what he intended- instead, he tells his own story, and re-arranges the order of events to tell almost three seperate stories. Amazingly well timed throughout. I love this video to death.

For Best Instrumental. (If it appears under Best Sentimental or Best Artistic, I'll be voting for it there too.)
WHY WAS THIS VIDEO NOT PUT IN THE SITE AS INSTRUMENTAL :evil: The creator never put instrumental in the video categories :cry:
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:09 pm

You can click "All Videos" in the filter box so you can nominate it. Of course you have to realize that only the people who knows this video and are willing to look for it are the ones who're going to vote. :?
ImageImage

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:17 pm

angelx03 wrote:You can click "All Videos" in the filter box so you can nominate it. Of course you have to realize that only the people who knows this video and are willing to look for it are the ones who're going to vote. :?
Yeah I know you can, but I cry for the reason you state at the end :? :cry:
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Endless Pride
Org Profile

Post by Endless Pride » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:49 pm

Well I am not usually one for self-pimping.....however since there are thousands of videos this year I would like some to take a look at my action video :)

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=39254

This video has been very successful on the top 10% and I would love for even the opportunity to be nominated....

I hope you enjoy :)

Return to “VCA Shameless Promotions 2005”