Commissions/Requests

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Commissions/Requests

Postby Alternate275 » Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 am

So I don't know how much AMV directors expect for commission. But I'm starting off my offer with $20 for somebody to take my request. The story is that I (Alternate275 aka Korean Panda) am wanting to express my feelings for a friend of mine named YummiAmbi aka Amber Cannon. If anybody is interested in getting paid to do an AMV, I'm willing to pay for it! =D

Demands:

Anime: Any
Music: Any
Text (Names): Alternate275 (Korean Panda) and YummiAmbi (Amber Cannon)

Anybody interested?
Alternate275

Re: Commissions/Requests

Postby Kyssifur » Tue May 11, 2010 10:57 am

lol, first time seeing an offer like that :D
we are awesome
Kyssifur

Postby The Origonal Head Hunter » Tue May 11, 2010 12:04 pm

I believe this would cross the line into illegal territory. |:>
RonnieDaking wrote:i like my anime like I like my women, from japan and speaking english

Boredom.
The Origonal Head Hunter
The Propheteer

Postby Alternate275 » Tue May 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Is it illegal because of financial transaction? I'm paying for the service, not the product =O
Alternate275

Postby GH » Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm

The Origonal Head Hunter wrote:I believe this would cross the line into illegal territory. |:>

i'm pretty positive the creation of amvs is illegal to begin with (of course, most companies will simply ignore this and turn a blind eye when it comes to their footage being used.) ripping dvds is illegal as well which can land a hefty fine (in the US), unless they're pirated which i'm sure is considered worse. so there's not much of an argument there. if someone wants a video worth sentimental value for a friend, i don't see much wrong with it.
GH

Postby Alternate275 » Tue May 11, 2010 3:44 pm

It is just for sentimental value for my friend =/
Last edited by Alternate275 on Wed May 12, 2010 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alternate275

Postby Alternate275 » Wed May 12, 2010 7:10 am

Sorry for the double post, please delete
Alternate275

Postby Amo-Chan » Fri May 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Maybe you should find an editor whose style you like and just pm them and ask them. Tell them what you want and why. Lot's of editors take requests and are willing to make something special for someone for free. Amving for money is a bit of a no-no.
Amo-Chan

Postby kireblue » Fri May 14, 2010 12:51 pm

I think that the video would be more special if you made it yourself. Nobody knows the feelings that you want to express better than you. Right? So you're actually the most qualified person to make a video to express them. Even if you've never made a AMV before, its not very hard. You just have to be willing to try your best and keep working at it. There are plenty of guides on this site that will teach you what you don't know, and there are even more people that would be willing to help you along the way.
MomoCon AMV Exhibitions Director
Seishun Con Fan Media Director
kireblue

Postby GH » Fri May 14, 2010 3:34 pm

Amo-Chan wrote:Amving for money is a bit of a no-no.

please elaborate. if the reason is "because it's illegal", then the statement is completely contradicting the rest of the post.
Last edited by GH on Fri May 14, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GH

Postby Amo-Chan » Fri May 14, 2010 3:44 pm

insomniac wrote:

please elaborate. if the reason is "because it's illegal", then the statement is completely contradicting the rest of the post.

I don't see how since I said amvers would probably gladly make one for him for free. I suggested they ask someone to make a video for someone without paying.
Though, I think kireblue's suggestion that the original poster make their own would mean more.
Amo-Chan

Postby GH » Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 pm

Amo-Chan wrote:
insomniac wrote:

I don't see how since I said amvers would probably gladly make one for him for free. I suggested they ask someone to make a video for someone without paying.
Though, I think kireblue's suggestion that the original poster make their own would mean more.

i realize. and i'm certain editors would perhaps make one for free, and yes it's a better idea, and a self-created one is a good idea as well.

i wasn't referring to your suggestion. i was referring to what i quoted;
i was wondering about your opinions on paying for a service (not the actual product), i'm pretty positive the use of audio/video material is subject to copyright restrictions and intellectual property laws, they're not only infringing on the anime, they're also using someone else's music without permission. so before you blatantly disapprove of an idea based on your opinion, take other aspects into consideration.

i personally approve of amvs and love editing them, but it's still illegal. so why would you be a hypocrite and oppose editing for pay because it's illegal, when the actual process of doing it for free is illegal on it's own. just seems ignorant.
GH

Postby dreamawake » Fri May 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Fuck illegality. I'd do it for 20bucks, I'm broke nigga
DZ|BSP
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby GH » Fri May 14, 2010 3:58 pm

Arashinome wrote:Fuck illegality. I'd do it for 20bucks, I'm broke nigga

exactly. i'd of done it, but i'm a lazy fuck.
GH

Postby Amo-Chan » Fri May 14, 2010 4:22 pm

I didn't blatantly disapprove of editing for money. I'm all for taking money for editing, just not for editing with things I haven't obtained permission to edit and then accepting money for it. I love editing, amvs and live action, but I'd personally not take money to edit one of them. I have taken money to edit things for friends/family for various projects.
So, yeah, my basic stance on it is money for editing is fine by me. Besides, this is something that's probably been discussed over and over in various parts of the forum anyway, by more articulate people. So, sorry for my suggestion turning into a jumping point for what is most likely an endless debate. :)
Amo-Chan

Next

Return to Multi-Editor Projects