90-Track R&B MEP [Golden Era Of R&B & More Thru 13 Chapters]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Jwalk0
Org Profile

Re: 90-Editor R&B MEP

Post by Jwalk0 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:27 pm

seasons wrote:Maybe 50 editors would be more realistic?
90's possible, I wanna stick with the concept of the 90s being the best era and it's just 40 more people. Even if situations arise where I can't release this by my own expected due date I will make this idea a reality and bring it out when it's ready and everyone's part is good enough.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron
"Believe in yourself, and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." Toonami

The Lord Jesus Christ is the only way.
Image Image

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:29 pm

Kitsuner wrote:
Jwalk0 wrote:
Nya-chan Production wrote:"I have a converter that can convert any file into any aspect ratio"

I will be submitting 256x144, izzat okay?
Indeed it is.
What about 144x256?
Yessir......and thanks I needed a good laugh.
Last edited by Jwalk0 on Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Someday humankind will come to understand one another! I sincerely believe that!" Fei Fong Wong
"We live to make the impossible possible! That is our Focus!" Claire 'Lightning' Farron

Image Image

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Hey
Good luck on your project, Jwalk0
I hope you are able to achive your goal with this
I'm a big fan of R&B and would help out but i'm gonna be involved with alot of major stuff
for a while.

LOL I hope you are just joking about the frame sizes and stuff.
If not, you really need to set a main frame size or a minimum frame size for
you project like 640x480, 848x480 ect.
Now matter how awesome the videos are made in the project,
if you let people send in any frame size they want, you are
gonna run into some major quality issues.
I don't recommend accepting any lower than 640x480.
Sizes like 320x240 and lower already aren't gonna be real high
quality when played on full screen and will probably look really bad
if you stretch it to sizes like 720x480 and 1280x720 ^^;;;

Also make sure you list the codecs you are accepting finals in.
The main format used is .avi with Lagarith, Huffyuv and maybe XVID quantinizer 1 compression.
Its not a good ideal to just accept any codec or video format becuase
you will probably run into quality issues and sync issues converting some.

I think your project can work if you have the right specs listed and can hang with it
becuase it will probably take some time =)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Jwalk0
Org Profile

Post by Jwalk0 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:30 am

Moonie wrote:Hey
I'm a big fan of R&B and would help out but i'm gonna be involved with alot of major stuff
for a while.

The main format used is .avi with Lagarith, Huffyuv and maybe XVID quantinizer 1 compression.

I think your project can work if you have the right specs listed and can hang with it
The program I use has converted file sizes as small as 256x144 into bigger sizes without disruption in the quality of the clips but I do see where you're coming from since shit happens on the daily and there may be that one that doesn't look correct when stretched, I'll set my corrections for the required size. Believe me I'm dedicated to this and I expect this project to take a while to be finished so I'm willing to do all that's necessary to make this possible and do it the right way in all categories while at the same time getting to know those involved who I don't know yet, and the haters along the way will provide much motivation. Thank you very much for the info and good luck on your projects, been a fan of your work since I saw your Baby Got Back amv back in '07 and whenever you get the chance would love to have you in this.

Image Image

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:04 am

Jwalk0 wrote:
Moonie wrote:Hey
for a while.

The program I use has converted file sizes as small as 256x144 into bigger sizes without disruption in the quality of the clips but I do see where you're coming from since shit happens on the daily and there may be that one that doesn't look correct when stretched, I'll set my corrections for the required size. Believe me I'm dedicated to this and I expect this project to take a while to be finished so I'm willing to do all that's necessary to make this possible and do it the right way in all categories while at the same time getting to know those involved who I don't know yet, and the haters along the way will provide much motivation. Thank you very much for the info and good luck on your projects, been a fan of your work since I saw your Baby Got Back amv back in '07 and whenever you get the chance would love to have you in this.
Thanks! :)
Yeah, if I have time i'll definitely join in this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:34 am

I already sent you a beta jwalk but for everyone else I'm using

Anime: Paprika
Artist: Dru Hill
Song: In My Bed
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Silent
Org Profile

Post by Silent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:56 pm

jwalk im down with it man, but is this going to be a org only MEP?

Silent
Org Profile

Post by Silent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:03 pm

Scatch that, didnt read your reply to the other girl/guy but yeah i agree with seasons maybe around 60-65 would work better imo, song choices and making sure people dont over use one anime will also be hard! But im in with it and good luck man :)
Last edited by Silent on Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silent
Org Profile

Post by Silent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm

Song - One Love
Artist - Trey Songz
Anime - Mysef; Yourself
Last edited by Silent on Sun May 16, 2010 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:44 pm

JWalk I know about you and that you're a respected editor in the R&B community or rap editing community...whatever the hell you prefer to call it. And shit man, a friend of Reggie's is a friend of mine...But these technical specifications are a joke at best. If you're going to run a MEP you NEED to have an understanding of technical information, not just for the sake of putting out decent quality in the end but for the sake of assisting fellow editors when they run into problems.

Conceptually this is wonderful, but from a technical perspective you're not ready to run this project by any stretch of the imagination. The "Magic converter without quality loss" shit you mentioned in your first post is one of the most ignorant and hilarious things I've seen posted on this website in a very long time. You've really shown that you're not at ALL familiar with distribution standards on this website whatsoever either.

Common Resolutions:
640 x 480 (4:3)
848 x 480 (16:9)
1280 x 720 (16:9)

Common Frame Rates:
23.976 (NTSC Anime)
24 (NTSC Anime)
25 (PAL Anime)
29.97 (Video Game Footage)

Arashinome's post is not far off. There is no point in releasing two versions of this in different resolutions, unless the master you're working with is higher than the resolution you'd be transcoding to. For example, if the entire MEP was done in 720p or 1080p, then it would make sense to release a 1080p/720p version and an SD version (in either 848 x 480 or 640 x 480). Working with a 480p master and upsampling that shit to HD would blow the fuck out of the file size with no gain in quality. In fact, it'd probably look ugly as shit.

Regardless of tournaments or whatever you've participated in on Youtube, distribution is a really important aspect when you work on something here and it's very important that you understand just what you're working with. My personal recommendation to you would be to get 4-6 people from here to help you co-coordinate this project. Break the 90 people into groups and have each of the co-coordinators work with each of the smaller groups. You'll reduce the work strain on yourself and co-coordinators by doing this.

I can tell you right now having been here for a while, you're not going to get much response from this website with that joke of a first post you made. Set some shit in stone, figure out exactly what you want to do, hell, look at other MEP threads on this website and you'll see that you've clearly broken some taboos with this post.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: I just read through your first post again trying really hard to take it all in and figure out what the fuck you were thinking. More hilarity ensued. You're having a 90 editor project...that you're breaking into 13 segments for release. I can't wait to see 6.9 tracks per segment. Also, if you're going to release it this way, how the flying fuck is it different from a ten person MEP that you seem so opposed to? It's just LESS shit. Instead of WAITING for all say....90 fucking people to sign up, why don't you just release sequels if the first part is successful? That's like saying "Okay, we want to make the Matrix. And we just finished editing and finalizing the first one...lets wait to release it until we finish the other two." Like...what are you THINKING?

^My reaction to this thread.

Start small and if people bite, keep working on it. Keep putting out those sequel or "parts" whatever the hell you want to call them. When you get 7 people interested in this, close off registration although start taking "reserve" editors who are interested in working on the next one, and see how your fan base responds to the first one. If it's a total flop, maybe put out a second one to see if it was just a fluke and then after that don't waste peoples time, including your own.
*sips tea*

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”