X Ghosts - Project Started (OPEN)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Re: X Ghosts - Project Started

Post by Dar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:56 pm

i'm having a ton of trouble upscaling sasameki koto so i think i'm going to switch sources to 5cm per second. can you help me find a 720p version?

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Dar wrote:i'm having a ton of trouble upscaling sasameki koto so i think i'm going to switch sources to 5cm per second. can you help me find a 720p version?
Blu rays are out...

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:16 pm

mirkosp wrote:
Dar wrote:i'm having a ton of trouble upscaling sasameki koto so i think i'm going to switch sources to 5cm per second. can you help me find a 720p version?
Blu rays are out...

Not in region 1 they arent... 5 centimeters per second is out of print in r1

not to mention i dont have a bluray drive.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Dar wrote:
mirkosp wrote:
Blu rays are out...

Not in region 1 they arent... 5 centimeters per second is out of print in r1

not to mention i dont have a bluray drive.
but...the blu rays are out...

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:38 pm

^i got it dont worry lol.

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:50 pm

I'm not ExSphere. :o

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:55 pm

Emotive wrote:I'm not ExSphere. :o

i noticed that too lol...

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:15 pm

Ssssss... I'm not a fan of Shinkai animes. I think we already saw them enough times in AMVs. I don't forbid them (but I want allow you all to overuse them in the project! :P ), but I take every chance to avoid them. Especially if we could get some new fresh anime stuff into it as alternative.

So are you using Blu Rays or not? We can still continue with trying to upscale them too.

After a quick search I found some 1024x576 sources. Wouldn't be too hard for upscaleing. Oh I even found some nice 720p stuff. I hope it's not watermarked, but on the other hand we could crop and pan it out.

btw.: I know that there were external HD-DVD drives with USB. Are there also USB Blu Ray drives and are they even able to live stream over USB? I'm curious.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Vanity
Org Profile

Post by Vanity » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:59 pm

One question Bauzi.. I recall You saying that your "Being A Superstar" amv.....that the 720p version was to big for local upload....so what do you plan on doing when this project is finished?

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Bauzi wrote:
Ssssss... I'm not a fan of Shinkai animes. I think we already saw them enough times in AMVs. I don't forbid them (but I want allow you all to overuse them in the project! :P ), but I take every chance to avoid them. Especially if we could get some new fresh anime stuff into it as alternative.

So are you using Blu Rays or not? We can still continue with trying to upscale them too.

After a quick search I found some 1024x576 sources. Wouldn't be too hard for upscaleing. Oh I even found some nice 720p stuff. I hope it's not watermarked, but on the other hand we could crop and pan it out.

btw.: I know that there were external HD-DVD drives with USB. Are there also USB Blu Ray drives and are they even able to live stream over USB? I'm curious.

well the thing is, the anime hasnt been released on dvd yet. i was working with some mkv 576p fansub (softsub), but the upscale looked kinda blocky in certain places. If you can help me get sasameki koto in 720p looking decent id prefer to use it then 5cm.

if not, my track 13 part is only going to be 30 seconds long. if you can recommend something else with good scenery or interesting lighting id be willing to switch.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”