X Ghosts - Project Started (OPEN)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

X Ghosts - Project Started (OPEN)

Post by Bauzi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:32 pm

Quick link to project document:
http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=29F0C9B61
liondrive.com

...Introduction
Good evening dear fellow editors. I present you project „X Ghosts“. Please follow the project document (look below for the link) to navigate threw all the information and find what you want and need to know about this project and to be part of it. This thread is here to keep you up to date about participants, used sources and songs and to provide a short introduction. I encourage you to have a look at the whole document. This file contains all the basic information you need to know. Feel free to spread the word with this .pdf file or with a link to the project thread.

The idea of this project came when I listened once again threw a lot of great songs of the band Nine Inch Nails (NIN) and I thought about starting a project which is based on the songs of NiN's album Ghosts I-IV. This project will be a collection of tracks based on songs of this album. Thanks for all the suggestions and input in the interest gauge thread. It really helped to make a much more clear vision of how the project should be.

As said the project is based on the songs of the album Ghosts I-IV by NIN. It's a collection of 36 unique experimental songs which are all published under the Creative Commons license. This CC license makes this album avaible for free and for non commercial media work. You can download all these wonderful instrumental songs under the link profided in the chapter Music Source Download.

Note: You're also allowed to use remixes of this song from the website remix.nin.com as long as they follow the rules & guidelines in the project document.

This project will not have a fixed mix. It's simple: You pick a song of the album and you make a video track. This track will be part of a sequence (collection) of other tracks set to the same album. This project doesn't need a mix. I want people to have freedom to submit something or let it be. I also don't want to be a slave of a stare mix. Imagine somebody doesn't finish his track. The whole project relies on it and it won't be finished until this track is finished. No I really don't want this to happen. … btw.: Greetings to the Project Gateway team =P

I don't see a problem with not mixing the songs. The album is a quite round one. The songs almost have the same kind of atmosphere and characteristica and go hand in hand. The „mix“ will be in the end just the tracks with a short pause between them. Don't worry about it.

...Project Document Download
The whole information and rules of the project can be found in this .pdf file. I really don't see a reason to rewrite everything into this thread again so please download it:
http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=29F0C9B61
The file is very important.

Artworkpack for promotion:
http://www.fileshost.com/download.php?id=118FD2611

Music source (legal download):
http://www.archive.org/details/nineinch ... hosts_I_IV

...Participants

AaronAMV
Bauzi
Chez
Code
Dar
Emotive
ExSphere
Luggeriano
Soup
Zenkia
gotegenks

...Used Tracks + Used Video Sources
Song - Video source (Editor)
2 Ghosts I - Bakemonogatari (Luggeriano)
3 Ghosts I - Bakemonogatari (Luggeriano) -> 2 and 3 are one video
4 Ghosts I - A Clockwork Orange (Chez)
8 Ghosts I - Blood The Last Vampire (Zenkia)
9 Ghosts I - Neon Genesis Evangelion (AaronAMV)
10 Ghosts II - Ergo Proxy (Soup) (currently free to use)
13 Ghosts II - Sasameki Koto (Dar)
15 Ghosts II and 33 Ghosts IV - Experimental Films of the 20s and 30s (Emotive)
19 Ghosts III - Akira (ExSphere)
29 Ghosts IV - The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Bauzi)
33 Ghosts IV - USED (look at 15 Ghosts II for more info)
35 Ghosts IV - Watchmen (gotegenks)
Last edited by Bauzi on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:17 am, edited 19 times in total.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Re: X Ghosts - Project Started

Post by Enigma » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Sign me up with Ghost 10 and Ergo Proxy,Should have a beta or finished track after Christmas when i get the DVD's.

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Put me down for... I dunno, I haven't even listened to all of the tracks, but my computer is currently fucked up and I won't be able to do anything until the end of the week when my recovery disk comes. :amv:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:23 pm

Soup wrote:Sign me up with Ghost 10 and Ergo Proxy,Should have a beta or finished track after Christmas when i get the DVD's.
Thank you for joining, but I'm really sorry to tell you that this project is in 720p. I still write you into the participant list.

I point at rule of the MEP #0: Convince me. If there are enough demands for SD ressolution we will do it in SD, but personally I would love to see this done in 720p.

Personally I searched a lot for soft subs version of Ergo Proxy in HD to buy on the internet. Maybe somebody has done it already. :| I'll try to find something for you.

@Aaron:
Editor spirit ftw :amv:
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:45 pm

I'll join, but I don't know what track I'll use yet.

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:49 pm

ill join, probably will use Sasameki Koto just because i have a good sauce for h264 mkvs

for the track, im still deciding between 1 and 13 and still listening to the rest...

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:21 pm

I'm actually VERY interested in this music now that I've given it a listen to. I really like Ghosts 1, and I'd like to attempt it with Cardcaptor Sakura and their more darker episodes and do some coloring effects to make it less pink and sparkly, so it'd fit more with what I'm suspecting will be a dark video. But if you're not a fan of the source, just let me know.

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Mark me down for this. I'm on vacation right now, so i'm not gonna have my footage set up till about January.

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 pm

I am very interested into this put me down. If i can muster up some ideas i might shoot some footage for this mep.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:01 am

Bauzi wrote:Personally I searched a lot for soft subs version of Ergo Proxy in HD to buy on the internet. Maybe somebody has done it already. :| I'll try to find something for you.
Protip: ergo proxy was released on DVD only in japan from what I can see. Any and every HD release is an upscale, likely from a TV raw even - a less than perfect choice.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”