X Ghosts - Interested?

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Re: X Ghosts - Interested?

Post by Vivaldi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:19 pm

Bauzi wrote:
Vivaldi wrote: As for 60fps, it would work if you could provide a reliable way for creating interpolated frames, but I don't have or know how to use twixtor or it equivilants, I'm sure most people don't either, and I feel if we don't take it all the way it'll just be a gimmick.
I think Twixtor is a good idea. It gives the whole 60fps thingy a way better reason to be part of the MEP. I better give a look to it and write a quick tutorial/explanation for those who want to use it.
As I understand it's pretty tough to get scenes that don't come out deformed.

You also can't forget people who use vegas or somesuch, is there any kind of avisynth plugin that can do this?
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Vivaldi wrote:
Bauzi wrote:
Vivaldi wrote: As for 60fps, it would work if you could provide a reliable way for creating interpolated frames, but I don't have or know how to use twixtor or it equivilants, I'm sure most people don't either, and I feel if we don't take it all the way it'll just be a gimmick.
I think Twixtor is a good idea. It gives the whole 60fps thingy a way better reason to be part of the MEP. I better give a look to it and write a quick tutorial/explanation for those who want to use it.
As I understand it's pretty tough to get scenes that don't come out deformed.

You also can't forget people who use vegas or somesuch, is there any kind of avisynth plugin that can do this?
Vegas can go up to 60fps :roll:

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:20 pm

For me it wouldn't be a shame if some people hand in usual 30fps tracks. That's totaly fine, but some viewers won't get the reasons why the tracks are as they are, why the MEP overall is in 60fps and 60fps might seam really gimmiky.
Oh and it does it really good! I tested it one year ago (boah... Mac should really release his vid. It's already from 2007 I think :| ) with a 23.98 fps project. The speed up worked pretty good (although I can't say what's a good or a bad speed up). All the speeded up clips looked way more smooth. The viewing experience was totaly different. It almost felt unreal :|

Does anybody know the difference between Twixtor and Premiere/After Effects/Vegas interpolating frames?

I just got an idea for my track. It's with 29 Ghost IV and 60fps might get handy and good looking. I better test the look first though. :)

Oh I forgot to mention:
A song can only picked once, but you're allowed to hand in multiple tracks (one, two, three... or so). Of course you can also work together with other editors
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:11 pm

I'd take Ghost 25 with DMC4 :P

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:26 pm

Soup wrote:I'd take Ghost 25 with DMC4 :P
woot? 25 with DMC4? I can hardly imagine such a song to DMC 4 cutscenes. :| Good idea! That makes me interested into it :up:

I found out a good way to check out the whole album. Throw it into iTunes or any other player of your choice and do something else while listening to it. I played Tower Defenese (Gemcraft - Chapter Zero). There is a good chance that a song instantly catch you with an idea. That's what happened to me :)

Trent is right. This is music for day dreaming.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Enigma
That jolly ol' bastid
Org Profile

Post by Enigma » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Bauzi wrote:
Soup wrote:I'd take Ghost 25 with DMC4 :P
woot? 25 with DMC4? I can hardly imagine such a song to DMC 4 cutscenes. :| Good idea! That makes me interested into it :up:

I found out a good way to check out the whole album. Throw it into iTunes or any other player of your choice and do something else while listening to it. I played Tower Defenese (Gemcraft - Chapter Zero). There is a good chance that a song instantly catch you with an idea. That's what happened to me :)

Trent is right. This is music for day dreaming.
It is what shall make it so awesome,No one shall see it coming :ying:

Chez
Not Mexican
Org Profile

Post by Chez » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:25 pm

I am giving a listen to the tracks, but Ghosts 1 left a good impression.
Image I stream and stuff o.o

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:03 am

Soup wrote:
Vivaldi wrote: As I understand it's pretty tough to get scenes that don't come out deformed.

That's not the point, the project can be 60fps, but in the end it's just duplicating or removing frames, not creating brand new ones. (worst case scenario you get awful frame-blending). Not matter what the project is, the framerate it's animated at will be the some odd 12fps.

Doing that in vegas accomplishes about the same thing as putting changefps(60.00) in avisynth. I.e. nothing that matters.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

AaronAMV
eating that e. coli spinach
Org Profile

Post by AaronAMV » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:23 am

I am very interested, but are you requiring the 60 fps? I don't really want to speed up all my footage via avisynth and take up more room.

edit: i didn't read the thread so yeah

godix
a disturbed member
Org Profile

Post by godix » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 am

Bauzi wrote:
To quote your original post: "Not really effects needed". I got the impression the entire point isn't eye candy. If I got that wrong, then I withdraw my interest.
What do you define as eye candy?
The pointless 3d effects or shinies that exist for no reason other than making the audience go 'look at that effect!' I'm not opposed to effects, just that style of effects wouldn't work with the music. I can imagine plenty of effects that'd work well as mood pieces though. Basically, if there's going to be a fucking 3d spinning cube in this MEP then let me know right now so I won't waste my time with it.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”