The-no-excuse-for-not-joining-MEP - PHASE 3: Released!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Re: The-no-excuse-for-not-joining-MEP - PHASE 3: Released!

Post by ngsilver » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:22 am

I know for my segment I couldn't figure out how to exactly follow Kev's segment, so I decided to follow the general theme that I saw from the segments before which was basically movement. Then I was like hmm... Kev's segment is some random thing shooting lazers, why not have the movement running away from the lazers? Then I tried to sync it up to the beat with some nice jump cuts, slow downs and speed ups, but while it was still the same scene, it got a fail anyway. So I said screw it and just put the one scene I used in as my segment and called it a 2nd day (since I didn't have the time to put in as much thought as I originally did for my segment on the day I wound up having to fix it.)

No excuses there, I was just too annoyed to care after already putting in 8 hours for a 2 sec segment... and ODST was calling... :twisted:
ImageImageImageImage

JadeCharm
Org Profile

Post by JadeCharm » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm

it was fun being part of this project, but i don't like the result very much. when i decided to join this i had a different picture in my mind how it'd look like in the end.
i hope that there'll be a second No-Excuses MEP in the future with more rules and a even more impressive flowchart (if this is actually possible). and i hope that i won't miss to join it

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:18 pm

We need nothing, but a story at least ;) I like zetzu's part :D Great!
we are awesome

BaQuM
Org Profile

Post by BaQuM » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33 pm

Hey why didn't my reply appear o=<
Anyway I thought it was quite watchable. I thought it would be a complete disaster.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:49 pm

My segment was the best. That dude falling after being shot by the segment before it? pure genius. I truly am the greater amv editor there ever was.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:09 pm

NS wrote:My segment was the best. That dude falling after being shot by the segment before it? pure genius. I truly am the greater amv editor there ever was.
You gave me an idea for the next NE MEP. Each segment of video has to be a reaction or continuation of the action from the segment before it. It doesn't necessarily have to be a literally "correct" follow-up (like a guy shoots a gun in seg.1 and a massive explosion happens in seg.2, then you see zombies in seg.3, then a Michael Jackson clip, etc etc etc). It would be interesting to see what story develops, never mind how distant the beginning becomes in relation to the final clip...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”