AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - TBA)

Post by Gaelstrom » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:23 pm

Did anyone else see the Gundam parody? You mentioned you'd seen it, moonbunnychan. I think that one got a bad rap because it was on so late, I would have liked to see that one with a full room. It actuallydid something really risky that actually reversed itself! It did that 'what is this now, the 13th time she's been kidnapped?' 'yeah, they really aughta get her some bodyguards or something' like a dozen times. I was amazed, because it actually went full circle. It was sort of amusing the first time, funny the second and third, after that for three more times you're like 'we get it,' then after that it somehow got funny again. I described it to my friends as the Family Guy moment where peter trips and hurts his leg.

Either way, I liked that one quite a bit. Slow parts did exist as usual, but I'd have to say that one's pretty close to Otakudom for me. Only reason Otakudom is on another level, besides it being a classic, is because it utilized the setting so creatively.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:25 am

Ya I watched the Gundam one on...I think it was Friday night. I'd love to be able to find it again though, the sound was so bad I could barely understand a word. And despite being funny it was getting kind of...long.

And to answer your other question I did the hypnotoad. The only Geico bit that wasn't me was the Tenchi egg one (although I WISH that I could say that was mine as it was absolutely brilliant XD)

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 am

Oh hey, i was in this i think?

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 am

Dar wrote:Oh hey, i was in this i think?
I know you turned something in but I'm thinking it either was eaten by the hard drive meltdown after the second beta or it didn't make the final cut for some reason. Which clip did you submit? I'll look into it.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:46 am

Side boob hour... it was the first submission you received....

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:51 am

Yup...definitely eaten by the hard drive thing. I apologize for that. I lost a few clips to that disaster (as well as a killer AMV I was working on). I'll see if I can find it in my email / 'org archives and put it in this one. Sorry about that... :oops:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:39 am

Dar wrote:Side boob hour... it was the first submission you received....
Sorry to say, but if you dropped off the clip and then left the project alone and never checked this thread for follow-up, then this type of thing is the result. There were multiple betas, the last 2 or 3 of which came after Deuce's HD fried and we had to re-send our clips in.
ImageImageImage

Dar
yuri addict
Org Profile

Post by Dar » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:
Dar wrote:Side boob hour... it was the first submission you received....
Sorry to say, but if you dropped off the clip and then left the project alone and never checked this thread for follow-up, then this type of thing is the result. There were multiple betas, the last 2 or 3 of which came after Deuce's HD fried and we had to re-send our clips in.
I came back once, and he said he had the clip.
And my name is on the first post.
I got my stuff done early because i knew i would be busy in the future.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Watched it on megavideo. Gotta say, nice work you guys. :D

Some were good, some were great, some where ok, but overall the experience was nice. My favorite in the project had to be the one that was right before the credits with Haurhi and the harvey Birdman skit. :lol: A close second came with the Geico running commericals. xD

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:45 pm

CodeZTM wrote:Watched it on megavideo. Gotta say, nice work you guys. :D

Some were good, some were great, some where ok, but overall the experience was nice. My favorite in the project had to be the one that was right before the credits with Haurhi and the harvey Birdman skit. :lol: A close second came with the Geico running commericals. xD
Haha, thank you thank you thank you! I wasn't sure if anyone really liked it! I was so happy with that one because everything Phil says totally sounds like it could come out of Haruhi's mouth. I'm so glad you liked it. Halfway through making it I realized Koizumi may actually have been the unintentional focus, so I allowed it to go longer and it turned into a Koizumi/Haruhi joke with Kyon stuck in the middle as usual, and realized it had basically turned into the same as the anime, just a bit more ridiculous :D
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”