AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

Postby krvabo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:47 pm

haha, awesome: Zim!
Can't wait to see that one :)

Waffles~
ImageImageImage
krvabo

Postby Deuce Loosely » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:46 pm

YES, you may send clips now.
YES, they may be foreign.
YES, I got the first submission today...and it almost turned me on. :P
YES, made-for-TV movies are allowable. Just let me know what network you got it from. I'd like to watermark it like they always do nowadays (if that's acceptable).

The enthusiasm displayed already has me kinda pumped..!
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby thundercatlord » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:59 pm

Well I'm in. I may not have anything to offer up right away, as I have some epic videos of my own to work on and submit to contests. But I already have a couple of ideas.
thundercatlord

Postby Dar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 pm

deuceloosely wrote:YES, you may send clips now.
YES, they may be foreign.
YES, I got the first submission today...and it almost turned me on. :P
YES, made-for-TV movies are allowable. Just let me know what network you got it from. I'd like to watermark it like they always do nowadays (if that's acceptable).

The enthusiasm displayed already has me kinda pumped..!

...are you talking about my submission? because i sent mine today o_o

edit: ohhh i understand the comment now lol.
Dar
yuri addict

Postby KojiroShinkara » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:11 pm

I call dibs on Star Trek and on Sliders, if I can.

God knows when I'll get Vegas working again, it's giving me some problems in reinstalling, and I may need to just reinstall windows.

Also, I want to try to make something with some How I met Your Mother stuff, but that's up in the air at this point.
<I>"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em."</I>
KojiroShinkara

Postby Deuce Loosely » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:51 pm

KojiroShinkara wrote:I call dibs on Star Trek and on Sliders, if I can.

God knows when I'll get Vegas working again, it's giving me some problems in reinstalling, and I may need to just reinstall windows.

Also, I want to try to make something with some How I met Your Mother stuff, but that's up in the air at this point.

Oh, I think I know a thing or few about computer issues. :sweat: No hurry, though. May is a LONG way off from here.

And whatever you wish to do is fine. Star Trek...this oughta be good...
AMV Showdown Coordinator
Katsucon (2012-2014) - Zenkaikon (2013-present) - Anime Mid Atlantic (2011-2013) - Nekocon (2013)
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby KojiroShinkara » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:08 pm

deuceloosely wrote:
KojiroShinkara wrote:I call dibs on Star Trek and on Sliders, if I can.

Oh, I think I know a thing or few about computer issues. :sweat: No hurry, though. May is a LONG way off from here.

And whatever you wish to do is fine. Star Trek...this oughta be good...

Oh I have no clue what to do for Star Trek. Maybe Gurren Lagann would be fun, or even some more Harlock...actually, thinking about it now, Harlock is perfect, the animation even matches the period. GarKirk? Kirkgar?

Sliders I have a few ideas for, I think, involving CLAMP and their fucking always identical art style.
<I>"Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em."</I>
KojiroShinkara

Postby CodeZTM » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:54 am

If nobody else is claiming it, I have fun editing being done with scrubs. =D That and a recurring gag with South Park.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby KojiroShinkara » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:23 am

Code wrote:If nobody else is claiming it, I have fun editing being done with scrubs. =D That and a recurring gag with South Park.

Recurring South Park gag? Open to anyone as a running gag?
KojiroShinkara

Postby Deuce Loosely » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:36 am

Well, there's no real need to "claim" a show since there are SO MANY out there.And if we have more than one clip for the same show, that's fine. Of course I prefer as much variety as possible but I also won't tell anyone they can't do a certain show.

Maybe if we put a cap on how many times one show can be used it will prompt people to do others? We can try it, anyway.

While we're on the subject of capping and claiming, how about this: you MAY claim a TV theme song for your own as long as you intend on making a video for the entire version. If the very short intro (like for Scrubs) is all you can find, no problem. In fact, that might work to your advantage.

Running gag with South Park? Show me what you wanna do and we'll see how it works...
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:12 am

Wanted to ask, Deuce, does theme include songs from inside movies like animated musicals, not just the intro themes and such? I also wanted to ask if it's okay if I do some more in a similar vein as the last ones I did. Honestly many of the ones I did for this year were the ones I felt I could accomplish, this upcoming year I have more time to pull off more difficult ones, but in a similar style. Sadly, there's a Snicker's commercial I wanted to do for AMVS3 but didn't have the footage or ability until now. My clips seemed to get a very favorable response at Otakon, and I wanted to follow a similar style if that was all right. If I find a theme one that I know will land harder than the ones I have planned it'll be done first without question.

I have many ideas that have cleared my 'is it funny' filter, some better than others, I just want to check if they're okay not being theme-based. I really really want to do some of these, and I'm confident they will do pretty well at the con. If you want specifics, I can PM you with them.
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:55 am

The thing you have to ask yourself: "Will this music be immediately recognizable for the movie it's in?" More to the point, "Will they know what movie this is from?"

And if you want to do a commercial, I'm sure we'll have room enough for "words from our sponsors." Just send whatever you want and I'll let you know if it will work as is or if anything more needs done...
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Gotchya, so it's more 'recognizeable source' than musical theme then?

More specifically, I planned to do more scenes similar to the An Heero or FMAttell. Honestly I'm more inspired by coming up with obscure scene and timing connections... as my AMVS3 submissions probably have already shown :D Oddly enough some of my current plans feel to me like themes in the sense of being iconic rather than musical, so a lot of what I've got ideas for won't be outlandish alongside the general idea behind AMVS4 I don't believe. My biggest worry is I plan to use movies and comedy sketches again among other things, so I want to make sure I don't spend hours collecting footage and making things funny just to have them not go in because they're not quite a theme. A good chunk of the ones I really want to do have cussing in them too, but I consider it tasteful use. But I can tell you "Fucking Jump!" got responses beyond my wildest hopes, so I don't think the fanparody crowd really cares about cussing when used responsibly.
ImageImageImage
Gaelstrom

Postby Deuce Loosely » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

Gaelstrom:
Just show me what you got and tell me, in addition to the source, what network it came from. We'll work on things from there... :book:
AMV Showdown Coordinator
AMV Asst DH
Tekko (2014)
AMV Programming
Ichibancon (2014)
Deuce Loosely

Postby MaggIvy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm

We can do commercials right? It's on tv after all.

And umm, can we use video games? :?
MaggIvy

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects