AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
krvabo
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

Post by krvabo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:55 pm

I was told to tell that I'm in? :P

Here I am \o/

I've got 1 epic idea, and 2 'maybe'-s lined up.
And now that I think about it, I've got a good idea for something, but I hope it doesnt turn out to be too long.. Something about voice syncing a host of a television show and some clips in it.. has the potential to be awesome.
ImageImageImage

skyedream75
Org Profile

Post by skyedream75 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

I'm in! :)

InspZenigata
Org Profile

Post by InspZenigata » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:09 pm

deuceloosely wrote:I think some regulars will be returning from AMVS3 as well...
Like me! I've got like 7 different ideas just waiting to be made.

...quite literally waiting... new computer not having arrived, etc. etc. :?
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:37 pm

...aaaaaaaaand welcome back! Seeing you all here makes me happy in the...well anyway, after having gone through what I did last time I see nothing but good things this year. |:>
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:04 pm

deuceloosely wrote:...aaaaaaaaand welcome back! Seeing you all here makes me happy in the...well anyway, after having gone through what I did last time I see nothing but good things this year. |:>
Yup. When the time comes we'll just come up with a method of organizing and submitting suggestions and change requests that you are comfortable with so that each one can be copied into a document from the board or e-mails, and you'll have that document available for the editing process so it becomes an easy, organized checklist. Something along those lines will make you much happier :wink:

As for your hard drive exploding... I'll sacrifice a goat to the Western Digital Gods for you so it doesn't happen again :D
ImageImageImage

drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...
Org Profile

Post by drewaconclusion » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 pm

Maybe I'll through my hat into the ring this time around. Got to see if I come up with anything worthwhile first though.
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:34 am

drewaconclusion wrote:Maybe I'll through my hat into the ring this time around. Got to see if I come up with anything worthwhile first though.
You obviously have the skills and there's an endless wealth of material to pull from the tube. You can doo eet..!
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:21 am

Some good competition and/or inspiration comin' from the originals :D

http://amvhell.com/video.php?do=viewdetails&videoid=96

Makes me happy to see they're not completely out of the Hell business. These Minis could be interesting to see if they're being hand-selected.

Now I think I'll finally watch AMV Hell Divided by 0 for the first time... probably much to my regret...

Edit: MY EEYYYEEEESS!!! WHY CAN YOU NOT UNSEE CERTAIN THINGS!?!?!
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:11 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:Now I think I'll finally watch AMV Hell Divided by 0 for the first time... probably much to my regret...

Edit: MY EEYYYEEEESS!!! WHY CAN YOU NOT UNSEE CERTAIN THINGS!?!?!
Minis = the original AMV Hell revisited.
Divided by 0 = being offensive just because.

I'll say it again: the separation between AMVS and them continues to widen each year. We draw the line at PG-13 because usually, beyond that point, the humor starts to dry out and the focus becomes more on the sex, violence, or whatever. We're trying to be funny for a wider audience while it seems they're playing to a niche. We're working within a theme to make things interesting and I think we succeeded with AMVS3.

The point is we're not in competition with AMV Hell; never were. They inspired this project in the beginning but that's about it. Other than the concept of a series of clips comprising an entire video, we're really not following their trail anymore.

And after learning the concept behind AMV Hell / 0, I really had no interest in seeing the outcome. I should have warned you about that. :nono: :lol:

We have our own thing to do here. Moving right along,...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 pm

deuceloosely wrote:The point is we're not in competition with AMV Hell; never were. They inspired this project in the beginning but that's about it. Other than the concept of a series of clips comprising an entire video, we're really not following their trail anymore.
Now that I think about it though, we are sort of competing with them, whether intentional or not. AMVS is judged against the originals all the time by the watchers, so the competition is in the minds of many watchers one way or the other. That doesn't mean we're treating it like a competition, but we're definitely expected to outperform them in some facets. I wonder if there's a way to make the theme surround the clips and not the other way around so people aren't pigeonholed.

Hehe, and it should be said that while I am crying tears of blood, AMVHell / 0 was friggan funny :lol: Locking whatever prudishness I have in a cage for 45 minutes so I could lose it at the (sometimes very creative) jokes was very fun ^^ Now if you'll excuse me, I think my inner child went into that cage as well and is cowering... I'll get him a cookie, he should be fine.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”