AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OTAKON World Premiere - 10pm 7.31)

Post by moonbunnychan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:21 am

Lets just hope they don't randomly move us in with the other new stuff Friday. From what I can gather, schedule stuff right now is kinda fubar. I feel sorry for the Friday block because...I mean...no matter what kind of parody it is I'm sure they worked hard on it, and it's not really fair. I agree that parodies really are a late night thing, I don't think I'd want to start my Otakon with it.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:28 am

Yeah. Let's just hope that the schedule being FUBAR is actually a good thing considering that means it's not set in stone, as I'm sure there are people there who recognize that the timing is important for the fanparodies and are fighting to get it changed. I'm not sure who is making this decision, but it's rather nerve-wracking. A friend of mine made a suggestion when I mentioned this to him. Since apparently Otakon is showing more big-screen stuff, there's a possibility that it could be under more scrutiny to cover a wider audience due to the place being turned into a sort of marketting ploy with the bigger titles to up sales or something. It was just a theory, but it did make me nervous that Otakon would become like Anime Expo. I went there once and it felt like the cosplayers and guests were the ones who were hijacking a business convention rather than the other way around. People were even kept out of panels because it was industry only. I sincerely hope Otakon never becomes that. Ever. It's one key reason it trounces Anime Expo is because it exists as a celebration of Anime and Japanese Culture with elements of localization, not the other way around.
ImageImageImage

moonbunnychan
Org Profile

Post by moonbunnychan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 pm

You should go over to the Otakon Contest thread, that's pretty much exactly what everybody is saying and even the other staff people are pretty pissed.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 pm

Oh god... where is the thread located? Would you be able to link me to it?

Also, again, has dinner together just fallen through everybody?
ImageImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... =5&t=98985

The last few pages are about the scheduling.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 am

Hehe, the family guy episode was on tonight which the Death Note clip sources and for a split second I was like "Why is AMVS4 playing!? ...oh." I found myself picturing the clip instead when I walked into the kitchen ^^ Epic win.
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 am

The same kind of thing happened the other day. I had just come into the house and heard...
"Voice authorization required."
"Uhhhhh..."
"Accepted."
...from Wall-e.
I had to go into the room to make sure they weren't watching AMVS3.
Weird. :lol:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:21 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:Hehe, the family guy episode was on tonight which the Death Note clip sources and for a split second I was like "Why is AMVS4 playing!? ...oh." I found myself picturing the clip instead when I walked into the kitchen ^^ Epic win.
HAHAH. I went out onto the couch because my fiancé rolled over on me in his sleep while I was in the middle of listening to a sleep hypnosis track on my iPod.... O_o so I went out to watch TV and that episode started right when I came out. I started imagining the rest of the episode with the DN characters.... it was kind of hilarious.

BRIAN, WHERE ARE THE GRAHAM CRACKERS
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:40 pm

Heh, last night's episode where they make the club for men gave me another idea. Not sure who it would fit with just yet, but just when Joe loses it with "...this is stupid, I wanna TALK ABOUT VAGINAS!!" My first impression was that captain from Bleach with the bells coming off his hair :D Then I figured it'd be even more amusing with Ishida (think that was his name, been a while since I watched bleach). Sooo many choices for that one ^^
ImageImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Just wanted to post here in case anyone missed it, dinner thread just finalized its time and place, apparently 8 PM Thursday at 5 Guys.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 2#p1326832

Parodic Productions asked for a PM confirmation for any who can do it.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”