AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Angelyco
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (OFFICIALLY OPEN)

Post by Angelyco » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:24 pm

ADV hasn't been doing well for awhile...we used to subscribe to Anime on Demand but it got to the point where it wasn't worth the money anymore.

And Chi has that effect on people :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:54 am

deuceloosely wrote:As far as the "Where is Matt?" idea, I'm not sure how it works within a TV-based theme. I've seen the original a few times on YT so I know what you're referring to. I'd like to keep this year's theme strictly within the boundaries of what's known to be / have been on TV. Maybe you could work the Travelocity gnome into it and make a commercial? Just a thought.
And the "Where the Hell Is Matt?" is not TV-themed, but it's different and can be very amusing if done correctly with creative places where she could be dancing and thinking outside the box on how to pull it off well. It is merely an idea, one I feel could get quite good with enough input. My first inclination when the idea of TV Themes came up is to try to do something different that others doing the same thing before us didn't do in order to truly be unique since this is a well-used theme for AMVs. The reason I mentioned it rather than just doing it myself is I know I alone don't have access to much footage and only have one perspective for ideas, and figured a collaboration among the authors in terms of collecting/contributing footage ideas could have everyone involved, but simultaneously not mean it won't get done if some forget or decide not to contribute.

As for ADV... I hope that is not a trend of things to come, but I guess in reality that's the way things seem to be going unless someone intelligent finally catches on that yellow pixelated subtitles are utter crap :cry: All we wanted was quality, and most seem to be completely missing the point, so... perhaps the death of the old and a rebirth is what the industry (and world industry for that matter) is what is needed?
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:39 am

AMVS News
Well, if you wanna call it "news."

AMVS3 will make its next appearance at NekoCon the weekend of November 6. It will be led in by AMVS2 as a stark contrast to the progress this project made between episodes. Time and room location TBA.

The entire AMVS series (1-3) will be shown at AUSA the weekend of November 20. This is part of the email confirmation I received:

AMV Salad: Three-Course Meal

I admit I'm very much looking forward to this one, and that I've had a few ideas gestating in my head for AMV Hell-style clips to put into such a thing, but I lack the ability to do any videos myself. You wouldn't know anyone who might be willing to take a stab at a few extra clips, would you?

The best convention is the one you make yourself, and thank you for taking the time to make ours that good!

Makes you feel all fuzzy inside, eh? Anyway, I'll be putting in requests to Katsucon and TekkoshoCon as soon as their panel departments are open for submissions...
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:28 am

I would love it if someone could videotape the reactions ^^

Honestly, I'd love for you to go ahead and submit AMVS3 to Otakon again too, as well as AMVS4 depending on the length. The worst they can do is say 'no' and we'll still get 4 in there. I mean let's face it, it was AMVS3, DBZ Abridged, and usual suspects that ruled the fanparodies, the rest weren't very good (the Tax shorts were decent as well). I'll take a hop over to the Otakon forums and beg them to move live action fanparodies to another timeslot entirely...
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:53 am

Yo, skyedream75...you never mentioned being involved with AniMix Project. I was looking for a Kare Kano AMV someone described in vague detail and I stumbled upon this thing that had like 2000 anime and 5000 songs on it. I was compelled to download it. A part of me was saying I should turn it off but the larger part wanted to hear what song was next. I sat through the whole hour and came out the other side inspired and re-energized. Anyway, what conventions will you be attending in the future? You should say hi if I'm around again.

Okay, all...that was just me having a "Whoa, that was you?" moment. Carry on... :book:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Post by Honou_Miko » Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Late to the party as always but I AM IN. :up:
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

thundercatlord
Org Profile

Post by thundercatlord » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:36 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that I was at Kumoricon this weekend, brought a copy of AMV Salad 3 with me, and asked if it could be played with the "Off -Hours" AMVs. They agreed. The room was full, the crowd loved it. They even let out a disappointed...."aww.." when it was over. The AMV Coordinator commented that the credits were too long though.

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:42 pm

thundercatlord wrote:Just wanted to let you all know that I was at Kumoricon this weekend, brought a copy of AMV Salad 3 with me, and asked if it could be played with the "Off -Hours" AMVs. They agreed. The room was full, the crowd loved it. They even let out a disappointed...."aww.." when it was over. The AMV Coordinator commented that the credits were too long though.
Wow...way to represent for teh Salad! The credits have always been an issue. I'm gonna figure out how to speed them up a bit this episode. With so many entries to list, it may be tough to read without the use of a pause button. In relation to the total length of the project, the credits probably could use speeding up. I'll work on it, but thanks for taking it to Kumoricon! I'll add it to the list of people to harass into playing AMVS4... :up: :mrgreen:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
(2020 - 2021)

thundercatlord
Org Profile

Post by thundercatlord » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:28 am

No Problem. Someone at the showing suggested making the credits two rows instead of one, that way you get through them twice as fast.

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:24 am

The two rows sounds like it'll work, and it could be serenaded by a 1:30-2:00 long clip. They search for and find the ones they want to see quickly enough, and if not, it's downloadable. You could make a link to the org at the end and people will grab it if they missed the credits in the showing. I'll still keep pushing for doing something fun and creative and hopefully unique with the credits like in AMVS2, since I don't remember anyone being bored with those ^^

We got 'awww' at Otakon too when it ended. I still am sad I seemed to be the only one of us who was able to see it that night... I really hope you re-submit AMVS3 along with AMVS4 next year as well, Deuce. I sincerely doubt Mr. Pyson will mind much.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”