AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Angelyco
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - Nekocon)

Post by Angelyco » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:12 am

If you watched the reaction video, does that mean it's ready? I'm really anxious to see it since we had to miss the premiere.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Honou_Miko
Org Profile

Re: AMV Salad 4: TV Dinner (next stop - TBA)

Post by Honou_Miko » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:Actually I'm awaiting "large upload" permission from the org since I could only get the size to just over 160mb (mp4). That's from a mpeg2 over 2.2GB in size compressed by DivX to a 402mb AVI. I dare not try and compress further for fear of making the video quality unwatchable.
What program have you been using to compress, DivX's converter or something else to compress using the codec? I've been wanting to get my AMV Contest entry up there, but just through rendering in Vegas, it doesn't want to get under 300MB or so. :<
AKA CurryMuttonPizza

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Is there going to be an official signature banner for AMVS4 like the previous ones? I'd proudly display it if we get one :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:06 pm

All righty, all regular posters here who were involved with AMVS should have been PMed the reaction video link. If I'm forgetting anyone, please let me know here or via PM and I'll definitely get it to you.

Again, sorry about the shakiness, it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it was, but I was sooo nervous and my hands were shaking... and then I was trying to hold back my laughter as you can hear ^^ I claim 'this is mine' quietly to my friends for the Beck vid, because the friends who were joining me at Otakon this year I made a decision not to show it to them at all so that they too got to see it for the first time from the perspective of the audience. Krvabo, Angelyco, and MaggIvy all had their logos get reactions too, and 'aww's when the music ended, so now I'm all thinking it's time to give myself a logo that I DIDN'T do in the last hour on deadline night for AMVS3 :D
ImageImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Steph: I render as mpeg2 first and throw it in "VDub mpeg2" to re-encode as DivX AVI. In the case of AMVS, I have to take the extra measure of encoding again to mp4 to get as close to 100mb as possible. It's gonna affect the visual quality some but the size limit restrictions prevent me from uploading the AVI.

Angelyco: the "sig badge" is coming. I'm trying to come up with an image and text that will look okay in that little space. ;)

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna try to use the Geico "Hypnotoad" image since I think that's the one most everyone remembers. Thoughts?
Last edited by Squancho on Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:15 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:Krvabo, Angelyco, and MaggIvy all had their logos get reactions too, and 'aww's when the music ended, so now I'm all thinking it's time to give myself a logo that I DIDN'T do in the last hour on deadline night for AMVS3 :D
Logo? You mean the production tag for credits?
ImageImage
ImageImage

Gaelstrom
Org Profile

Post by Gaelstrom » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:20 pm

Angelyco wrote:
Gaelstrom wrote:Krvabo, Angelyco, and MaggIvy all had their logos get reactions too, and 'aww's when the music ended, so now I'm all thinking it's time to give myself a logo that I DIDN'T do in the last hour on deadline night for AMVS3 :D
*facepalm* Yer right, sorry... I've worked on logos too much, I just call anything representational of a business or person a logo now... my mistake.
ImageImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Deuce Loosely wrote:Angelyco: the "sig badge" is coming. I'm trying to come up with an image and text that will look okay in that little space. ;)
Just something I came up with quick, I'm bad with choosing fonts so that could be fixed if you want to use this at all. I was trying to stick with the same kind of design as the older ones:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Angelyco
Org Profile

Post by Angelyco » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 pm

Gaelstrom wrote:
Angelyco wrote:
*facepalm* Yer right, sorry... I've worked on logos too much, I just call anything representational of a business or person a logo now... my mistake.
No problem, I was just making sure I knew what you were talking about :)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Squancho
Org Profile

Post by Squancho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:34 pm

Angelyco wrote:Just something I came up with quick, I'm bad with choosing fonts so that could be fixed if you want to use this at all. I was trying to stick with the same kind of design as the older ones:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/ ... /AMVS4.jpg
Hmmm...but it does give me an idea... :twisted:
Zenkaikon
AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2013 - 2019)
Asst AMV Showdown Coordinator
(2020 - 2021)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”