Re: Project MakeCoolShit

Post by blabbler » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:57 am

mims killed it ;_;

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Kristyrat wrote: Been messing around with some caustics shit. But nothing really solid yet, and I dread trying to render out a fully animated sequence with all those lights/refractions.

Otherwise, motivation/inspiration has been a little dry. Need more prodding. Maybe if Brad would ever make something :nono:

So, new PC means new attempt at rendering some caustics. What took 8+ hours on my old one took just a little over 10 minutes. Whole render was just under 3 hours.

Kratstics?

I just tossed it together so I might make a cleaner one, basically pump up the number of photons that I can work with and just let it render overnight :P

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:58 pm

Fancy :O

I will be posting my senior project as soon as I'm finished re-rendering the scenes that messed up. Most of you that helped me with it have already seen it but I figure I might as well post it here too. I kinda forgot about this thread :o
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Way to be a shitty project coordinator.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:19 pm

So here's something I did today. Just experimenting in C4D. Only a few seconds long and no sound. It's just demo reel fodder anyway :o

Here's something I finished up earlier this month. Our school has an annual show called FAME (Fashion And Media Extravaganza). It's basically an exhibition/contest for all of the media and fashion students. The film, animation, vfx/motion graphics, and game students submit to the media show, and then the fashion students do a whole fashion show. Students are awarded for various things, you get the deal. They asked me to do the opening for the show this year. And being me, I put it off til pretty much a couple days before it was absolutely due, so I didn't get to do everything I wanted for it, but overall I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.

(Pro-tip: Rubik's cube animation is not as easy as one would think)

Still need to fix up my senior project, but I'll get that posted here eventually.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Nice stuff Brad :up:

The FAME video, had a nice concept into it, but the pictures appearing on the background looks out of place somehow ;p but the ending sequence was real sweet :up:

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:25 am

METABALLZ cool shit brad

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:19 pm

Niwa wrote:Nice stuff Brad :up:

The FAME video, had a nice concept into it, but the pictures appearing on the background looks out of place somehow ;p but the ending sequence was real sweet :up:
The pictures in the background were taken from the posters/collateral for the show itself that were done by another design student. They told me that they wanted it worked into the video somehow and that was the best I could come up with on such short notice.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:08 pm

We learned about bone structures in my Flash class today. I think this shit is pretty cool.

http://art.sierracollege.edu/aad90web/a ... robot.html
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Kitsuner wrote:We learned about bone structures in my Flash class today. I think this shit is pretty cool.

http://art.sierracollege.edu/aad90web/a ... robot.html
That's actually a pretty good exercise. You essentially made a character animation rig/skeleton. You could then replace each of these individual pieces with real graphic imagery and make it like like... oh I dunno... André was the one with the umbrella :o

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”