Mellow project [MAJOR UPDATE ON P55 \o/]

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Re: Mellow project [MAJOR UPDATE ON P55 \o/]

Postby kapparomeo » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:25 pm

I can't start immediately as I'm still waiting for a DVD to arrive in the post, but I'm considering playing track 23 around Oban Star Racers.

While it's set around a futuristic race, it's still a gentler sort with fairy-tale aesthetics - WipEout or Death Race 2000 it is not! - so it will fit the "Mellow" theme without difficulty, while a bit of movement (no dramatic crashes) will suit the faster pace of this particular track. One of the principal subplots in the show is the heroine Molly working out her issues with her estranged father, and that sort of intimate personal relationship will be the central focus of my contribution. How does that sound?
kapparomeo

Postby CodeZTM » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Every time I think I'm finally happy with my product, I end up trashing 1/4 of my timeline and feeding 2/4 of it to my Yorkie, who them vomits up 1/4 that gets trashed again. >:/

I love the opening flow, but the middle is really getting to me. XD
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Postby Dar » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:20 pm

While surfing through my old project files, i found like a bunch of tracks that i did like half of and then stopped because i didn't like what i had lol.
Dar
yuri addict

Postby Nya-chan Production » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:13 pm

kapparomeo wrote:I can't start immediately as I'm still waiting for a DVD to arrive in the post, but I'm considering playing track 23 around Oban Star Racers.

Quoted Image converted to link:
http://static.wix.com/media/45d663fe5345e86c58c01ea42c0566c9.wix_mp

While it's set around a futuristic race, it's still a gentler sort with fairy-tale aesthetics - WipEout or Death Race 2000 it is not! - so it will fit the "Mellow" theme without difficulty, while a bit of movement (no dramatic crashes) will suit the faster pace of this particular track. One of the principal subplots in the show is the heroine Molly working out her issues with her estranged father, and that sort of intimate personal relationship will be the central focus of my contribution. How does that sound?

Sounds good enough - send me a beta and I'll judge it, as I haven't seen the anime ^^

CodeZTM wrote:Every time I think I'm finally happy with my product, I end up trashing 1/4 of my timeline and feeding 2/4 of it to my Yorkie, who them vomits up 1/4 that gets trashed again. >:/

I love the opening flow, but the middle is really getting to me. XD

omnomnom :<

Dar wrote:While surfing through my old project files, i found like a bunch of tracks that i did like half of and then stopped because i didn't like what i had lol.

Yeah, it works like this XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby kapparomeo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:30 pm

What is the average length for clips that have been submitted so far? I don't want to disrupt the pacing of the video by creating something wildly divergent from the norm throughout the rest of it.
kapparomeo

Postby Niwa » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:13 pm

Nya D= I'm out of Aeka pics... is there any way you can cut down the song?
Niwa
Cake Addiction

Postby Nya-chan Production » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:32 pm

kapparomeo wrote:What is the average length for clips that have been submitted so far? I don't want to disrupt the pacing of the video by creating something wildly divergent from the norm throughout the rest of it.

You mean the clips within the part? Hmmm - can you just send a short beta in and I'll take a look and compare? It's hard to generalize ^^;;;

Niwa wrote:Nya D= I'm out of Aeka pics... is there any way you can cut down the song?

Nope. You can do it! ^^

(MOAR FADING!)
Nya-chan Production

Postby kapparomeo » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:35 pm

Sorry, Nya-chan, I meant the length of an entire part - I've no objections to using the full track, but if I compose a four-minute epic whilst everyone else has turned in more laconic sections only a minute long, it might stick out awkwardly. You've the final call as the director though, of course, and if you don't think it matters I'll go ahead now.
kapparomeo

Postby mirkosp » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:38 pm

My part was like 2.50 of almost-static image pans... anything will do.
mirkosp
MODkip

Postby Nya-chan Production » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:32 pm

kapparomeo wrote:Sorry, Nya-chan, I meant the length of an entire part - I've no objections to using the full track, but if I compose a four-minute epic whilst everyone else has turned in more laconic sections only a minute long, it might stick out awkwardly. You've the final call as the director though, of course, and if you don't think it matters I'll go ahead now.

Go ahead and we'll see :+)
Nya-chan Production

Postby Emotive » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 am

Earth track, how did I miss this? If I can think of a proper anime I could be interested. Unless live action's allowed? |:
Emotive
...the Meditant

Postby Nya-chan Production » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Nope, sorry, but (as much hand-drawn-like as possible) anime only ^^;;
Nya-chan Production

Postby kapparomeo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Just providing a status update - work is ongoing on my clip. I decided to make it last the full length of the track in the end, and I'm about halfway through. I hope to have a beta ready by the end of the week.
kapparomeo

Postby Nya-chan Production » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:17 pm

Great! ^^
Nya-chan Production

Postby kapparomeo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:30 am

Hey, as it happens making AMVs is a great way to procrastinate, so you can find a version in your PM inbox today, Nya-chan!
kapparomeo

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects