Click for full (3MB!) version.
This is the project, which will make you fall asleep, be it by its speed or by the final itself.
Enough of the small talk, let's get working!
Some rules -
- all pieces will be judged by me. It might happen that I accept first beta and I throw it back to you for redoing on the second. But, I'll state the reasons. You might discuss then (though it might not lead anywhere for you). So, yeah, I am pretty harsh. You have been warned.
- it's mellow and slow. Action pieces will be thrown out. Funny pieces that make you smile kindly will be left, pieces that make you laugh out loud all the time will be thrown out. Upbeat pieces will be probably thrown out. Grunge pieces, emo pieces and such will be probably thrown out. Romance and sad things will be probably thrown out. Etc.
Basically - if you make a piece, where one can just turn his/her brain off and watch it calmly few minutes, it'll probably be accepted. You can get a story in. It just has to not be extremely sad, funny, action, etc. In a way, quite the opposite of our usual AMV trying to catch attention.
- the time for every piece will be about 0:45 - 3:00. The upper limit isn't necessary, but it shouldn't go over 5:00, really. The lower limit is much more strict. You shouldn't rush it.
- there will be limit of one anime per this MEP, first comes, first served. You can use more sources (though I don't really see why) and in that case we'll solve the allowance for those titles to be used again in the PMs.
- if you are in, you can and have to reserve some person from the banner, first come, first served. Creative time. Cats allowed as well. (You can just describe the person if you don't know the name).
Editor/anime/music/complete list so far:
Sketchbook ~full color'S~
Thomas Newman - Dead Already
Mae - Tisbury Lane
Full beta obtained
Kannazuki no Miko, Strawberry Panic
The Cure - Lullaby
The Origonal Head Hunter:
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Ahmad Jamal - Suicide is Painless
Origin~ Spirits of the Past
Porcupine Tree - Lazarus
Porcupine Tree - Sleep Together
J. S. Bach - Goldberg Variations
Elkysia - You Make Me Love
Serial Experiments Lain
Ulver - Silence teaches you how to sing
ef - a tale of melodies/ef - a tale of memories
RESOUND.WAV feat. Hatsune Miku - Nagisa
Minus the Bear - Double Vision Quest
Yume Miru Kusuri (Visual Novel)
Osamu Murata - Nozomi's Confession
Robert Fripp - 1988
Changing My Life - Eternal Snow
DJ Tiesto - In The Dark
.hack//SIGN + .hack//ROOTS
Rika Muranaka - The Best Is Yet To Come
Darker than BLACK
Counting Crows - Walkaways
Earth - The Dire and Ever Circling Wolves
The Smiths - Stretch Out and Wait
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien
Mats Hedström - Heart Roulette
Full beta obtained
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World
Coldplay - Life in Technicolor
Ayumi Hamasaki - Everlasting Dream
Klutz - Good Times
Fase - El Silencio
Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~ (?) + Asatte no Houkou (?) + Shigofumi + various
Kiyoura Natsumi - Kaze Sagashi -Instrumental- /might change/
Whole mix in 192kbps mp3
Current stage: EDITING!
Two people can work on the video transition and it's highly reccommended. You have to tell me and then you'll have to work together, probably sending each other your border parts and altering them. If it makes better result, go for it. The person who will mainly be held responsible for the transition is the one in whose audio part it lies.
The deadline for the final beta is on 30th of June 2009, with slight extension possible if you ask or if you try to cooperate with the tracks around you.
- AR: 848x480
- Pixel AR: 1 (Square)
- Framerate: 29.97
-- Betas: Anything. Prefered are h264 .mp4s
-- Finals: Lagarith (YV12) or huffyuv. Lagarith is slightly prefered.
- Sources: In this MEP, you can use anything, but there's a high possibility that Live Action, Hentai, 3-D animation (FF included) and overused titles will fail with me, so if you go with them, you'll have to make something really extraordinaire.
- Quality DVD or High Quality RAW only
- Deinterlace your footage. You don't have to process it, but it's advised - I won't be doing much afterprocessing, so the state of your final will be practically the same as it will be seen in the MEP final.
If you have questions - ASK!