Sum 41 MEP (All Tracks Filled)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
EvaFan
Org Profile

Re: Sum 41 MEP (All Tracks Filled)

Post by EvaFan » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Kazemon15 wrote:And why havent I been getting emails about people posting in this thread? <<
Pretty sure it's still broken: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=100176

I don't get them for PM's either.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Hey all, I'm still here...or should I say I'm back again. I'm embarrassed to have neglected this thread for so long but I have a tendency to be afraid to read the thread after I haven't looked for over a week and time flew by faster than I thought. -_- My 2nd job kicked up to overtime in the couple months before AX (not to mention I wanted to finish an AMV for the AX contest) and I really had no time to put into this. After, I wanted to relax...and I have relaxed too long in more than one thing. I formally apologize again because I know I've done this before. I would really love to get this MEP out for everyone to enjoy and I know people have spent a lot of time on their tracks, so it would be stupid not to get this together.

I'm back for this. I WILL talk to Kazemon about getting some hard deadlines set up. I WILL get a (hopefully decent because I suck) track together for you guys to see and I WILL get this finished. As I've said before, any help would be greatly appreciated, especially for the transitions and opening/credits.

Thanks for still caring guys. This will probably be the only MEP I run as I can see I'm not fit for the position. Thanks for putting up with me.

If you ever need to contact me, I answer all of my PM's and will more than likely be available if I'm on AIM on 'X NightlHlawk X'. Yell at me all you want, I will understand. lol
ImageImage
ImageImage

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:51 am

NightHawk wrote:I WILL get a (hopefully decent because I suck) track together for you guys to see and I WILL get this finished. As I've said before, any help would be greatly appreciated, especially for the transitions and opening/credits.
I don't want to hear this from the guy who made "Be a Man" :awesome: . I'll try and think of something for an intro but really you shouldn't worry to much about the intro or credits. You don't have to make something amazing for them. The credits can be as simple as text with video from the tracks next to it. Intro could use something from live performances or actual music videos. Anyway just saying don't stress over it.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I still have my final here ready to go....raaaw

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:56 pm

I will try to upload another beta soon (a few days later), I'm just having a bit trouble with the syncing at the fast part at the beginning, and AE is getting on my nerves, but I'm trying :amv:

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:13 am

Second beta uploaded :amv: tell me how to imporve that AE part, cuz it's not really good like this, but I don't know how to make it better, maybe I should add some masks, I don't know :') the mask at 0:2 is still in progress, and at least I tried to match the scenes with the lyrics :lol:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:40 am

IDK, I didn't really have any complaints about the AE part for looks, I liked the motion in it. My only complaint if any is the repetitive fade scene switching from 0:18-end. Try to find like shapes/figures/motions between clips and just hard cut or screen pushes/fx/etc like you did from start-:09 (that's still my favorite part). Though some of stuff in the very beginning looks like stop motion without the blending now cause you slowed it down alot. Sorry If I'm discouraging you from editing it but just saying what I see. I like the track for the most part as a whole though so far :up: .

Edit: A good way to fix parts where you want to slow down if there is no movement from characters but you like the motion in it. You can zoom the image a bit and just pan it to simulate the motion by yourself. If you don't understand what I mean PM me and I'll try to explain it. I'm mostly talking about the clip at :01, that one that has breaky motion. You could probably just export it as a image and zoom it then have it pan/move across the screen a bit instead of trying to use the clips motion slowed down.

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:59 am

EvaFan wrote:IDK, I didn't really have any complaints about the AE part for looks
Hmm okay then 8D
EvaFan wrote:My only complaint if any is the repetitive fade scene switching from 0:18-end.Though some of stuff in the very beginning looks like stop motion without the blending now cause you slowed it down alot.
Okay I have changed it, I think I'll PM you to see if it's good like that. Also, I slowed it down because of the lip flap, but I have changed it now.
EvaFan wrote:Sorry If I'm discouraging you from editing it but just saying what I see. I like the track for the most part as a whole though so far :up: .
loooool xD that's not discouraging me, that actually made me calm down, cuz I was nervous what would people think of it, and I was happy to see your post :D Thank you really, it helped me :D

EvaFan wrote:Edit: A good way to fix parts where you want to slow down if there is no movement from characters but you like the motion in it. You can zoom the image a bit and just pan it to simulate the motion by yourself. If you don't understand what I mean PM me and I'll try to explain it. I'm mostly talking about the clip at :01, that one that has breaky motion. You could probably just export it as a image and zoom it then have it pan/move across the screen a bit instead of trying to use the clips motion slowed down.
I think I understand this, and I tried changing on that part, let's see if I managed to do it as you said :awesome:

MystykAMV
Org Profile

Post by MystykAMV » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm

Beta 3 is uploaded, it's not finished yet, but better than nothing, I will change some things though, the masks are too quick from about 0:29, and it's quite messy there, but I don't know what should I do with it, but oh well, I hope to get more opinions, criticism this time :amv:

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm getting your beta now, will update this post with thoughts.

Edit: I actually don't think I have any thoughts right now.. I'll let you know if I think of anything.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”