Project Gateway

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Sun May 25, 2008 2:07 pm

guy07 wrote:Hey, here's a good joke: How long does it take 12 idiots to make a crappy 6 minute mep?
more than 2160 posts....

Copycat_Revolver
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by Copycat_Revolver » Thu May 29, 2008 7:57 am

Oh, happy birthday you crazy MEP.

Why it seems like just yesterday when I first heard the announcement of Project Gateway. I was just a boy then, bright eyed and hopeful that maybe someday I, too, could join such a project, vague concept be damned.

Yes, the Great Depression was nearing its end and Project Gateway seemed like a ray of hope to all of those desolate souls. FDR, just starting his fourth term (of six), gave his official approval, and the editors assembled.
See, back then you just had to edit with reel-to-reels and since there was no proper, reliable way to record the audio for playback, a full band had to follow each editor around all day long, constantly repeating the same song into infinity.

As you all know, the line-up was ever changing, much like the Temptations, who would come many, many years later. In fact there were times when an editor would be accepted into the inner circle and before he could even take off his hat and say thanks...he'd keel over. Dead from the plague. Yes, the plague claimed the lives of many would-be editors. In fact, almost as many editors died of the plague as those that were gored to death by wild boars. Aye, they were tough times, but I still dreamed of the day when I would join their ranks while I worked my days away as a bootblack.

There were so many admirable men and woman that passed through their ranks, and then didn't edit, and then left their ranks. But they were not the only ones attracted to the ever-vague "Project Gateway."

Let us not forget the lurkers, a legion of unsettlingly watchful fans who are so avid in their appreciation of all things Gateway that they are even reading THESE VERY WORDS RIGHT NOW...

The lurkers first started out as a gang of cannibalistic drifters who would follow the editors around and pick off members of their personal band, then dragging them away to devour them, leaving nothing but a blood-stained percussion instrument. In later years they evolved into a gentler collection of fans who simply enjoy watching the meandering (and often gay) antics of the editors. They've become a much more sophisticated support system for the project and to this day they almost never eat any of the editors.

Who can deny the great advances that Project Gateway has accomplished over the years? Unless that person has a firm grasp on their cognitive abilities, in which case it is clear that it is little more than a cluster f*ck on a grand scale. But an entertaining one, no?

Here's to you Gateway, and here's to 120+ more years of putting off doing all that damn sync to the drumbeats.

And when the great zombie war comes, I know in my heart that I have the support of a wonderful group of people who will most certainly...well, maybe won't immediately sell me out for my vast stock of canned foods and ammunition I've stored for just such an occasion.

So to all of you: Onward, to the future!
And please, remove the pulp.

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Thu May 29, 2008 9:42 am

Copycat_Revolver wrote:The lurkers first started out as a gang of cannibalistic drifters who would follow the editors around and pick off members of their personal band, then dragging them away to devour them, leaving nothing but a blood-stained percussion instrument. In later years they evolved into a gentler collection of fans who simply enjoy watching the meandering (and often gay) antics of the editors. They've become a much more sophisticated support system for the project and to this day they almost never eat any of the editors.
:lol:

Happy Birthday Gateway! :o

For the Record: Copycat... you rule... and I would eat you now if I weren't busy *makes cannibalistic sounds*

:P
ImageImage

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu May 29, 2008 10:00 am

omegaevolution wrote:
Copycat_Revolver wrote:The lurkers first started out as a gang of cannibalistic drifters who would follow the editors around and pick off members of their personal band, then dragging them away to devour them, leaving nothing but a blood-stained percussion instrument. In later years they evolved into a gentler collection of fans who simply enjoy watching the meandering (and often gay) antics of the editors. They've become a much more sophisticated support system for the project and to this day they almost never eat any of the editors.

For the Record: Copycat... you rule... and I would eat you now if I weren't busy *makes cannibalistic sounds*

so...

...how exactly do cannibalistic sounds sound? o_o

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Thu May 29, 2008 10:59 am

*crunch crunch crunch* *cannibalize cannibalize cannibalize* *nom nom nom*

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu May 29, 2008 11:44 am

*runs away*

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Thu May 29, 2008 1:42 pm

Kevmaster wrote:
omegaevolution wrote:

so...

...how exactly do cannibalistic sounds sound? o_o
like Ghet said O:

but you should know that, remember? you are a lurker, meaning you are/were a cannibalist

or something :o

*chases sex master Niwa to eat him*

my god, that sounded so wrong...
ImageImage

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu May 29, 2008 2:03 pm

Omega..all this cannibal stuff plus your avatar is really freaking me out.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu May 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Happy birthday little slut!

and good post Adamn. No not really. It´s an awesome post.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu May 29, 2008 7:20 pm

Niwa-kun wrote:*runs into Ben's and WC's open arms and makes a Ben-Niwa-Wc sammich*
fix'd

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”