The Undercover MEP [closed]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:49 pm

I don't like all these people using betas they already started like a year ago XD. i mean if you update em it's fine, just don't slack off on meh

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 11:58 pm

NerdStrudel wrote:I don't like all these people using betas they already started like a year ago XD. i mean if you update em it's fine, just don't slack off on meh
well this beta is from 2005, and the only reason I never finished it is because my dvd rips got deleted, as well as the project file and the good version of the video... but i would like to redo what I had... its up to you tho...

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:07 am

Oh, it's fine, I'm just saying XD

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:56 am

UUUUUUUUUUUNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

Dr. Derpface, J.D.
Org Profile

Post by Dr. Derpface, J.D. » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:08 am

A few issues I see with the technical aspects.
1) Framerate- 29.97
3) HIGH QUALITY FOOTAGE ONLY!!!!!!
4) De- interlace your final and betas plz
Quite simply, these three do not mix. If you de-interlace without decimating the framerate to 23.98 (i.e. film), you will not get the requirements for item #3. This is because decimating actually REMOVES the interlaced frames, while just de-interlacing either blends frames together (ghosting) or drops the resolution on the interlaced frames and upscales them back to match the rest (artifacting).
6) Final in .AVI Uncompressed.
Do you have ANY clue how much space that would take up? Uncompressed = every bit stored for every pixel of every frame.

640x480 = 307,200 pixels per frame

24 bits/pixel = 7,372,800 bits = 921,600 bytes = 900kb per frame

29.97fps * 900kb/frame = 26.34 megabytes PER SECOND.

So with these figures, 1:00 of video would be 1,580 megabytes (1.54 gigabytes), and 1:45 would be 2,765 megabytes (2.7 gigabytes). And that's not taking audio into account.

Using lossless compression (such as Huffy) would reduce this greatly, but you're still looking at up to 900 megabytes or so PER SEGMENT. Keep in mind that most non-dedicated editing systems don't have drives that can feed that kind of data in realtime when editing...
Tinnitus

<Fire_Starter> Stirspeare: college=failsauce?
<Stirspeare> Fire_Starter: Electoral college etc.

"Then you weeaboo faggots need to stop thinking that Japan is ZOMG awsmsauce where all ur waifu dreams come true."
-Kionon / Athena - January 12, 2010

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:42 am

NerdStrudel wrote:Yah the only part I kinda don't like is after the "Undercover MEP" where the eyes blink again, I wanted em to kinda close slowly, but still like it.
Well, I said in the pm that i'd change it if you wanted. :P (Though not right now, b/c I've been drinking a lot of rum, and I'm not sure how it would turn out. :D)
NerdStrudel wrote:I don't like all these people using betas they already started like a year ago XD. i mean if you update em it's fine, just don't slack off on meh
Still not sure how much I've done of it. . since I never got a chance to check before family summoned me off to drunken game night. WHEEEEE!!!! :D But I can assure you, its probably not enough that I could turn in even for a beta w/o doing something to it. *^_^*
ImageImage

dbz0gohan0dbz
Org Profile

Post by dbz0gohan0dbz » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:33 am

Fire_Starter1982 wrote:
So with these figures, 1:00 of video would be 1,580 megabytes (1.54 gigabytes), and 1:45 would be 2,765 megabytes (2.7 gigabytes). And that's not taking audio into account.

Using lossless compression (such as Huffy) would reduce this greatly, but you're still looking at up to 900 megabytes or so PER SEGMENT. Keep in mind that most non-dedicated editing systems don't have drives that can feed that kind of data in realtime when editing...
hmm... i saved my ill nino MEP uncompressed and had 1.98GB and only 50 secs of work.... but ehh... i agree with you uncompressed is waaaayy to much
Last edited by dbz0gohan0dbz on Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
</a>Image

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:58 am

dbz0gohan0dbz wrote:
Fire_Starter1982 wrote:

hmm... i saved my ill nino MEP uncompressed and had 1.98GB and only 50 secs of work.... but ehh... i agree with you uncompressed is waaaayy to much
If he'd give me his adress I'd save the uncompressed ona dvd and send it to him per mail :lol: cause theres no way for me to upload a uncompressed with my upload speed of 6 or 7 kb

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:50 am

Fire_Starter1982 wrote:A few issues I see with the technical aspects.
1) Framerate- 29.97
3) HIGH QUALITY FOOTAGE ONLY!!!!!!
4) De- interlace your final and betas plz
Quite simply, these three do not mix. If you de-interlace without decimating the framerate to 23.98 (i.e. film), you will not get the requirements for item #3. This is because decimating actually REMOVES the interlaced frames, while just de-interlacing either blends frames together (ghosting) or drops the resolution on the interlaced frames and upscales them back to match the rest (artifacting).
6) Final in .AVI Uncompressed.
Do you have ANY clue how much space that would take up? Uncompressed = every bit stored for every pixel of every frame.

640x480 = 307,200 pixels per frame

24 bits/pixel = 7,372,800 bits = 921,600 bytes = 900kb per frame

29.97fps * 900kb/frame = 26.34 megabytes PER SECOND.

To be honest, I didn't/don't really know about the technical shit, so if you could help me with better technical guidlines to have that would be great

dbz0gohan0dbz
Org Profile

Post by dbz0gohan0dbz » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:21 am

NerdStrudel wrote:
To be honest, I didn't/don't really know about the technical shit, so if you could help me with better technical guidlines to have that would be great
hmmm.. i think 23 fps and huffy 640x480 ...
</a>Image

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”