Project AYUMIX 2 - Release!

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Project AYUMIX 2 - Release!

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:19 pm

It's out!
Here's the release thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=84770

Good job to everybody involved!

For more information on what the Ayumix Project is, check out the official website at http://www.projectayumix.com and the first ayumix Project already released on this site.

Deadline for Betas: July 8th 2007
This is mostly a make sure your working on it, and see what your general direction in concept will be thing. At least 10 seconds of actual edits should be done at this point.

The full Beta for AWA is released on the ayumix forums, Please confirm your tracks are synced properly and that your happy with the transitions used and the conversions to widescreen.

THe forums are now up on the ayumix project website. You can access it here:
http://www.projectayumix.com/forums/

I'll need all members to signup AND then PM me their chosen usernames so I can grant you access to the hidden Beta exchange forum.

Final Deadline: September 3rd, 2007.
I'm working to get this premiered at AWA and possibly Manifest this year, so this has to be final. I might be able to make leeway of a few days, but I will need time for organizing and assembly. If you are not dedicated to getting this done by this time, give up your track to someone that will. I am sure there are people that will be glad to take it ;p

The FINAL final (post-AWA) deadline is October 8th.
Please make your final tweaks and submit it by then.

The Mix:
http://www.projectayumix.com/download/a ... nalmix.mp3

Auditions:

Auditions are closed. If a segment opens up, first the backup editors will be contacted, then if that is exausted, it will be listed as unclaimed here, and anyone else can then join in.

And now for the results of the auditions. This was a very difficult selection process for me compared to Ayumix1. Some good editors had to be cut simply because there was too many editors and not enough tracks. I tried to assign tracks based on editor style and skill, and the direction I want the project to go in. I also tried to vary the editors so that the project will have a mixed flavor and not too many similar styles.

If you did not get a part, it does not mean I think you suck ;p There are a few editors I wanted to give parts to, but just thought the other persons style better fit that particular piece. Try again next year, as every time I do this, I try to get new people in.

The Segments and their editors:

00:00-00:26 - Introduction - Bakadeshi/Infinity_squared (Idea is somewhat elaborate involving CCS and blender)

(We Wish - Ramon Zenker remix)
00:27-01:23 - Segment A 0:56 Jaddziadax (Last exile)
01:24-02:31 - Segment B 1:07 SacredArrow18 (Shakugan no Shanna)

(Fairyland Remix)
02:32-03:33 - Segment C 1:01 Jasper-isis (heat guy J & KH)
03:34-04:12 - Segment D 0:38 jade-eyed-angel (Fullmoon wo Sagashite)
04:13-05:14 - Segment E 1:01 unlimited Rice (Gad guard?)

(Blue Bird 'harderground remix')
05:15-06:28 - Segment F 1:13 Narutobattousai (Black Cat)
06:29-07:21 - Segment G 0:52 Senshimamoru (Haruhi & Lucky star)

(Naturally - Wippenberg remix)
07:22-08:33 - Segment H 1:11 Kristyrat (Burst Angel + Burst Angel Infinity.)
08:34-09:33 - Segment I 0:59 Reigna & Aerialesque (Touka gettan)

(Connected - Talla 2XLC remix)
09:34-10:17 - Segment J 0:43 Chiikaboom (Card Captor Sakura)

(Real me - Megara vs DJ Lee remix)
10:18-11:12 - Segment K 0:54 Kisanzi (backup) (??)

(Never Ever - Decoy & DJ Bonka remix)
11:13-13:22 - Segment L 2:09 Jencm18 (Sailor Stars & Pretear)
13:23-14:28 - Segment M 1:05 Alex Daikou (Kanon 2006)

14:29-15:19 - Credits- Niotex (?? - probably involving vector graphics)

Color codes: If your name is in Green All is ok for now, if its in orange, something up, such as I can't contact you or haven't heard from you in a while, check in with me Asap. If its in red, the track has been dropped or denied. If its in cyan, I got betas from you. If its in Blue, I got final renders from you.

If you wish to do some lyric sync in your segment, Translations to most of her songs can be found here:
http://ayumi.primenova.com/index.php

The Rules:

I've provided individual mp3 audio for each segment, with the full length of the audio you need to edit to. Please fill all your audio with some kind of footage, just keep in mind that the first and last 1-3 seconds of your segments may be used for Transitions. I have overlapped all tracks by a few seconds to allow play for transitions.

Track submissions must be in the following format:

Video Frame Size: The Final project will be 640x480 resolution for 4:3 aspect ratio sources, and 704x396 for widescreen 16:9. If you are using DVDs, please leave it in the native 720X480 resolution if possible, and I will handle all aspect ratio correction and resizing. If you use any other source, submit in the original size of the source if possible. If you must downsize for acceptable editing on your machine, don't go lower than the above mentioned Final release Sizes.

If you must resize for proper aspect ratio, bigger is better than smaller for the wide screen Sources (such as 852x480 rather than 704x396), so I don't have to upscale again when preparing the 4:3 full-screen release file.

Basically I want to avoid unnecessary multiple resizing and any upscaling that lowers final visual quality of the track.

In trying something different for this version, I will be releaseing both a widescreen and fullscreen version of the project with the differing sources pan&scanned accordingly for each type. (If I can get it to look good) You will submit to me as the proper aspect ratio for the source, and I will handle all the conversions.

Audio: Doesn't matter, I will be replacing the audio with the original unadultured mix for best quality.

Video Format: Huffyuv or Lagarith only in Progressive. RGB mode, at 29.97fps. I've changed this to accommodate those who want tight fast paced action syncing, and because I think I can still compress this reasonably well with H264 even with the higher frame rate.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DE-INTERLACE YOUR FOOTAGE BEFORE YOU EDIT!

Footage must be at least DVD quality. If you use HD-Raws or any other source, make sure I can't tell its not DVD. That includes the absence of TV watermarks and such.

Please DO NOT filter your footage after export. I will handle all post processing filterations for the final encode. We had some problems in the first ayumix of overfiltering because of this, I want to avoid this this time around ^^

Challenge System:

In the interest of making this the best Ayumix yet, I have decided to implement what is called the challenge system, where anyone can challenge a segment in the mix if they believe that they will do a much better job than the person that got that track. The way this will work, is this. Say you wanted track B, but someone else got it, and you had this uber awesome idea to do to that track that will blow away whatever the other person did. You can create that track, and submit it to me to prove that you can pull it off. I may then choose to place yours in the final project instead of the one who originally got the track. If I cannot decide, I will then allow the project members to vote, and use this information in determining my final decision. In most cases, I will not replace an already awesome track with a new awesome track if both tracks are equally or close to equally being good. One would have to be significantly more appropriate for the project, or significantly better overall for me to replace it. In the case where I may think that the new one actually fits better but the old one was really good too, I may fall back to the voting system to come to a decision. In the end it is my project, so I will make the final decisions regarding anything, however I will try to be as fair, unbiased, and tactful about it as possible.

If someone successfully challenges a position and gets it, anyone, including the original owner for that segment may still improve their piece, or make a new one, and re-challenge for the spot back.

If you wish to challenge a spot, You will need to submit the challenge to me first, (in other words send me a PM telling me you wish to challenge a segment, along with the anime you intend to use, and a general description of your idea ) then edit the part after I approve the challenge. I will then decide which I want to use after both segments are completed editing and submitted to me. I may decline a challenge if I don't like the anime and/or idea you want to use for the part.

Any segments edited for the project that don;t make it in for whatever reason will be included in an Extras part on the DVD, and probably either in an extras release made available via direct link in the catalog, or a seperate video entry. I will do something interesting for this, like a commentary or something, not just a bunch of random segments jumbled together.

There may be a deadline set for challenges, I have not yet decided on one though. I will update as needed.

These rules and information are subject to change at any time.

And, Last but Most importantly, Have Fun with it!
Last edited by Bakadeshi on Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:14 am, edited 47 times in total.

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:21 pm

WITCHCRAFT!
Hi.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:40 pm

great :o

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:41 pm

O:

Dark Seraphim
Org Profile

Post by Dark Seraphim » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:53 pm

1. segment B
2.segment D
3.segment E

my past work:
i sent it to you for reasons ;)

why should i get the track:
i think i should get the track beacuase it i want to have a fun exp. with great editors and a chance to learn more.

Mamo!
El Shine-o
Org Profile

Post by Mamo! » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:06 pm

1.) Segment G
2.) Segment I
3.) Segment H

Those were the parts that inspired me the most, but yeah, expecially segment G :P

For an example of my past work, you can look at any video in my sig :o

Luck with choosing people Deshi, greatly looking forward to seeing how the project will turn out =D

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:09 pm

1. K
2. J
3. E

Instumental electronica is my specialty.

I'm not going to argue any cases for why I want to join. If you want me, I'm in.

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:52 pm

1. Segment B
2. Segment H
3. Segment I

An example of my past work:
Well I dont really need to show u my past work since I am in your studio after all. :D

Why I think I should get the track:
I dont really have any reasons. Just know that these are the ones that I love from listening to them. Mostly Segment B.

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:58 pm

ahhh its up!!!!
and you let kewp have the virginity?? for shame!!!! O:

anyways...

1-D
2- D
3- D
4 - D
99 - D

999999 - H

past work... stuff? mostly stuff involving raping ppl and bribing them into lettin me into meps with my sexi non amv related skills, but hey watever :P

why do i want to do this mep...
um..
rawr?
:D

Stolen Soul
Org Profile

Post by Stolen Soul » Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:23 am

1: I
2: D
3: F

Video: <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 1996">Hold Your Colour</a>
Anime: Karas
Song: Hold Your Colour
Artist: Pendulum
Creator: Stolen Soul
Studio: 12th Illusion (I think? @_@)

Reason I think i should get in... Because umm... because? >.>

I like the mix btw =P top notch

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”