Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:18 pm

@Scott Green: sure thing. I updated the page with his info, too.

@jonnkakarotto: I'll slap a link to your .org profile for the beta section, and put down what you said about the e-mail info so that it's there for everyone to see clearly.

@aerialesque: I'll put that info down, but don't feel bad about changing your game yet. Just knowing that you wanted a track was the important part. The additional info is really just an added bonus when signing up initially. But, um... is "Undecided" really the name of the song? Weird. o_O Or were you specifying that you know the artist, but not the song you wanted by him?

@Aimaime-san: I don't guarantee that a spot will be open, but I hope so, for your sake.

@Take: alrighty. Updated with your info, and now that I know sayde and sto are in the project, I can mark them down for sure (sto was one of my reserved spots.)

Also, it was probably rude of me to put reserved spots without telling you who I had reserved them for. I apologize for that. I'll be marking down the names now so there's no more confusion.

I'm adding three more tracks (one of which I just gave to sayde). Everyone seems to be staying in the one minute range, so I think we can pull off thirteen tracks and still stay around fifteen minutes total.

So... I'm kinda shifting between several post windows right now, so forgive me if I overlooked something in this post. My brain is jumping back and forth. @_@

- Jen

MioMug
Org Profile

Post by MioMug » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:03 pm

Wow people post here fast, or I just wasn't paying attention.

Anyways heres my info.

Game: Tales of Symphonia
Artist/Song: Undecided, however leaning towards something by Apocalyptica.
Segment Length: 1:00 give or take 10-15 seconds

I'm going to have another run through all my music tonight and tomorrow. Ill have the song sent off by tomorrow night, unless I get hit by a car or something.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:07 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:@Take: alrighty. Updated with your info, and now that I know sayde and sto are in the project, I can mark them down for sure (sto was one of my reserved spots.)

Also, it was probably rude of me to put reserved spots without telling you who I had reserved them for. I apologize for that. I'll be marking down the names now so there's no more confusion.
Oh, no worries. Random IM's from people I've never heard of right outta the blue can only mean one of two things. AMVorg song-sending, or potential scary fanbrats professing their undying love for Vincent.

About Arkada's post . . . do we want a second Apocalyptica track?

MioMug
Org Profile

Post by MioMug » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:31 pm

TakefujiYami-sama wrote: About Arkada's post . . . do we want a second Apocalyptica track?
If not I could probability find something else, thats just what I'm leaning towards.

Stolen Soul
Org Profile

Post by Stolen Soul » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:59 pm

track 12, me?

:cry: am i too late?

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:29 pm

@Arkada: glad to have you on board, but I would prefer that you pick another song. I agree with Take on the point of not wanting duplicate music, even if it's just the artist. I'll put in your other info, though, and you can have some time to think about it.

@Stolen Soul: actually, you're right on time. You've managed to nab the last open track. ^_^ Let me know what source/music you decide on ASAP, alrighty?

Okay... now that all of the "bases are loaded," so to speak, I'd like everyone to really put some thought into what song you're going to use. It's okay if you're not sure on the game for a while yet, but before anyone should start editing, Take needs to make the music mix and give the green light on that. Also, please try to have your musical track figured out within the next two weeks. If we start getting to three and four weeks and you still haven't given Take some music... I may chose to drop you from the project entirely.

NOTE: the order I listed the tracks in is NOT necessarily the order that the mix will be in. That's up to Take and whatever she thinks fits best. That listing is just to make sure that I account for all of the participants who signed up, and for everyone else's reference.

About the outro... I have a rough idea of what I want done stylistically, but I'm still looking for music. I'll have something by the end of the week, most likely.

If there is anything else you'd like covered, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

- Jen

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:06 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:@aerialesque: I'll put that info down, but don't feel bad about changing your game yet. Just knowing that you wanted a track was the important part. The additional info is really just an added bonus when signing up initially. But, um... is "Undecided" really the name of the song? Weird. o_O Or were you specifying that you know the artist, but not the song you wanted by him?
Oh, alrighty. I may just do a bit more game searching then, but for now, FFVIII. And, yes, "Undecided" is actually the name of the song. ;) Sorry for not clarifying that.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:56 pm

Okay put me down for Suikoden 5, track about ~45secs, music: undecided, rock instrumental confuses me...

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:00 pm

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Okay... now that all of the "bases are loaded," so to speak, I'd like everyone to really put some thought into what song you're going to use. It's okay if you're not sure on the game for a while yet, but before anyone should start editing, Take needs to make the music mix and give the green light on that. Also, please try to have your musical track figured out within the next two weeks. If we start getting to three and four weeks and you still haven't given Take some music... I may chose to drop you from the project entirely.

NOTE: the order I listed the tracks in is NOT necessarily the order that the mix will be in. That's up to Take and whatever she thinks fits best. That listing is just to make sure that I account for all of the participants who signed up, and for everyone else's reference.

I would really, really like your songs as soon as possible, participants. It doesn't take me too long to mix the tracks, but it is frustrating and all, so the quicker I can get this done, the sooner I can work on the fun part of the project.

For track order, it'll be whatever song flows best into whatever song. After flipping through the songs I have, my Kamelot track seems a wee out of place o.o I would appreciate it if someone has a slightly . . . what's the word . . . gothic/power metal type track like Nightwish/Sonata Arctica etc that would fade nicely into my Kamelot track. If anyone has trouble finding a song, I have a huge (read: 22GB) music folder that I can easily pick out a song for you. As long as nobody minds the lack of punk rock =\

OropherZero, if you would like, I can send you a short sample of the type of rock instrumental we're looking for. If you don't have anything in particular, I can help you choose a song from my collection.

EDIT: I've uploaded the edited file of my March of Mephisto song. This type of music is very easy to edit with, both with mixing the track and editing the video, and its groovy. Just if anyone would like an example of rock instrumental.

EDIT #2: I like this edit function o.o DJ-san, I have a good rock instrumental outro by Running Wild, from the end of their song The Ghost. I think it would make a good outro audio if you need it still, plus it would be easy to edit into and it should be long enough to include all the credits. If not, it's very easy to edit and make longer.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:16 pm

Er... actually, I'm sorry, OropherZero. All of the tracks were just filled a few hours ago. I should have changed the title or the project description to reflect that, I suppose. I apologize again, and I'll go fix that now.

@Take: I'm not sure I'm a big fan of that outro music, actually... however, it does work, and I can definitely see how you could easily edit it for length. I just don't really want something that's going to repeat over and over 'til fade out. Let me look in my collection, too, before we decide. If you have any other suggestions for songs, I'd be glad to hear them as well.

- Jen

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”