Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:58 pm

Alrighty, Sky. That's okay. It's sad to see you drop, but this looks like it's going to be a strong project. If this turns out as good as it looks like it will, I would definitely be up for running another one in the future. Hopefully, I can see you then, okies?

As for betas... yeah, I think the testers could take a fourth person. If you want any specific contact info put up on the main post, let me know and I'll slap it up there for ya. Thanks for the help (and welcome to the crew!).

See you, Sky.

- Jen

PS: I'm putting the open track up for OropherZero first, since he posted wanting a track. If he doesn't want it, or can't do it anymore for some reason, I'll throw it out to the public.

MioMug
Org Profile

Post by MioMug » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Alright I sent off my .WAV to Take by email, (I hope you get it) the song is "Luna" by Gackt. I hope it fits into the rock instrumental category.

Also due to problems with my capture card (aka: Power Serge = BOOM) I am unable to finish capturing the rest of the symphonia clips that I wanted. Therefore I'm gonna change my Video source to Star Ocean: Til the end of time, which I riped a while ago.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:40 pm

I got your song, Arkada. Sounds awesome, and I like the part you chose. It just may be a wee bit difficult to blend into the other tracks. But have no fear~ I shall work it together somehow :up:

MioMug
Org Profile

Post by MioMug » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:43 pm

TakefujiYami-sama wrote:I got your song, Arkada. Sounds awesome, and I like the part you chose. It just may be a wee bit difficult to blend into the other tracks. But have no fear~ I shall work it together somehow :up:
I trust your judgment.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:55 pm

Alrighty =3

So, for those of you who still have yet to choose a song or are finding the search difficult, I've gone and done y'all a huge favour. I edited some instrumentals/guitar solos from some of my favourite bands and uploaded some links if anyone would like some help. If you like a particular track, just post here and I'll claim the song for you =)

Running Wild
Angel of Mercy
Libertalia
The Ghost

Sonata Arctica
Don't Say a Word
Sun of San Sebastian
I Want Out (Helloween cover)

Stratovarius
Stratofortress
Stratovarius

I will note, all these songs were spliced together very quickly, and as such the editing is on the shoddy side. This is not my best work, this was done very quickly. So of course, the final track mix will blend together a lot better =3 No panic, people.

If anyone would like to hear rock instrumentals from the Advent Children OST, Nightwish, Edenbridge, Within Temptation, Epica, etc, I can upload samples of their songs too. Also, if anyone would like to hear more from one of the above bands, I can always upload more of them if you like~

I'm also doing this because I would like to be not the only power metal song in the project o.o My track would be difficult to fit in and sound out of place.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:44 pm

I'll use the bouncer.. and im still searching for a song...

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:28 am

Okay... made a few changes, and I have an idea for the outro.

1. I updated the main page in a few ways. (A) All of the current info should be up now. If there is something missing, or I have labeled your track incorrectly, please TELL ME! (B) I have put the "Undecided"'s in the track listings in green, as a subtle reminder to decide what you'll be doing soon.

2. I just PM'd one of the members about doing the outro. If his response is unfavorable, I'll open it up to the rest of the members. However, I have found the song that I want to be used for it, and I have an idea of how I want them done. The song is the aptly-titled, "Outro" by Breaking Benjamin (Take, I'll obviously send you a copy if you need it). The credits will be simple, with the relevant info scrolling on one side while clips of the corresponding track play on the other side. It's a style I've seen done before, and I like it because it's clean cut and to the point. If there are any objections to this style, feel free to pipe up about it.

@Take: I'm not sure that I clarified this very well before, so... just to let you know, I'd rather that the project did NOT go right into the credits. If possible, I want a definitive break between the last track and the outro. However, if for some reason, that last song is just being too stubborn and you can't find a good way to end it, I won't panic about mixing the outro into it, as "Outro" DOES have a very definitive ending.

Just reminding you all as usual to please, please get your songs into Take ASAP!

Also "as usual," let me know if there are any further concerns. I'll do my best to help. :)

- Jen

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:56 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:@Take: I'm not sure that I clarified this very well before, so... just to let you know, I'd rather that the project did NOT go right into the credits. If possible, I want a definitive break between the last track and the outro. However, if for some reason, that last song is just being too stubborn and you can't find a good way to end it, I won't panic about mixing the outro into it, as "Outro" DOES have a very definitive ending.
Yeah, of course, outros sound better when seperate instead of fading from the project. The last track will have to have a decent ending, something that ends clearly instead of fading out. I personally love the ending of Angel of Mercy (example link is a few posts up, ending not included but I can send some suggestions), but it's your project and it's totally up to you. I'm just throwing out suggestions =3

Breaking Benjamin . . . meh, can't say it's a band I'm all for but like I said, your project, I follow Captain's orders *salute*.

I still really want someone to pick a heavier-type song o.o My track sounds too out of place from the songs I've received, and I don't wanna pick another . . .

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:34 am

at the request of the captains orders:

Game: Xenosaga 1,2,&3
Artist/Song: Snow Castle by Masaru Shiina
Segment Length: ~1:30 (won't be official till Take finishes the mix)

inthesto
Beef Basket
Org Profile

Post by inthesto » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:31 am

TakefujiYami-sama wrote:I still really want someone to pick a heavier-type song o.o My track sounds too out of place from the songs I've received, and I don't wanna pick another . . .
If that's the case, I wouldn't mind re-picking my own song. There were several pieces that I shied away from because I thought they were too metal and not enough rock, so give me a little bit and I'll see what I can dig up.
Sukunai, Real Canadian Hero wrote:Note to any Muslims present. Abuse a female in my presence, and you are being sent to a hospital emergency ward with life threatening injuries. And no human law will make me change my mind.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”