Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:24 pm

Project FMV

Concept
A celebration of videogames in AMV form!

Rules
- Games must be .org-able!
- 1 game per person
- 1 track per person
- 1 song per person
- NO duplicates

Tech Stuff
- Frame Size: 640x480, 4:3 – if you have 16:9, please letterbox it
- Frame Rate: 29.97 fps
- Video Quality: high quality capture or rip; NO DOWNLOADED FOOTAGE!
- Please de-interlace your footage
- NO subtitles, logos, watermarks, or whatever else doesn’t belong in your video
- Transitional footage: please edit 5 seconds over your track length on both ends. Try to avoid cuts or effects during these parts. This will help in making transitions between the tracks.
- Submission Codecs: Lagarith (preferred) or Huffyuv
- If you used Avisynth, tell me!
- Audio: uncompressed .wav
- Track Length: 0:30 to 1:30

More About Audio
Takefuji is the mixer for this project, and she's cooked up a delightful blend of our theme - rock instrumentals, provided by each participant. Now that the mix has been made, it won't change. However, if you still need to contact Take-san for some reason, here is her contact info:

AIM: DeadlySinPride
MSN + email: takefuji_yami@hotmail.com

Sendspace - Project FMV: Uncompressed Track Mix

About Betas
Betas can be compressed any way you like (keep it under 100 MB, though), as long as I can view it. Beta testers include myself (dj_ultima_the_great), jonnkakarotto, CrackTheSky, and bluetrain. Please include "Project FMV" in the subject lines of any e-mails!!

Please PM me (dj_ultima_the_great) with all beta links. I will send the links out to the beta testers myself. However, should you need to contact any of the testers personally, suggested methods of contact are provided below.

Methods of Contact for Betas
dj_ultima_the_great:
PM (preferred), e-mail, occasionally in IRC channel #AMV

CrackTheSky:
PM (most reliable), frequently in IRC channel #AMV

jonnkakarotto:
PM, e-mail (most reliable)

bluetrain:
bluetrain@animemusicvideos.org , this thread, PM, AMVience Forums (most reliable)

NOTE: all betas must be cleared by all beta testers (unless one of the testers is unable to for unforeseen reasons). Your track is not considered finished until this requirement is filled!

Deadlines
Project Start: February 6th, 2007
First Deadline: May 20th
Second/Final Deadline: September 21st

After the second deadline, your track should be as finished as you want it to be. First, you'll send me a compressed beta, and I'll run each one past the beta testers again. If they see nothing that they feel needs changed, then I will ask you for your lossless version of your track. If they see potential changes, then I'd like you to look over your track again, change anything that you may want to change, and then send the lossless version. There isn't a ton of beta testing going on here, so try to realize that I'm putting a lot of trust in your judgment on the quality of your segments.

If you decide to drop the project, I’ll give you two weeks to find another editor that you would want to do your track. If you don’t find someone else yourself in that time, I’m opening up your track to the public.

Intro/Track 01 - 00:00-01:43 - dj_ultima_the_great - Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - Apocalyptica - "Path"
Track 02 - 01:43-02:44 - aerialesque - Final Fantasy VIII - James LaBrie - "Undecided"
Track 03 - 02:44-04:10 - Scott Green - Resident Evil 4 - Dream Theater - "Stream of Consciousness"
Track 04 - 04:10-05:21 - Takefuji - Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus - Siam Shade - "Bloody Train"
Track 05 - 05:21-06:06 - sayde - Xenosaga 1, 2, 3 - Masaru Shiina - "Snow Castle"
Track 06 - 06:06-07:40 - Kitsuner - Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - Hideki Naganuma - "Too Fast"
Track 07 - 07:40-08:25 - Arkada - Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time - Gackt - "Luna"
Track 08 - 08:26-09:08 - AMV_4000 - Crimson Sea 2 - Butthole Surfers - "Who Was in My Room Last Night?"
Track 09 - 09:08-10:19 - masterGT - Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistance - In Flames - "The Jester's Dance"
Track 10 - 10:19-11:04 - Takefuji - Kingdom Hearts - Within Tempation - "The Heart of Everything"
Outro - 11:04-end - sayde - Breaking Benjamin - "Outro"

If there is anything I haven’t covered, please let me know. This is my first time heading a MEP, so I’m not yet skilled at this. I’m looking forward to all of the great tracks I’ll be seeing from you in the next few months. Put in your best effort, but make sure to have fun with this! :D

- Jen
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:18 am, edited 51 times in total.

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:05 pm

Okay, to get this out of the way...what are your thoughts on FF-related material? I can understand if you'd like to keep it out of the MEP, because it's so overused, but I thought I would ask. I'm quite interested in making a Dirge of Cerberus track, so that's why I'm asking.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:11 pm

From the interest gauge, it didn't seem like there were too many people leaning towards it, so I'm not worried about it becoming too overused here. If you want to make a DoC track, then I'm all for it.

If, on the off-chance, it gets to be too many people asking for FF, I'll ask for the "overflow" to pick something different. A first come, first serve kinda thing, alrighty?

Hope that helps.

- Jen

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:06 am

I'm surprised it's working out, when I made Project RPG MEP suggestion months ago which is practically the same as this I got no response. Anyway good luck with this project, I might have a go using Suikoden 5 or Drakengard FMVs... I'll let you know when I decide, since I have both sources ready right now.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:28 am

Contact Info for sending songs to Takefuji:

AIM: DeadlySinPride
MSN + email: takefuji_yami@hotmail.com

If file transfers don't work, MegaUpload, YouSendIt, or any other file transfer site links can be emailed to my Hotmail. I've also got a Gmail account, but because I never use it, there's no point in sending it there.

As for signup, the only game footage I have is FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. Unfortunatley, it looks like aerialesque already has that in mind. Which sucks, because if I'm making the mix, I'd like to be in the project =\ But if it's already claimed, then I'll just mix the track, I suppose.

[/bummed out]

Aerialesque
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:50 am

TakefujiYami-sama wrote:As for signup, the only game footage I have is FF7: Dirge of Cerberus. Unfortunatley, it looks like aerialesque already has that in mind. Which sucks, because if I'm making the mix, I'd like to be in the project =\ But if it's already claimed, then I'll just mix the track, I suppose.

[/bummed out]
Aw, I feel guilty now....

Well, I'd be willing to give it up so you'll be able to make a track. I don't want to be the reason you can't be in the project. Since that's the only game you own, I think that it'd be fair if you used it instead. ^^

I'm not sure what I'll use now, but I'll see if I can find something. If only I had more than FF games in my video game collection, haha.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:03 am

aerialesque wrote:I'm not sure what I'll use now, but I'll see if I can find something. If only I had more than FF games in my video game collection, haha.
Got some friends you can bum games off of? Or, you could use a rental place, too. Does Netflix do games? I think G4 is always promoting a site called Gametap. I mean, assuming you're ripping the footage, you only need the game for a few days at most. And you have plenty of time to gather footage.

I'd really love to have both of you on this project, so I figured I'd throw out some suggestions there. ^_~

- Jen

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:05 am

aerialesque wrote:Aw, I feel guilty now....

Well, I'd be willing to give it up so you'll be able to make a track. I don't want to be the reason you can't be in the project. Since that's the only game you own, I think that it'd be fair if you used it instead. ^^

I'm not sure what I'll use now, but I'll see if I can find something. If only I had more than FF games in my video game collection, haha.

Didn't do it to make you guilt-trip, but if it gets me the open track, I'm all for it :up:

DoC isn't the only game in my collection, it's just the only one I was able to rip that I still have all my footage for. I don't have the equipment for ripping everything anymore, and I really hate ripping clips =\ Tedious process that tends to make me go "Aw, screw this project anyways".

I think dj_ultima_the_great is alright with one or two FFs included in the project. Because FF has been such a huge part of Japanese games, including only one, and especially just a FF7 spinoff, it kinda might not be the best tribute to Japanese games. I personally love the graphics in FF8, it'd be awesome if you're able to use that one~

So~ I claim my track now ^^

Game: FF7: Dirge of Cerberus
Song: Temporary undecided, but I would like to use a song from the Van Helsing soundtrack.
Length: I'll try not to make it more than 1 minute.

*much love to aerialesque for allowing me to use DoC~!*

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:06 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:
aerialesque wrote:I'm not sure what I'll use now, but I'll see if I can find something. If only I had more than FF games in my video game collection, haha.
Got some friends you can bum games off of? Or, you could use a rental place, too. Does Netflix do games? I think G4 is always promoting a site called Gametap. I mean, assuming you're ripping the footage, you only need the game for a few days at most. And you have plenty of time to gather footage.

I'd really love to have both of you on this project, so I figured I'd throw out some suggestions there. ^_~

- Jen
Lil help from a MEP watcher....

http://www.gamefly.com/

What Jen was talking about.

Good luck guys! If I had more than Final Fantasy, I'd consider helping out.

Aerialesque
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:25 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:Got some friends you can bum games off of? Or, you could use a rental place, too. Does Netflix do games? I think G4 is always promoting a site called Gametap. I mean, assuming you're ripping the footage, you only need the game for a few days at most. And you have plenty of time to gather footage.

Good idea. I'll look into some games, and rent something. Thanks for the link to that site, Krisqo. I'll most likely be checking that out. :) And while this is still up in the air, if anyone has a game they would like to see in the project, please let me know, so I can check it out.
TakefujiYami-sama wrote:I personally love the graphics in FF8, it'd be awesome if you're able to use that one~
If I were to choose between any other of the FF games, that would be the one I would pick. ;) If it turns out that no one else wants to use FF, and I don't find something else to use, I'll use that, maybe. ^^

Thanks, guys...I'll be back. :O

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”