Project FMV: Official Thread (released!)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:16 am

Kickass, that means I'm probably going to actually spend time on this. <_<
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:- is everyone remembering to edit five seconds over their track length? I'm not seeing that in all of the betas, and I won't accept your final segment if it's not there.
Is that included in the .wav file?

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:19 am

Kitsuner wrote:Kickass, that means I'm probably going to actually spend time on this. <_<
dj_ultima_the_great wrote:- is everyone remembering to edit five seconds over their track length? I'm not seeing that in all of the betas, and I won't accept your final segment if it's not there.
Are you talking about the one I sent you sometime back? Cuz I don't remember for sure. I should have tacked on the five seconds.

- Jen

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:38 am

dj_ultima_the_great wrote:
Kitsuner wrote:Kickass, that means I'm probably going to actually spend time on this. <_<
Are you talking about the one I sent you sometime back? Cuz I don't remember for sure. I should have tacked on the five seconds.

- Jen
Mkay, it's there.

bluetrain
Org Profile

Post by bluetrain » Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:01 am

Hey, long time no thread.

I wrote a pretty epic email to you tonight Jen. So hoping you got it. I backed it up just in case.

From the BETAs i've seen everything's looking pretty good, but i'd like to see some more to give some feedback because even some of the better segments aren't flawless as yet.

Teh good news is i haven't had any MAJOR problems, but there are still some issues with some videos, but i'm sure that'll all be sorted soon.

There are about 3 segments which are above 95% complete though, if not 100%

---

As for my progress, i'm still plodding along. Unfortunately S.T.A.L.K.E.R features video in framesize lower then 640x480 so it will be slightly scaled up - but because of how modern the game is - it should still look really good - and BOY do i mean really good! S.T.A.L.K.E.R had some pretty special GFX crews working on detail in those Cinematics.

---

Good luck to everyone and keep editting!
~BlueTrain
*one day something with some effort will reside here*

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:49 pm

bluetrain wrote:I wrote a pretty epic email to you tonight Jen. So hoping you got it. I backed it up just in case.
Yup yup, I got your e-mail. I'm glad that worked; I have no idea what's up with the PM system.

I'm not sure when I'm going to get a response from the last tester, so if you haven't gotten comments from me (and most haven't), I'll be working on sending those out in a day or two. I'd rather not wait for him and take away more precious editing time.
Unfortunately S.T.A.L.K.E.R features video in framesize lower then 640x480 so it will be slightly scaled up
This reminds me of a concern I had. The way I decided to do it was this:
- h.264 .mp4 will be 640x480
- XviD .avi will be 512x384

This is for a few reasons... first and foremost, think of the type of footage we're using. It's VG stuff, which has a TON of movement, and is a bitch to compress well and keep your video quality. Secondly, many of us are upscaling (myself included), which is hurting the video quality more.

The h.264 will keep the video quality a lot better at that higher resolution than an XviD will (at least, without being an overwhelming filesize). Also, the .mp4 will be on Local, since I don't have alternate hosting and I want the best version of the project available. Maybe someone will offer something closer to the final deadline or after I announce the project, but for now, the XviD will have to be by request.

As usual, if you have any questions, let me know. If not, I hope to see more betas soon. :D

- Jen

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Just putting out a general message to everyone...

The deadline is in ten days (September 21st), so start thinking about wrapping up your segments and sending them off to me. At this point, if you haven't sent a beta, you're probably only going to get a critique from me personally on anything you might send. As helpful and as patient as they've been for me, I don't really have time to send off new betas to the other testers anymore.

Also, I think I mentioned this before, but when you get the okay to send your final, please send it with audio. It'll make it easier for me to match segments up with the master .wav. Oh, and don't forget the five seconds of footage on either side of your segment. I don't need it in betas, but I will be needing it in the final for sure, so keep that in mind.

I'll try to have a beta of the intro up before the final deadline, but if not, don't be concerned. I will have some other editors look at it before I put it in, even if it's not the ones on this project directly.

Good luck, and I hope things are moving along for everyone involved.

See you, folks.

- Jen

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:58 pm

im about 50% complete... i got all my clips encoded, i got the ones im using in the timeline, i just gotta fix some timing, add some crazy effects, and upload it.... im in the process of buying a car, so i dont have too much time to work... expect my video tuesday or wednesday.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:31 am

I'm still in the process of sorting out my clips, the script I was given fixes up quality issues I originally had but it renders in virtualdubmod at 1fps so yeah my god it takes long to render these clip for editting o_O

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:22 pm

OropherZero wrote:it renders in virtualdubmod at 1fps so yeah my god it takes long to render these clip for editting o_O
My game has a ton of clips, and they took ages to render as well, so I feel your pain there. *pet pat*

Oh, and just a note to everyone... I'm most likely starting the second project (well, the initial interest gauge anyway) not long after this project is released - and the second one will have incredibly strict deadlines. It has to be that way, since I'm going to Spain roughly a year from now, and I won't be able to coordinate a project during that time. So, either I start the second one soon after the first, or I start it a year and a half from now. I'd rather not wait that long, personally, and I really want to do a second project.

I guess the main gist is tell your friends, tell your neighbors, tell your grandma... whoever you think might be interested in this. There were a number of people who wanted to be on the project, but couldn't in light of time constraints - or they just didn't get to the thread quick enough. (Auditions next time will prevent the rush of that.) I'd like everyone to get a fair warning, a fair chance, and a voice for the next one ideally.

Anywho, deadline is closing in, and I hope everyone is doing well. See you, folks.

- Jen

masterGT
Org Profile

Post by masterGT » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Hello everyone!

Can someone please post an link to download the full uncompressed wav mix? Because I have only the old one with the celldweller song after mine instead of the within temptation one.
Or is it ok when I send u the lossless with the uncorrect song transition at the end of my part?

ps. good luck to all of you to finish your parts.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”