ANIF07: Symphonic Games Edition (Eminence Live Concert)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
dimix86
Org Profile

ANIF07: Symphonic Games Edition (Eminence Live Concert)

Post by dimix86 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:28 am

Green names are the ones i've received. Im still waiting on the others. Yellow means that arrangements have been made.

Confirmed names and titles:

Soul Calibur III - inthesto
Soul Calibur III - Vancore
Metal Gear Solid 3 - shadowNOS
Zelda - Lockstock
Mario - Castor Troy
Tales Of Legendia - aneino_kaijin
Zelda - starcat09
SotC - Psycho1412
SotC - Psycho1412

Kyo Kara Maoh - dimix
Xenosaga - Infinity Squared
WoW - Infinity Squared / snhknives
SotC - dimix
Tales Of Legendia - Arkada
keyboardsamurai - Tekken

Techinical Features of the AMV:

- The most important (and somewhat disappointing) feature of making an AMV to live music, is that it will almost never be in proper sync. Every orchestra will always slightly differ a piece in tempo everytime. With this being said, the AMV can not by a rhythm / beat sync video, but rather a mood sync video. I think Koop created a good example of this for ‘My Neighour Totoro’ for ANIF06.

- Videos should be in a 4:3 aspect ratio. If the video source is widescreen, then it should contain black letterbox along the top and bottom in order to fit the aspect. Refer to the guides to do this.

- It would be best if it could be uploaded as a good quality MPEG2. If not, a high quality xvid or divx is acceptable.

Because of the scale of the project, the protocol for joining / uploading is a bit different.. Once you've emailed me, and its been approved, i'll give details on where to upload beta's etc...

I'm sure i've left out something.. so i'll add on any details later...

Good luck :D
Last edited by dimix86 on Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 15 times in total.

dimix86
Org Profile

Post by dimix86 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:14 am

Theres been a bit of confusion in the project. The video source and audio source need to be the same. I.E. if you want to do the music track from Shadow of the Colossus, then your video source would have to be from Shadow of the Colossus. You can not use video or audio from any other titles. The purpose of the video is to provide memorable footage and the feeling of what the music was like when you were playing the game.

And yes, i realise most people want to do final fantasy :lol: , but try to give a 2nd option as well...

And if you have any questions, please post them here so others can be informed...
Last edited by dimix86 on Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:45 am

By kingdom hearts do you mean a collection of kingdom hearts 1 and 2 or just one of them? I just had a listen to the OSTs just then and you got me curious :)

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:47 am

Hmm...

dimix86
Org Profile

Post by dimix86 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:13 am

Also, for anyone who wants to do a multi-source trailer, the ANIF07 trailer is also up for grabs, for anyone that is interested... I usually do them myself, but i've taken up a much bigger role in the concert this year...

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:16 pm

World of Warcraft you say....

dimix86
Org Profile

Post by dimix86 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:12 am

I have found out the confirmed tracks for Shadow of the Colossus...
If you are interested in making this music video, email me.

There are 3 SotC tracks.. Each one is around 2mins...

Jasta85
Org Profile

Post by Jasta85 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:54 am

ok, i am damn interested in this mep, sounds like an awsome concept, few quick questions

you mention the tracks will be from those above titles, ok, i know a couple very good songs from world of warcraft (i should considering i wasted about 10 months of my life on it) but i dont know if those songs will be the ones chosen.

Also, is there any limit to file size, or do we just send in the best possible quality vid we can with no size limit (i wouldnt think so but just making sure). Im asking this cause as you know a lot of vids can end up being hundreds of megs or even several gigs when first made which is why we use the handy Xvid, but if there is no file limit then i wont have to worry about compression

and finally, any particular limits on what you want as far as the anime. I mean in terms of violence and stuff, for instance i am considering the hellsing OVA but its rather bloody and i dont know how sensitive the audience will be. After checking a couple of those videos on their website i am thinking that it wouldnt be really acceptable to be showing a scene where alucard is skewered and has his head cut off, although it would be very nice to see the reaction of the audience hehe

and also same question as person above, you say songs from zelda, ok, which of the numerous zelda games? link to the past? ocarina of time? the new twilight princess (which i have not even seen yet), that would have a huge impact on my choice as the orchestra may end up playing songs from a zelda game which ive never even seen

biggest question is the song one, cant really decide on which of those pieces to pick from if i dont know which songs will be available from each

is it ok to email you the title we would like to choose, but just have that as a tentative choice until we know exactly which songs will be available?

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:56 am

not sure yet, but I love classical/symphonic music and would love to be in something like this, i'll E-mail you guys my info when i find a title that i would want to edit to.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:56 am

Jasta85 wrote:and finally, any particular limits on what you want as far as the anime. I mean in terms of violence and stuff, for instance i am considering the hellsing OVA but its rather bloody and i dont know how sensitive the audience will be. After checking a couple of those videos on their website i am thinking that it wouldnt be really acceptable to be showing a scene where alucard is skewered and has his head cut off, although it would be very nice to see the reaction of the audience hehe
dimix will probaby come in here eventually, but just in case you are anxious for an answer, the Eminence concerts generally match anime/video games with the actual source of the music track (e.g. One Winged Angel would mean the video source used has to be from Final Fantasy 7). In this instance, seeing as how it's the Video Games Edition of the concert, you'll have to look at using sources for the video games music that dimix will let the editors know of. This is simply because, the videos playing in the background to the orchestra serve primarily to allow the audience to reminisce where the music is from and hence complement it.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”