Video Game Project IV - Rebirth: Official Thread

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:30 pm

Haunter103 wrote:If I could find a DECENT Star Tropics Remix, I might be able to participate. But I've only found two and I'm not fond of either of them. :(
I think I know which ones you mean.... I thought they were ok too. :?

-------------------

Attention!

VG4 shorts can be made by editors at anytime, even before you start an actual video. I may even let some people who only want to make shorts at first join the project.

However, my actual preference will still be towards actual videos and I will still limit the amount of shorts. Let me know if any of you want to make a short, but I will only limit them to one per editor at the moment.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

suberunker
Org Profile

Post by suberunker » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:41 pm

You know I wanna make you some shorts. ;)

Oh, and real vids...I guess.
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
CLARENCE CARTER!
OOOOHHH SHIT!

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Post by Tsunami Jones » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:02 pm

mexicanjunior wrote:Still got those Eyeshield DVD's?... :o
I like where this is going :up:

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:55 pm

If it weren't for a lack of concept, lack of time, and lack of motivation to even get my own personal videos done, I'd sign up. Maybe after this semester is over I'll see about it. So count me as tentatively interested, if that's ok.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:17 pm

Qyot27 wrote:If it weren't for a lack of concept, lack of time, and lack of motivation to even get my own personal videos done, I'd sign up. Maybe after this semester is over I'll see about it. So count me as tentatively interested, if that's ok.
Alright then, no rush for now since things will be going a bit slow for a while.

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:59 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I think I know which ones you mean.... I thought they were ok too. :?
Well, one of them is somewhat OK, but not as upbeat as I'd like. The other one would be fine, but it only makes use of half of the original song and it irritates the hell out of me >.<
I MIGHT still be able to work with one of them, but I suppose I'd need a concept/anime to work with first. I'll put some thought into it. :P
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:50 pm

Haunter103 wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:I think I know which ones you mean.... I thought they were ok too. :?
Well, one of them is somewhat OK, but not as upbeat as I'd like. The other one would be fine, but it only makes use of half of the original song and it irritates the hell out of me >.<
I MIGHT still be able to work with one of them, but I suppose I'd need a concept/anime to work with first. I'll put some thought into it. :P
Well, the limit on tracks is 3 min or under and no shorter than a minute to a minute and a half.

Lemme know your concept when you're ready. :up:

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:54 pm

Ok, I've been talking to various people and most seem to be interested in doing shorts, so I'm going to increase the amount of shorts editors can do up to 3.

However, due to time restraints, not all the shorts can appear in the project. I would still prefer more actual videos over shorts. I have to admit that alot of the ideas some of you have given me are extremely funny and I would definitely like them on the project. :lol:

I really want to make sure that one short per editor will be guranteed to make it in the project. All of this will depend on how much time the project has left before completion (1 hour max).

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:07 pm

I have no idea if I can still join this thing (so i guess thats question one...)

However, I must know, Can someone use ACTUAL videogame music insted of poorly done, lame OC and VG remixes? I find the actual video game music to be of generally less diversity but much higher in quality then the lets-add-base-and-a-sound-effect-of-a-guy-from-the-game-screaming-repeatedly techno remix. :\

Because this is something I'd like to get in on due to me being a VG fan since i was 4 (Ahh Shinobi Arcade machine at the 7-11 i miss you so)

so yes, my questions are as follows

Can I still Join?

Can I use non remixed tracks?

Third question available upon the answering of "yes" to the first two.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:17 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I have no idea if I can still join this thing (so i guess thats question one...)

However, I must know, Can someone use ACTUAL videogame music insted of poorly done, lame OC and VG remixes? I find the actual video game music to be of generally less diversity but much higher in quality then the lets-add-base-and-a-sound-effect-of-a-guy-from-the-game-screaming-repeatedly techno remix. :\

Because this is something I'd like to get in on due to me being a VG fan since i was 4 (Ahh Shinobi Arcade machine at the 7-11 i miss you so)

so yes, my questions are as follows

Can I still Join?

Can I use non remixed tracks?

Third question available upon the answering of "yes" to the first two.
Yes, you can still join.

I guess due to the small amount of people who have selected tracks, I may let this one slide because I like your work. :P

Let me know which music you plan on using and your ideas/concepts.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”