Post by dreamawake » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:33 pm

godix wrote:
Vegeta119 wrote:*is suprised he didnt see a "Keep Decoy Out" rule*
You missed a rule.
o.O

Nekoteo
Org Profile

Post by Nekoteo » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:26 pm

Keep decoy out? Yeh tell me more on "how to ruin a mep by Disturbed Liljoey"?

SilversLightning
Resident Yaoi Fangirl
Org Profile

Post by SilversLightning » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:58 am

apparently there's another keep someone out rule that involves me

the "keep DQY out" rule :/

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:31 pm

i wanna stop seeing all of these band tribute MEPs. i don't think i've ever watched one that didn't suck.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:23 pm

Minion wrote:i wanna stop seeing all of these band tribute MEPs. i don't think i've ever watched one that didn't suck.
I agree. Most MEPs I've watched were a total waste of time. Mainly it's these band tribute MEPs that take the cake at sucking..

Anyone ever hear of megamixes? They are usually done and done well through trance type music, yet people keep creating these damn boring rock meps. :\

And I'm sick of people doing their own mixes unless it's AtomX's mixes because he seems to know how to do them right, other than that, they should take already existed megamixes and make a huge project out of it and focus on the build up in the audio when it happens and make sure to edit accordingly.

It's one thing to have an idea, like it, then make a thread telling people to join your project, it's another to get some ideas thrown on the table and have a discussion about these ideas, decide what's good, find someone willing to coordinate the project and then starting an official thread for it. I choose the latter.. maybe we'd get more interesting meps if we actually had a thread dedicated to the discussion of mep ideas. What do you think?

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:34 pm

most of those mep projects start out as "interest gagues" to see if anyone is even interested in the project... which i believe goes almost exactly like your idea: a discussion on weather people want to do it/it will work or not....

as far as im concerned if people want to make "crappy" meps let them... this is a hobby after all, its meant to be enjoied by the creators as well...

x_rex30
Org Profile

Post by x_rex30 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:05 pm

By all means, make the biggest pile of meps that you can, that doesn't bother me.. it's that the meps aren't too creative, and a discussion of ideas can go a long way. You may think someone creating a dedicated thread to one idea is almost like my idea, it isn't. Random threads popping up with someone going "OMG linkin park mep!! *interest gague*" is not discussing Ideas, it's discussing an idea, therefor isn't anything like my idea. Having a thread with an already started idea and going from there is different than having a discussion on some mep ideas and then seeing what people think of them, instead of having a thread dedicated to just one. We may be able to come up with a lot of interesting ideas through a discussion of ideas IMO, it wont hurt to try I don't think.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:19 pm

I'm honestly thinking of doing something MEP related soon, and since the other guide thread was locked after 2 years of no posts i gues this has become the defacto sticky for advice...

Anyway, what's the best way to ensure quality asside from handpicking all the editors for the project and hoping they'll give you the time of day / commit to the project? I'm interested in keeping the quality of what i'm proposing fairly high, and really wasn't sure of how to go about setting up a thread here when the time comes - a screening of past work? Of course i plan to pass the mix i'm using around to people before hand... but if worse came to worse and everyone was busy (as i can see many people are), what would be the more acceptible means of saying "i don't want people in this project that suck?"
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:54 pm

take "auditions"

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”