Project.mu [zomg slight update]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Project.mu [zomg slight update]

Post by SQ » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:58 am

STOP SENDING ME PMs ABOUT GETTING IN THIS PROJECT! IT IS NOT OPEN YET.
I wrote:I am now out of finals and vacation (which was fun) and am entering this school year with Humanities and Typography. Although I do have editing gigs scheduled in between that (I get to edit a metal music video. :!O ) I should have plenty of time for this project now. (My lack of credits this quarter is due to multiple scheduling conflicts. :/ )

I had an idea about transitions and I realize this is a VERY BAD TIME to bring this up but I was wondering if it would hurt any of the several people who worked on the Mix's feelings if we were to ditch the mix idea and go with people doing their own segments then just trying to mux those together afterward.

If not, I had another idea which consisted of taking everyone's version of the muse mix and muxxing sections of those together so everyone who worked on the mix would be in (I haven't tried working this out yet so I don't know how good it would sound... )

Anyway, looking for others' ideas.

If both are ridiculous (Which they could be; I suck at audio) let me know and I'll take no offense.

It is just now that I have free time, even though I have school, most others do not right now so I'd like ot try and get this off the ground (again).

I'd also like to thank you guys for keeping this thread alive for so long, as well. If it weren't for you, this project surely would've died in my mind. I hope I can be a suitable project lead.
        Last updated: 1/6/07
Hey everyone, and welcome to the Muse Project! The working name for it is project.mu, but we really hope we can come up with a better name than that soon(if you have any suggestions, let me know). This project is produced by me(SQ) and directed by Devolution.

The start date for this project is unknown. We've run into a lot of snags, but hopefully we'll be ready to go before February. Editors will be pre-screened for this MEP, meaning that to enter we(Devo and I) must have (a) a sample of what you are currently working on, (b) Your latest work, OR (c) What you believe to be your 'best' work, and like it. If we do like the way/style you edit, you will be accepted. You may also be invited to this MEP through me or Devo.

There are about 20 tracks in this MEP, and they [will be] mixed together by [Requiett or Scott Green or Jay, who isn't a member of the .org]. Originally the mix was supposed to be done by Jay, but.. Stuff happened... And now two others are working on it. I haven't heard much from Jay. But when everyone gets done with their respective mixes, we'll choose which one we like best and use it. =3

The tracks are, in no particular order:

Bliss
Shrinking Universe
Apocolypse Please
Space
Stockholm Syndrome
In Your World
Plug in Baby
Tsp(or 'The Small Print')
Time is Running Out
Hysteria
Cave
Citizen Erased
Butterflies and Hurricanes
Muscle Museum
New Born
Starlight
Knights of Cydonia
Map of Problematique
Sunburn
Super Massive Black Hole

There are twenty tracks total, consisting of Muse's more upbeat songs from every CD they've released(except singles and live CDs/DVDs).

Currently, the tentative theme of this project is 'overcome'[the theme will ultimately depend on what the mix sounds like]. Whether this is the main character overcoming something, someone, or being overcome is your choice. The tentative style is 'action synch'[this also depends on which mix we use, but will probably stay in tact]. If you'd like to synch to lyrics, we would ask that you begin your track with action synch, 'fade in' to lyric synch, and then 'fade out' to action synch at the end of your track, so it will match better.
Each track is a thirty seconds to a minute long, and the MEP is currently open to sixteen individual editors(aside from Devo and myself). If many people are interested, we may be able to split up longer tracks and give more than one editor to the same song(but we would prefer not to do this).

The tentative deadline for this project(once it starts) is July 1, 2007. This should give editors plenty of time to finish their tracks, and allow us one month(approximately) to ready the MEP in hopes of sending to AWA 13. The deadline may be earlier than July, however(depending on circumstances).

Tentative requirements for this project include:

- A screenshot of your work enviornment/timeline/project after you have finished your project

- A huffyuv-encoded, or otherwise lossless-encoded video without audio at [determined resolution/aspect ratio here] and [29.97fps] before the deadline of your final work.

- A beta at any format, of any time(longer than one second), with sound, at the Producer or Director(I and Devo, respectively)'s discretion, usually at pre-defined dates.

- A file-transfer program or resource(such as your own webspace, yousendit, rapidshare, FTP, IM service, etc.)

- A pre-screen from Devo and/or SQ before entry into MEP, or an invite from one of us

When claiming of tracks start(they have not, yet) you should claim a primary, secondary, and 'dropout' track. The primary track is what track you really would like to do. Secondary is the track you will do if you cannot get your primary track, and the 'drop out' track whether or not you are willing to edit a track someone drops.
The 'dropout' track is optional, and to qualify for receiving of an actual dropout track(should someone drop out), you must be willing to make a track of excellent or near-excellent quality(editing-wise) in a short period of time.
You should also provide link(s) to either your latest work, a beta of your current work, or what you believe is your best work at the time of claiming so we may pre-screen you for entry into the Project(if you were not invited).

Some tentative rules for editing of this project are:

- Must have anime from a legal(i.e. not bootleg) DVD, or raws or r0s of anime that either (a) have not been liscened/released in your area yet, or (b) you have proven you can filter/clean enough to pass the source as DVD quality.

- Your track may not contain subtitles, or overt titles unless done in a stylistic manner that could easily match or flow with the rest of the tracks in the project.

- Your track may not contain overt special effects that may be unable to match or flow with the track surrounding your's(i.e. the tracks before and after your's). Please either pass betas back and forth between the editors before and after you, or converse with them so we may keep the project cohesive.

In conclusion, this project has not started yet, track claiming has not started yet, many things have not been finalized, and the mix is currently in production.

We hope you will enjoy this project and/or participate in it. Please stay current with the thread until we eventually move to a new one (undecided if we will or not), and/or the project starts.
At which time, critical updates will probably be emailed to you as well as posted in the thread.

Code: Select all

[url=http://xrl.us/soz3][img]http://xrl.us/svsk[/img][/url]

Code: Select all

[url=http://xrl.us/soz3][img]http://xrl.us/svsm[/img][/url]
I apologize if the images are crappy. >_>
Last edited by SQ on Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 am, edited 14 times in total.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:53 pm

From Bauzi:

First of all: Yeah I am interrested in this MEP for editing. I´ve already started an AMV with "New Born", but I want it as full AMV and not for a MEP segment. ...

There have to be at least a few singles. And the singles are...

* 1999: Uno
* 1999: Cave
* 1999: Muscle Museum (USA: 2000)
* 2000: Sunburn, UK #22
* 2000: Unintended, UK #20
* 2001: Plug In Baby, UK #11
* 2001: New Born, UK #12
* 2001: Bliss, UK #22
* 2001: Hyper Music/Feeling Good, UK #24
* 2002: Dead Star/In Your World, UK #13
* 2003: Stockholm Syndrome (only download)
* 2003: Time Is Running Out, UK #8
* 2003: Hysteria, UK #17
* 2004: Sing For Absolution, UK #16
* 2004: Apocalypse Please (download for charity things)
* 2004: Butterflies and Hurricanes, UK #14
* 2006: Supermassive Black Hole, Uk #4
* 2006: Knights Of Cydonia (only awable in the USA)
* 2006: Starlight
* 2006: Map Of The Problematique

(source of the list: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muse_%28Band%29 )

... seams to be a good song pool for me...
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 pm

Well, from Absolution, it's pretty much a given that "Apocalypse Please" should be in the project. "Hysteria" is also a very good, very AMV-able piece. A personal suggestion would be "Sing for Absolution," as that's probably my favorite from that CD.

Although I know some other Muse songs, that's the only CD I own, so it's the only one I'm making suggestions from.

Hope that helps.

- Jen

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:59 pm

From Bauzi:

I have a vision...
"Sing for Absolution" with Rahxephon :o
I want every single in the MEP, because I like them all so much!
Are you planning a fixed playlist with a fast mixover, just like the Animiyx poject?
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:20 pm

I'd definately like to see bliss in there, as for actually joining, I'd definately consider it, but it depends on timing etc. But definately want to keep current on this one :)

Edit: oh yeah, forgot about Butterflies and Hurricanes, definately something else I'd like to see :up:

[Kristyrat]

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:33 pm

ho-hum...

endlessly, falling away with you, hysteria, stockholm syndrome and do we need this for the win!

if this started later on, I'd be glad to join...

Jannis Nätke alias -Good for Nothing-

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:08 pm

Bauzi wrote:Are you planning a fixed playlist with a fast mixover, just like the Animiyx poject?
Depends on what type of songs people want overall in the mix.

I mean, obviously my personal tastes aren't what everyone else wants, and when Devo and I were throwing songs back and forth for a list, with a possible order of those songs, the tempos varied GREATLY.

Ultimately we're just giving the songs to Add, and he's going to do whatever with them, but we'd(Or I guess I, in this case) would like to know what specific songs to give to Add for him to mix with. =3

Edit: That and technically I haven't seen AniMix [yet] so I'm guessing as to what you mean by your question. >_>;;

edit2: Currently no internet access, so replies to you guys will be slow. Sorry about this. X|
StandardQuip

Bauzi
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:21 pm

From Bauzi:

If you wait for 20 people posting one different song after another, that you will have to wait months sry -.-'
Plz make a playlist as you think!

Mhmm... Yeah the speed of the Muse songs tempos varied greatly. It will be hard to mix them (in Animixstyle, or not...)

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:45 pm

Not different songs.

Just what songs they'd prefer to be in. So the most popular choices will definately be in, and the other tracks left over(if there are any) can try to match the theme/tempo of the popular choices.
StandardQuip

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:51 pm

Ok, been waiting for this project to come up. I'm reserving
the song Knights of Cydonia and I'm going to use Death Note Raws.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”