Mecha-Mania - Mechanical Monstrosities

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:13 am

hmmm.... good choice using mine for the credits. The audio sticks out like a sore thumb... That and I edited it about 2 years ago. ;) Want me to use a more updated audio choice with the same source?

I will comment more on transition ideas and stuff after I watch it a couple more times.

One thing that you can think about are still frames of the final and first frames of the clips. I used them a lot with the VDay MEPs because of the variance I had in the audio samples that people used. It doesn't have to be a long transition, but some of the quick switches you have now are a bit jarring.

anyhoo - update soon.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 pm

ok some comments:
My audio on the first track sounds terrible... I guess that's my fault tho I'll look for a .wav to send you but i dont think i have one anymore x_x.

1st transition Gravion + some anime I dont know
I don't like the checker/boxes there maybe a drictional blur? can the next track start to come in a little earlier? say on the last "durnt"

2nd transition... cross fade the audio a little and you could bring in the new track with similar boxes to the effects in the track.

transition between code geas/nightwish and within temptation (noidea on anime...) Here I was thinking the WT track starts with white on black background... that makes it easy to do a luma key overlapping the tracks. :wink:

Rayearth this one is very dark compared to others I'd suggest adding a tweak to the import script and upping the brightness by about 10% it also needs some sharpening snd is full of artefacts. (not that the others aren't from the compression but this one it's more noticeable)

Sokou no Strain... I watched this one and an thought "that looks like Flame/Clamp-X 's editing" that track fucking "pwns".

Heroic Age >.> I made it 848X480 so you could fit it in eitherway but it looks sexier in widescreen (now that I've watched it in 4:3) hrmm the audio just doesn't quite fit between the track and heroic age... not sure wha tyou can do about it either :[
also might wanna shorten the gap between jubber's track and mine.

anyway that's just some ideas/comments/observations :P
new banzors in the making :p

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:55 pm

Rayearth final was given in .mpeg, not sure if the artefacts can be saved ~_~ but I'll bump up the brightness

and jubness, i think your audio is fine, it adds this irreplaceable 'oldschool' feeling XD

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Heads up: THIS MEP WILL PREMIERE AT MANIFEST 2008 Australia's largest AMV convention even if Lockstock says otherwise? >_> So be damned sure that this will all come together by mid-September. No bsing this time, I want to get it out of the way and start and interest gauge for the second one done with proper audio :P

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:51 am

OropherZero wrote:Heads up: THIS MEP WILL PREMIERE AT MANIFEST 2008 Australia's largest AMV convention even if Lockstock says otherwise? >_> So be damned sure that this will all come together by mid-September. No bsing this time, I want to get it out of the way and start and interest gauge for the second one done with proper audio :P
you better be there this time and not be hiding from me like last year :twisted:
new banzors in the making :p

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:58 am

Autraya wrote:
OropherZero wrote:Heads up: THIS MEP WILL PREMIERE AT MANIFEST 2008 Australia's largest AMV convention even if Lockstock says otherwise? >_> So be damned sure that this will all come together by mid-September. No bsing this time, I want to get it out of the way and start and interest gauge for the second one done with proper audio :P
you better be there this time and not be hiding from me like last year :twisted:
no sry I won't be at Manifest =/

sweetdeily
Org Profile

Post by sweetdeily » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:06 am

will you send my soon to be hubby down instead?
ImageImage
Lockstock: " i gots the power!"
Sweetdeily: "you know he-man was a gay icon, right?"
*SILENCE*

Immorrel
Org Profile

Post by Immorrel » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:34 am

Bump goes the mecha-mania thread.

So what's the word, boss?

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:10 am

beta 2 will be linked sometime next week or the week after, that beta will be the one sent to Manifest for premiere. May fix little things here and there after then release it.

Apologies for lack of update, I thought that everyone is automatically assuming that im still working on it because I plan to have it premiered this month XD

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”