AMV Telephone Project (completed)

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri May 05, 2006 12:26 pm

Roger that, update coming soon today (sorry I was a little busy this week).

My track should be done within a day or two, and I'll have a line prepared for Kitsuner, along with instructions, as soon as I'm finished.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 pm

Hmm... so who's writing the title in between Oto's and Kitsuner's videos?

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Fri May 05, 2006 7:09 pm

I'll pick someone unless you have someone in mind.

Orwell hasn't been informed of the original line so perhaps I'll ask him :)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat May 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Update:

My track is done (or at least ready for beta stage, which is done enough since a line can be written for it).

It will be released and posted as an in-progress preview once Kitsuner, likewise, finishes his track enough to have the next line written (this is done so that the next person has no idea what track or title came before theirs) next week. He'll get his line and instructions tomorrow. :)

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon May 08, 2006 12:36 am

Alright, I've sent Kitsuner the message. His turn is up, my turn is... down?

Anyway, you (i.e., all those actually reading this thread) will see the first track next week. (It's nothing impressive, but it's appropriate for the first line it's based on)

The first two posts are in need of editing and a sig needs to be made too, but I'll get to this shortly. Fortunately, at least the video-making part is in good order and the project is fully running. :)

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Sat May 13, 2006 9:59 pm

Image (with a purpose)
Otohiko wrote:Alright, I've sent Kitsuner the message. His turn is up, my turn is... down?

Anyway, you (i.e., all those actually reading this thread) will see the first track next week. (It's nothing impressive, but it's appropriate for the first line it's based on)

The first two posts are in need of editing and a sig needs to be made too, but I'll get to this shortly. Fortunately, at least the video-making part is in good order and the project is fully running. :)
I have to say personally i think this is a bad idea :| it's kind of like having the first person in a telephone line stand up and announce the phrase they were givin. I thought the purpose was to be completely oblivious of what the phrase was and what people had previously made, in order to make the following videos get further and further away from the original message.

any who thats my two cents. :\

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sat May 13, 2006 10:23 pm

Fall_Child42 wrote:I have to say personally i think this is a bad idea :| it's kind of like having the first person in a telephone line stand up and announce the phrase they were givin. I thought the purpose was to be completely oblivious of what the phrase was and what people had previously made, in order to make the following videos get further and further away from the original message.

any who thats my two cents. :\
I had similar reservations. As long as nobody knows what the catch phrase was for the video, AND as long as the one that's posted is several iterations back it might work.

My only real concern is that it's going to 'set the tone' of the following videos.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sat May 13, 2006 10:32 pm

Well, if you don't think that's a good idea, I could hold it off. Just thought it'd give you guys a sense of "getting somewhere" - I'm sure we're all sick of those projects where you sit around for months and see nothing, so this might be an idea.

Another defense is the original EPYC video this is based off of, where the person editing the video knew what came before the previous one (hopefully, by virtue of having actually edited it :roll: )

Anyway, I'm open to feedback. In fact, I think it's a good idea to poll the members.

Do you want to see completed videos once their follow-ups are complete, or would you rather it all be a surprise and saved for the end?

Unless there's a good number of votes in favor of releasing the in-progress stuff, I'll just hold off putting out anything right now.

It's fine with me either way since I get to see them all anyway :P

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Sat May 13, 2006 10:49 pm

I vote that you're not allowed to see the earlier videos, or the lines until you've finished your segment.

(even though I secretly want to see them)

krzT
I has a title
Org Profile

Post by krzT » Sun May 14, 2006 10:08 am

As much as I'd love to see the previous tracks as well, I also move to hold off on displaying the segments as they are edited. For the original, it would've been nicer had jasper and I not known the previous themes...but seeing how there were only two editors...^^; Holding off seeing the completed segments until the editor has completed his/her segment is probably a good compromise. Though I can't speak for everyone involved, I think I'm patient enough to wait this one out, especially since the end result is going to be so awesome. 8-)

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”