Rock/Metal MEP

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
HitokiriScythe
Org Profile

Rock/Metal MEP

Post by HitokiriScythe » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:24 pm

i am going to be making a rock MEP using Rock and Metal.
i want all who are interested to make sure the following are in order.

the anime you are using: please try to stick to 1 type of anime.
make it from either Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Shamploo,Samurai X (the kenshin ovas) or DBZ
The songs:Anything From Metalica, Megadeth, Dragonforce, or Iron Maiden

Checklist: make sure the following are right.

Encoding:DivX (contact me through aim if you need it (Syandrious or
HitokiriScythe))

Quality: Good/Decent (check my DBZ/Valley of the Damned amv to see the lowest quality acceptable)

List: the list of amvs you are submiting. (like title, song, artist, anime, ect)

any questions, feel free to ask me.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Re: Rock/Metal MEP

Post by Orwell » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:42 pm

Getting better, though, I don't understand this.
HitokiriScythe wrote: Encoding:DivX
Proper Xvid encoding would be better,and if done right compatible with DivX. H.264 is even better, and potentially smaller, and Huffyuv is, or pretty close, lossless. If they take a fansub, make a semi-quality divx, and then you export it in vdubmod as a divx, the quality isn't going to be watchable.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:53 pm

so wait...i can throw anything together and it falls into the guidelines of your project as long as I use the bands you like and the anime you like? and then... WHY is dbz included in the list? At first I thought you were going for samurai themed MEP but...you killed that with the including of dbz... This whole thing sounds like it is just you asking people to make video for you so that you can specify what you want. Well... thats why we have the supersearch feature. use it. oh, and I agree with orwell about not using divx.
<----Place Holder---->

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:26 am

so wait...i can throw anything together and it falls into the guidelines of your project as long as I use the bands you like and the anime you like? and then... WHY is dbz included in the list? At first I thought you were going for samurai themed MEP but...you killed that with the including of dbz... This whole thing sounds like it is just you asking people to make video for you so that you can specify what you want. Well... thats why we have the supersearch feature. use it. oh, and I agree with orwell about not using divx.
*agreed.
include more details. the first thing would probably a concept, if you don't want to have masses of random mediocre vids.
you could as well tell us the reason for the limited choice for anime and music since that merely covers a very small margin of metal/rock.
if there is a certain reason for us to encode in divX, tell us.

if you do these things, me and others may be interested.

Jannis Nätke alias -Good for Nothing-

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:50 am

Clone :P. There has just been a metal-Mep released (see sig-banner.) so why do you want to put up another? Anothre question of mine is, what do you understand as metal, you named some bands, but would something wicked like Marduk or Vader be okay as well?

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:08 am

Not really a clone, because it doesn't look like he's even going to mix it. Just going to put a bunch of full videos back-to-back and call it an MEP.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:49 am

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Not really a clone, because it doesn't look like he's even going to mix it. Just going to put a bunch of full videos back-to-back and call it an MEP.
Well, so you would rather call it:"metal-amv-hell-1 - Yet again free-for-all-junk" ? :lol:

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:16 am

You all fail to realize the genius behind this man's vision. He sees an AMV unrestrained by the modern conformities we've come to associate with multi-editor projects. This vision he has is so grand as to encompass the very heart and soul of everything that is ROCK. Don't criticize this master for your shortcoming to be able see things on his level.

However, if you all managed to somehow bear witness to the magnificent testiment of HitokiriScythe's ideals, then this would truly be the greatest MEP in the history of editing. If it isn't, it would be because of YOUR criticism and shortsightedness.

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:30 am

Requiett it is not like you see it. I have respect for him to try to put up something like this. My questions are,

1: Is it useful to release/start another Metal-Mep this fast after the first one ever?

2: Is it good for rock, when just anybody, can send material with hardly any conditions?

I think not, since rock is special and shouldn't just be like amv-hell-3 where there were few good tracks and a whole bunch of nonsense. If he would start this under these conditions, there probably would be about 5 linkin Ball z kiddies joining. Do you want rock to be represented by just onirginal stupid as fuck action videos? I bet not, so please take my point into consideration. Another point is that he isn't really specific with what he allows as music. What would he do if I built a part to Marduk's "Panzerdivision"? would he deny me the access because it's black-metal, or is any kind of metal okay? These are my points. It was not my intention to insult here, all I wanted to say is, that this person gave the whole thing too few though in my opinion.

ChronoWraith
Org Profile

Post by ChronoWraith » Sat Apr 08, 2006 6:49 pm

Tormentor wrote: Another point is that he isn't really specific with what he allows as music. What would he do if I built a part to Marduk's "Panzerdivision"? would he deny me the access because it's black-metal, or is any kind of metal okay?
He says that he doesn't want anything other than the 4 bands he wants you to use, so, based off his "guidelines" you'd be denied. Personally I think this project is going to hell, if anywhere. Though, maybe just to show how idiotic his guidelines are i'll make a heavily implied yaoi video using the songs/anime he wants, technically it qualifies.
<----Place Holder---->

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”