Project Trinity: Christian Rock MEP

This forum is for the announcement, organisation and discussion of Multi-Editor AMV Projects.

Postby The_Vagrant_06 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:02 pm

I'll take P.O.D. - "Goodbye for Now" or "Sleeping Awake". Is that good?
New Advent Children video coming soon. Wait for it, please!
User avatar
The_Vagrant_06
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2006

Postby Sierra Lorna » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:27 pm

JenCM18 wrote:Ok the song I'm thinking about using is Plumb "Taken"

I might change my mind though [After I buy plumb's new cd that's coming out Tuesday]. If I do I will reply very soon.

But right now I'm working on part of the song I'm using and have thought of some scenes to use. Not very many but it will do ^_^

If I like it I will I use the song. But If I find a better song off her new cd I'll use it.

Okay. That particular song by Plumb isn't very Christian-sounding (I think it's just about a guy/girl relationship), but I think we'll accept it anyway. It would be cool if you could find something else, but this will work too.

Bakadeshi wrote:Great.. just as I was thinking... woo Sierra and silvermoons running an MEP?? I'm sooo IN! then I see christian rock.... I don;t know alot of those... rather I hardly know any at all ;p

I'll have to see if I can find an anime/song combo i can work with before attempting to join this. If you have any suggestions on artists that you think will fit my style (you know my vids by now) feel free to PM me some suggestions ;p That is if you want me in.

Lol, why would we want you on the project? :P I think silver_moon's sending you a list of artist suggestions, because of course we'd love for your talented self to be included on this MEP.

The_Vagrant_06 wrote:I'll take P.O.D. - "Goodbye for Now" or "Sleeping Awake". Is that good?

Yeah, both of those sound great. I was wondering when P.O.D. would be taken. :wink:
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Sierra Lorna
 
Joined: 19 Jan 2002
Location: BC, Canada

Postby The_Vagrant_06 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:45 pm

YAY!!! I might do "Sleeping Awake" because that's my favorite off of the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack. Can I have Evangelion?
New Advent Children video coming soon. Wait for it, please!
User avatar
The_Vagrant_06
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2006

Postby JenCM18 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:14 am

alright thanks ^_^ But I will find another song to use soon. I can make both and you can choose which ever one to put in the project.
Image
Aun Studios. Listen...Imagine...Create. | Ef "feel Alive" | Tonari No Kaibutsu-Kun " Trouble" [Work In Progress]
User avatar
JenCM18
 
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Location: Ohio,United States
Status: Engaged

Postby Bakadeshi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:17 am

ok put me down for:
The Juliana Theory - "Into the Dark"
and Naruto as the anime for now - Theme would be Naru- Hina romance/encouragement type theme, but I might change the anime once I think some more on it.
User avatar
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
 
Joined: 29 Sep 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby *inverse* » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:18 am

Here's what I've decided to use:

Anime: Air (movie)
Song: "Just a Prayer Away" by Jaci Velasquez
Length: About 1 minute

I haven't done an MEP where we use our own music. Do we just choose a segment of the song and edit it so it fades in and out?
User avatar
*inverse*
 
Joined: 20 Aug 2003
Location: BC, Canada

Postby silver_moon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:29 am

The_Vagrant_06 wrote:YAY!!! I might do "Sleeping Awake" because that's my favorite off of the Matrix Reloaded Soundtrack. Can I have Evangelion?


Yep. :)

JenCM18 wrote:alright thanks ^_^ But I will find another song to use soon. I can make both and you can choose which ever one to put in the project.


Yeah we'll only pick one track if you use Plumb songs for both, but if you want to use two different artists we can include them both in the project.

Bakadeshi wrote:ok put me down for:
The Juliana Theory - "Into the Dark"
and Naruto as the anime for now - Theme would be Naru- Hina romance/encouragement type theme, but I might change the anime once I think some more on it.


Awesome. :wink:

*inverse* wrote:I haven't done an MEP where we use our own music. Do we just choose a segment of the song and edit it so it fades in and out?


Use whatever parts of the song you want. Feel free to mix and match different sections of the song together into your track, too (I know that's what I'm doing for my tracks). But don't fade the tracks in and out. We'd probably better make that clear to everybody...

*NOTE FOR ALL EDITORS*
DO NOT fade your tracks in and out. We will make the transitions ourselves. It's also best if you leave a second or two of both audio and video "filler" at the beginning and end of your track. So if you want the beginning of your track to be seen in the final video, it's best to add a couple seconds of filler just before it to make sure it's not edited over in the final version.
ImageImage
User avatar
silver_moon
 
Joined: 23 Nov 2001
Location: British Columbia, Canada

Postby Ingow » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:57 am

silver_moon wrote:Ok, I sent you a PM with a link to the song.


Thanks, got and downloaded it. I think I'll use the part at around 2:00-3:00 of the song since whenever I tried to mix audio parts of a song I screwed up and it sounded awfully :/
Image
User avatar
Ingow
 
Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Location: Worms, Germany
Status: God Tier

Postby Prodigi » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:10 am

silver_moon wrote:
Prodigi wrote:Ok, that's fine. Just remove "Prayer" by Disturbed from my song choices, and leave "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew (who is a christian artist).


Thanks for being so accomodating. :) And just let us know if you want to change your track or add a new one.

Hey, that's fine, it's your MEP and i'm just along for the ride ;)

although after some consideration i'm not sure if the song it self would be considered 'rock'. If you're not familiar with the song i'd be happy to send you an edit of what i would use, so you can have the final say.

I'm still searching for a second song to use, and so far "Shake the Planet" by PlanetShakers has sparked my interest. I'll keep you updated.
Prodigi
is the conductor.
 
Joined: 06 Sep 2003

Postby Osakaisthebomb » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:34 am

:lol: :P :o :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:


This project looks like it is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see.
User avatar
Osakaisthebomb
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2005
Location: Florence,Alabama
Status: 16 kib limit is a crime.

Postby Sierra Lorna » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:46 pm

Prodigi wrote:
silver_moon wrote:
Prodigi wrote:Ok, that's fine. Just remove "Prayer" by Disturbed from my song choices, and leave "Grace Like Rain" by Todd Agnew (who is a christian artist).


Thanks for being so accomodating. :) And just let us know if you want to change your track or add a new one.

Hey, that's fine, it's your MEP and i'm just along for the ride ;)

although after some consideration i'm not sure if the song it self would be considered 'rock'. If you're not familiar with the song i'd be happy to send you an edit of what i would use, so you can have the final say.

I'm still searching for a second song to use, and so far "Shake the Planet" by PlanetShakers has sparked my interest. I'll keep you updated.

I love "Grace Like Rain", and I'd consider it to be soft rock or pop, and that's perfectly fine for this project. We'd like a good mix of soft, hard and medium rock. We're mostly just not looking for music like gospel or country or rap (but rap/rock is okay).

I've never heard of PlanetShakers before. I listened to some samples by them, and they sound pretty good. Let us know when you decide. :wink:

Osakaisthebomb wrote:This project looks like it is going to be awesome. Can't wait to see.

Thanks. :D
Image
ImageImage
User avatar
Sierra Lorna
 
Joined: 19 Jan 2002
Location: BC, Canada

Postby Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 pm

Partly out of curiosity and partly out of interest, what's your policy on a band that is undeclared as far as religion goes, but has a song that is at least thematically Christian? In particular I'm referring to "Lazarus" by Porcupine Tree.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.
User avatar
Flint the Dwarf
 
Joined: 16 Jan 2002
Location: Ashland, WI

Postby jubjub2 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:27 pm

I'll stick my toes in for this one!

Artist: Mismash
Song: "Do What is Right"
Anime: Tokyo Babylon

Time: 1:00

I'm looking forward to seeing the final project!
User avatar
jubjub2
 
Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Location: Houston-ish
Status: AMV-Mum

Postby JenCM18 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:59 pm

Question :: Do you want us to send an interlaced huffy file? or deinterlace it our selves and send it that way?

With the sailor moon stars footage I have I was thinking about filtering it myself. If I do should I still keep the resolution at 720*480?
Image
Aun Studios. Listen...Imagine...Create. | Ef "feel Alive" | Tonari No Kaibutsu-Kun " Trouble" [Work In Progress]
User avatar
JenCM18
 
Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Location: Ohio,United States
Status: Engaged

Postby Skylink » Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Flint the Dwarf wrote:Partly out of curiosity and partly out of interest, what's your policy on a band that is undeclared as far as religion goes, but has a song that is at least thematically Christian? In particular I'm referring to "Lazarus" by Porcupine Tree.


I don't think that the "band" has to be Christian. As long as the song (or at least the CLIP you're using) has a Christian related theme to it, it should be fine.
ImageImage
Skylink
 
Joined: 04 May 2004

PreviousNext

Return to Multi-Editor Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests