A Road Of Few Productions Project

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:32 pm

shinodude wrote: well im nto saying yuou arnt capeble to let you know XD but do what ever you whant

if I can join id like to use the song collide by skillet

skillet is a christian band XD

not sure what anime I will use but im thinking chrono crusade
That sounds awesome.

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:38 pm

Skylink wrote: Oh, and about the company logo, what if you don't have one? Should I just make some random symbol?
You don't really have to do that. It'd just when people are watching the credits. If someone wants to know the name of a song but can't remember the name of the anime in the video. They can just look at the production company name and find it better.

By the way, I'm extremly bad at grammar and such. If I'm not making sense just tell me.

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:35 pm

Sorry if I said something to upset you. You yourself said you were unsure of yourself, so I'm trusting what you said.
Osakaisthebomb wrote:I can't guarantee the project will come out fancy or even decent. Heck, I can't promise that it will even get done.
It doesn't sound like this project is going to get done, as it is. A lot of MEPs don't get done. As editors, we need to be assured that if we're not going to be wasting our time making tracks for yet another MEP that won't even get done. From what you've said so far, I don't really get what your vision is for this project or what's going to hold it together. I'm worried by the lack of information about the project.

So here's my proposal: my sister and I would like to be the coordinators of the project. We'd like you to be the "project founder" and our "artistic expert" and help out with whatever else you'd like, discussing the rules and everything together. Because I really think you do have some great ideas, just not too much MEP organizing or encoding-related knowledge. This is what happened for the first MEP ever, Mission Improbable, which I was also a part of. It was someone else's idea, but ended up getting organized by someone else. And it got done, and it turned out awesome. For quite a while we've been cosidering running our own MEP, with a project like the one you're planning, one that uses all Christian rock.

I believe it's unrealistic to think you can have someone to finally teach you what the heck encoding even is, while you're trying to organize this whole project at the same time. That would be pretty stressing. Editors drop out all the time, especially if a project isn't too organized, and problems always come up.

It's not that I don't think you can do it, I believe you may be able to make this work, it's just that I know the project will turn out better if someone with more experience and planning skills is organizing it. It's easy to make "an MEP", but it's impossible to make "a great MEP" without the knowledge of how to do it.

What we'd like to do is start a new, more organized start-up thread that has an actual project title and clearer guidelines, but I want to hear what you think first.
ImageImage

Skylink
Org Profile

Post by Skylink » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:45 pm

lol We can call it AMV Heaven. (Get it? AMV Hell? AMV Heaven? I make myself laugh :P)

Anyway, yeah, I'm using Just an Illusion by Louis "Buster" Brown.
ImageImage

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:03 pm

Skylink wrote:lol We can call it AMV Heaven. (Get it? AMV Hell? AMV Heaven? I make myself laugh :P)

Anyway, yeah, I'm using Just an Illusion by Louis "Buster" Brown.
we will even have a amv heaven 0 with tons of christian songs with hentai segments :lol: we must do it sence you already made the banner lol

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:50 pm

AMV Heaven is taken or at least is an idea used by someone else already (though not about Christian music :P).

Sorry as well if I sounded like I was saying this idea was bad. Honestly, I think it's a good idea and wouldn't have bothered posting if I didn't want to see it happen and come into fruition in a good way. But yeah, I was just afraid it'll end up mediocre or not at all if we don't have a better set of guidelines to work with.

Hmm... I have to look at my collection once more for a good song :P I've been listening to too much JPop lately :lol:

I like Sierra's suggestion :D

And we might get more people interested too :P

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:19 am

Sierra Lorna, I apprciate the gesture but I don't think it's for the right reason. Please have some faith in me for a change. I will finish this project. This isn't going to get canceled I assure you that. Like I said before I have chosen to work with sora764. Why? Well for one thing I know the dude. Another is that he lives in the same town as I do now so working on it together would be simple and I have learned aobut encoding and will be working on that with another friend of mine.

Also I don't like the idea of giving this project to anyone else. I don't mean to sound slefish on this but if I did that I would have no right to call it my own. Plus there is the chance that the ideas and direction I want to take this might be different than yours.

Sierra, please I need to do this on my own. I'm sorry but I have to decline your offer.

Also, what info about this project am I not clearifying? Please explain. This would help alot.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:50 am

In your first post you just sounded a bit unsure of yourself and how the project would turn out, so that had both Sierra and I worried. Now you say you're going to finish the project, but it seems like you're not letting the rest of us in on the plan you have for it, or that you just haven't thought about some things yet.
- How long are you planning on making this?
- What's it even going to be called?
- What kind of transitions do you have planned?
- Are you going to set any other kind of standards? Would you let a track that is barely edited into the project? Would you disqualify tracks that came with extremely poor audio/video quality?

The April 1st deadline also had me a little worried. All of the MEPs I've seen took at least three or four months to complete. I don't think one month is going to cut it for a lot of people who would want to make a really good track. That deadline would be too soon for me to make the couple of tracks I want to do (I have my own video projects to work on during that time as well).

I've noticed a lot of people show interest, but only a few have actually committed to making tracks. You can't finish the project if enough people don't commit. Either that or the project will end up having hardly any tracks. My suspicion is that the lack of commitment is due to the lack of technical and other, more specific, rules like how Infinity Squared mentioned earlier.

Please don't think we want to take away your idea... we just want the project to be more organized and we want to see more people signing up.
Osakaisthebomb wrote:Like I said before I have chosen to work with sora764. Why? Well for one thing I know the dude. Another is that he lives in the same town as I do now so working on it together would be simple and I have learned aobut encoding and will be working on that with another friend of mine.
Actually, you don't have to be working with someone who's in the same town. Sierra and I are living in different cities and we give each other input on our current video projects ALL the time. We just send our betas and talk over instant messangers. We even made whole videos together across the internet just by giving each other our project files. But, if that's what you want to do.
Osakaisthebomb wrote:if I did that I would have no right to call it my own.
Well technically, it wouldn't be just yours anyway... the video would belong to all of the editors as well.
Osakaisthebomb wrote:there is the chance that the ideas and direction I want to take this might be different than yours.
We would be happy to run all of our rules by you and hear your input on every aspect of the project. We would just want to make sure all of your ideas can actually happen the way you plan them to.

I understand that in the end this is your idea, though. All I can do is make suggestions, then.
- You should definitely take a look at the sticky thread in this forum about running MEPs. Also, read through some of the other MEP threads in this forum to see how other coordinaters handle situations and convince other people to join their projects.
- You should either make a new, official, thread complete with a project title (I had no idea this was a thread for a Christian MEP project until halfway through the first post) and a first page that lists all the specific rules and lists participating members and tracks, or you could update this thread by editing your first post to keep the project up-to-date with lists and such

I'm not sure myself whether I'll make any tracks for this project. I do have several ideas, but since I spend several hours on my videos I don't want to commit to anything until I see there's enough people working on this project to get it off the ground.

Good luck, I really hope this project turns out.
ImageImage

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:52 am

Personally, these are the stuff I'd want to know:

- Final video format (ie. what codec is used and what container it would be in, screen resolutions and aspect ratio, frame rate, etc). This'd be so I can make videos that would fit these categories.

- That I'd be able to send to you online (ie. via YouSendIt, RapidShare or any other upload program, or even an ftp site) as I am all the way in Australia and sending via snail mail will be thoroughly annoying.

- Should footages have clean endings and openings, as in you're not cross-fading together different tracks? Or does it not matter and we're free to do whatever we want with these.

- Audio formats, for both what we send to you as well as the final video. Do you want us as well to send the music file separately so you can mix them, or just tag them along with the video itself? (lossless or compressed?)

I'm also sorry to say this but I don't make .wmv videos as I find the quality lacking sometimes (particularly as the platform I am working on creates giant pixels on fast scenes). I'd probably and preferrably be sending you Huffies.

I have faith in you, and this is a Christian MEP after all :P I'll have more faith in you though if you lay my doubts to rest by answering my questions :)

Osakaisthebomb
Org Profile

Post by Osakaisthebomb » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:29 am

Infinity Squared wrote:Personally, these are the stuff I'd want to know:

- Final video format (ie. what codec is used and what container it would be in, screen resolutions and aspect ratio, frame rate, etc). This'd be so I can make videos that would fit these categories.

- That I'd be able to send to you online (ie. via YouSendIt, RapidShare or any other upload program, or even an ftp site) as I am all the way in Australia and sending via snail mail will be thoroughly annoying.

- Should footages have clean endings and openings, as in you're not cross-fading together different tracks? Or does it not matter and we're free to do whatever we want with these.

- Audio formats, for both what we send to you as well as the final video. Do you want us as well to send the music file separately so you can mix them, or just tag them along with the video itself? (lossless or compressed?)

I'm also sorry to say this but I don't make .wmv videos as I find the quality lacking sometimes (particularly as the platform I am working on creates giant pixels on fast scenes). I'd probably and preferrably be sending you Huffies.

I have faith in you, and this is a Christian MEP after all :P I'll have more faith in you though if you lay my doubts to rest by answering my questions :)
First question: I'm looking at mpeg as the final file type. I'll have to do alot of testing to see which one will work best. I let you know as soon as possible.
second question:I'll have to look into those sites or programs and see If that will work.
Third question: Do to you hearts content
Fourth question: I'd send a copy of just the song as well. Whatever you feel is better.

My computer has trouble with .avi,.mov,and mpeg-4 files. M-peg would probally be the best bet as to what file type to send me.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”