Reflections of Style: 3rd Edition

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Reflections of Style: 3rd Edition

Post by SnhKnives » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:05 pm

That’s right; the rumors you heard are all true. AtomX and I have decided to keep this thing going while there is still interest. The Reflections of Style series has been somewhat of a different experience. We have tried to offer something a little bit fun an unique to the AMV community. We would also like to keep it going on as long as there are people willing to put good effort and time into it. If you haven’t heard about this project before, let me do a small amount of background explaining.

The Reflections of Style projects started out back around March of 2003. I recruited a group of friends together to take place in a multi editor project that had a bit of a twist on purpose. The idea I had in mind was to use a mix of electronica music to display the unique editing styles and methods of all the editors involved in the project. The same concept was implemented into the 2nd edition of the project. This time around however, we have decided to verge away from electronica music just a little. We thought it would be a great opportunity to get creators who aren’t as much a fan of electronica music to show off their unique skills and talents. So that is the basic premise of this project.

This is not a random exposition of effects!

This year in particular, the mix was made in mind of people being able to use the style of music along with the lyrics to form a beautiful composition of music and video. We will not be looking for how pretty you can necessarily make your video look (however we would like for it to look ascetically pleasing as well) we will be wanting you to have some sort of relevance to your track. Basically, use effects only if they really fit into the segment, not random eye-candy.

I would like to discuss some of the pre-requirements that AtomX and I have laid down. If you have participated in both ROS1 and ROS2, then you are NOT eligible to be a part of this project. Now, if you participated in ROS1 and not ROS2, or vice versa, then you may still participate in this project. However, if you are competing for the same track against someone new, it will be kept in mind that you have already particiapted. What that means is that when AtomX and I are deciding who gets what, if you have already been a part of the project and should it come down to you and another person who we think has equal talent who is new, then it is likely that we will give the part to the other person and not you.

With that being said, let me get down to some of the more technical specifications, changes and other babble that you probably don’t want to hear about, before I discuss the mix itself.

----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, first let me talk about the submissions and editing credentials.

All submissions will take place in 29.97, 23.976, or 24 frames per second. The final project will be as tradition stands, in 29.97 frames per second, so just keep that in mind. I fully expect for you to submit your final lossless copy to me in square pixels. I don't care whether or not you plan to do all of your editing in square pixels. You will however, submit your final to me in the correct PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio) and highest resolution possible. I know that last year I wanted most people to submit in 720x480, however, this caused many problems as I did not specify what kind of aspect ratio I wanted. This time I’m going to be as specific as possible when it comes to technicalities.

As far as editing style and programs go: I care not what you use. You can use Windows Movie Maker for all I care, however if you do not posses the knowledge to export from WMM as lossless and your final track does not meet up to AtomX’s and Myown standards (as well as the standards of the other editors on the project who's segments we will be showing), then it is possible that you may be rejected from the track and replaced.

Now, I don’t want to discourage anyone or make it out to seem that Reflections of Style is some sort of exclusive elite AMV multi editor project, in my honest opinion it is not. Large amounts of talented editors will sign up for this project. It is NOT our intent to separate better editors from lessor ones, we will pick the best entries we have and won't make decisions based on sentimentality towards certain editors. However, with this being the third edition, it’s very likely for many new faces to be a part of this project (in fact we intend to do just that).

Finally, now that you have hopefully read everything leading up to this point, let me introduce you to the mix.

Reflections of Style 3: The Mix

At the page linked above, you will be able to download the full mix, read about each individual song, look at the timestamps for each individual track, and download the individual tracks themselves.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Signups

Signups will take place in almost the exact same fashion as last year. If you are interested in taking part in this project, then please reply to this thread and post your top 3 track requests and the sources you plan to use for each. Just like last year, this is NOT a first come, first serve system. Signups will last for a period of exactly 2 weeks from the date of this post. During that time many people will hopefully be making track request. At the very end of the track signups, AtomX and I will honor certain people with their track choices.

* Please Be Aware *
There will be an unprecedented amount of talent that will sign up for this project. I know that last year, many people took it personally that they were not a part of the project. Please understand that if you are not chosen for the project, it is NOT because we think you are a bad editor. Many good editors got turned away last year. I hate to turn people down but there are only so many tracks available. Some people will not get the track they ask for, or any track at all. This is something that you MUST understand before even requesting a track.

When requesting a track, PLEASE post it on this thread. I know some of you know my AIM screen name and may want to send me your request there. I would please ask that you DON’T do that. Posting on this forum helps keep AtomX and myself organized on who requested which tracks.

Here is an example of an acceptable signup post:

SnhKnives (Lee Webster)

Choice 1: Track 4 (Kaleido Star)

Choice 2: Track 10 (Now and Then, Here and There)

Choice 3: Track 6 (Ai Yori Aoshi)

----------

Here is an example of an unacceptable signup post:

SnhKnives

track 1, 3, 9

Also, one thing last thing. AtomX and I have decided that the following sources will not be allowed to be chosen for this project:

Fooly Cooly (FLCL)

Rahxephon

We decided that both sources had been in BOTH projects before, so lets get a little bit of diversity this time.

I think that pretty much covers everything. If you have any personal questions that you wish to ask AtomX or myself, and do not wish to post on this forum, feel free to email either of us.

SnhKnives’s email: SnhKnives@gmail.com
AtomX’s email: brad@planetbrad.com

-------------------------------------------------------------

Foreign Versions

Hier ist dieser Post in Deutsch

Ici, le post en français

hier is deze post in het nederlands

-------------------------------------------------------------

Let the signups begin!
Last edited by SnhKnives on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:08 pm

It begins o_o

I have high hopes for this project. I hope everybody likes this mix :) I put a lot of work into it
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:15 pm

I would also very much like to thank Atvaark, JCD, and Niotex for providing translations for our other major AMV countries

=D

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:16 pm

|:
Hi.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:18 pm

Koopiskeva wrote:|:
i knew you were gonna say that =|

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:19 pm

:O

Looks like Steakslim can't end the project this year.

And since that's so, someone else will have to procrastinate so Lee ends up looking like this by the end of the project.
Last edited by Jebadia on Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:22 pm

:( :( :( steak :( :( :( that sucks bro

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:31 pm

sinse i technically participated in ROS2 to some degree, does that mean i can't join? or i could be banned because my track sucked so much anyway for ROS2? >.>

Pwolf

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:37 pm

Pwolf wrote:sinse i technically participated in ROS2 to some degree, does that mean i can't join? or i could be banned because my track sucked so much anyway for ROS2? >.>

Pwolf
we'll decide that later, just go ahead and post your selections

VegettoEX
Org Profile

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:54 pm

VegettoEX (Michael LaBrie)

Choice 1: Track 10 (Honey & Clover)

Choice 2: Track 11 (Honey & Clover)

Choice 3: Track 12 (Honey & Clover)

Back-up for any of them would be Beck. Second back-up for any of them has yet to be determined :).
:: [| Michael "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Website: Kanzenshuu |] ::
:: [| AMVs: Profile |] ::
:: [| Latest Video: Flashback (July 2022) |] ::

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”